Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,421 to 3,440 of 4,310 messages
23/11/2012 at 14:47

ffRAN no not giving up as just officially entered the Longleat 10k and the Llanelli H/M next year as part of our warm up to Brighton in April

Seejay glad to hear the recovery is coming along nicely

25/11/2012 at 12:05
Hi everyone
Plodding on as usual - did 6.18 miles this morn before the rain sets in again!!!!
Ive contacted a trainer in chelt and hopefully going to have a chat with him next week to see if he can help me move on in anyway? Cant really afford it so hope i could perhaps see him once a month and he'll give me 'homework' to do inbetween visits?
Still looking to enter something - i know im a whally but will get round to it eventually!!!!
Seej hope your knee is getting better each day and youll soon be back to full strength x
Toby good going with diet and Seej too.
Struggling myself to lose weight think i need to up the exercise time?
Hope u all stay safe in this awful wet weather
Ttfn nessie x
25/11/2012 at 22:09

off to W/W tomorrow not shore about the weight loss this week as we’ve been away for the weekend and tracking the points was easy so will have to see Boscombe went ok and although it rained all of Saturday Sunday started dry and for a moment thought we were going to keep dry not to be got to the last mile and a half and empted down we were last to finish by a long way and according to my Garmin we took 1:24:36 but the run felt faster than that so will wait for the official time to be posted

26/11/2012 at 17:42
Good on you Toby - finishing is the main thing - well done as this awful weather does not help!!!!
At last ive entered something to try to get my mojonback. Im in for the Glos 10k in Feb. Hope to work my way up to longer distances again !!!!!!
Plan to run in the morn, so will keep you posted.
Ness x
27/11/2012 at 04:17

Nessie good for you

27/11/2012 at 10:49
Thanks Toby
Not only was it very wet on my run this morn it was also much colder. Got some super duper gloves that kept my fingers warm!!
Ness x
27/11/2012 at 23:36

Hi yuall!!! Well did my 'walk/run', about 4.5 miles with lots of walking. Felt a little uncomfortable at times but nothing really bad but tomorrow morning will be the result, I hope it is not too bad!!!!!!

Good on ya Nessie, well done for getting out and doing the mileage!!!! Glad to hear you are back in the race mode, keep it going. It is chuffing freezing in the city it must be brass monkeys in the country!

Well done Toby, perciverence, you started so you will finish!!! Time is relative to the course and the feeling on the day, finishing is the most important, specially in this weather.

28/11/2012 at 03:47

Morning all

Have decided to start my Brighton training a little early so am going to repeat the week 1 training schedule for a couple of week not going to stick to it religiously but need to build the mileage up a bit before the training plan starts in earnest

So did 5 miles yesterday should do 6 today but as i did 6 Sunday may just do the other 5 miles so i can have a rest day Thursday before the 10 on Friday

Seejay hope the legs are OK today

29/11/2012 at 10:42
Ha ha long johns brought out for morning run today!!!!! Brrrrrr it was cold. Theyre not like the 'old grampy' ones - they are white/orangey with flowers!!!
Hope everyone ok? Run carefully can be slippy in the shade
Ttfn nessie x
29/11/2012 at 23:05

Hi Toby, yeah knee was ok yesterday but will see how it is in the morning after tonights run.

Nessie, needs must, any old garment to keep warm!!!!

Another walk/run tonight, same route as Tuesday and it was a little easier but still had a few niggles. Will rest now till Tuesday and try again, hopefullt it will settle after a few weeks!!!

02/12/2012 at 10:48
Seej hope the knee is getting easier.
Woke up with awful sore throat again and its very icy under foot today so im not running. Will try tomo if weather better???
Only two runs this week - good walk yesterday with doggies and another planned for later .
Hope everyone ok? Ttfn nessie x
02/12/2012 at 11:09

morning all

well the 10 miler never happened combination of hard week at work (4 x 12 hour shifts) and daughter being down for the weekend and it being the first time I've seen her since September and wanting to spend some time with her

the whole family's off in a minute for the Santa's on the run fun run it's only a 1.5 miles but a lot of fun as I've said before

04/12/2012 at 12:53
No running again today - ive got a stinky old cold now!!!
Perhaps tomo????
Ness x
04/12/2012 at 17:21

afternoon all

6 miles for me today have to say struggled all the way around ending up with splits raganeing from 9:05 to 11:05 so not the best run ever but got plenty of activity points out of it so there's a plus

05/12/2012 at 09:27

Hello.....Remember me?

First of all I owe the lot of you an apology for not posting for ages. The last two weeks have comprised of attempting to recover from a knackered knee, a stomach bug, which really took its toll and working away from home. Totally remiss of me considering all of you manage to post whether you run or not!

Anyway, I am focused now on preparing for Bath Half. I ran an easy 1.75 miles on Monday, followed by 3.25 miles last night. The good news is there have been no issues with the knee. I'm hoping to increase steadily over the next few weeks so that I can easily mnage 6-7 miles by the end of the year. I hope everyone is good and I'll do my best to stay in touch!

05/12/2012 at 13:01
Hi CB sorry u had problems - dont worry about not posting aslong as u keep in touch we understand life is hectic-
particularly this time of year!!! Glad youre back into it now.x

Well done Toby you did a run no matter the time etc at least you made the effort.

No run again today - feeling pretty rough with this silly cold!!!!
Ho hum try again tomo maybe???
Ness x
05/12/2012 at 14:25

afternoon all

well 5 miles for me to day cold but sunny with a bit of a head wind heading out Brighton training starts in earnest next week so really must get out for some thing longer than a 6 mile run this week just to make shore i can still do it

05/12/2012 at 16:25
Another errant poster! Hi everyone. Hope you are all ok.
Two weeks ago I fell flying running to my car- late for running club. Bit shaken but not stirred, ran that night and again later in week but didn't feel right so cancelled a race or two and ....await for it..... Haven't run since!
I had really hurt my wrist but did weights classes and press-ups without too much discomfort, then a slight movement would really kill, so on Saturday went to hospital and my wrist is broken. As I was put in a cast, I can't drive and whereas the pain WAS a general dull ache, with the occasional twinge, I'm now in a lot of pain so can't sleep. Wish I hadn't gone to hospital now. I had a bone scan today so they'll decide next week if I need further intervention. Pain in the .....wrist!!!
Going to try a run later and see if I am a former runner.
05/12/2012 at 17:12
FraN OMG u poor sausage!!!! What a load of crocks we are on here at the mo!!!!
I dont know if Seej's Strollers is the right name as most of us cant even manage a stroll just now!!!!
Any ideas for another name for us ???? Seej's sickies??.??
Lol -seriously though lets hope that we are all back to full form and raring to go by the new year!!!!
Stuffedup Ness!!! Xx
05/12/2012 at 17:34

ffRAN POOR YOU  hope the pain goes soon look after your self won't you

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.