Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,441 to 3,460 of 4,299 messages
06/12/2012 at 08:41

Ffran, my recent problems pale into insignificance compared to yours. I really hope the pain manages to ease soon

Ness, colds and other similar issues are commonplace this time of year  Get well soon.

Toby, stick with it. I'm planning a shortish run tonight. Helping the 3 mile group, so plenty of doubling back. 4 miles planned for Saturday. Still no reaction from the knee, so all's good for the time being!

06/12/2012 at 12:25

Sorry, another errant poster here.

Sorry to hear about your wrist Fran, take care, hopefully you can still run, far worst if if it would have been in your legs.

Nessie, get well soon.

Welcome back CB, good luck with the Bath training.

I  ran Benidorm Half last Sunday week in 1.58, bit dissappointed in time but they have adjusted the flat course into flat plus 2 big hills.  Went off at a reasonable pace for me but just slowed as race went on.  It was 20+ degrees which was my other excuse.

I have started a marathon training programme with the plan on running Bramley 20 in Feb, Mrs LBB is running Bramley 10 in addition to doing the xmas cracker this sunday in weston.

Hope everyone else are ok and training is going well for future events.

06/12/2012 at 17:08
Hi there LBB - good to hear from you again. Good time (in my books lol) glad mrs lbb entering things x Hows small LBB'S ? All well i hope? X
I have entered Glos 10k in Feb and im going to do something (mad) for charity next year to mark my 60th booo hooo!!!!

Havent run since last friday - all was just starting to pick up then came down with awful sore throat and now a lousy cold!!!! Shouldnt moan but im not sleeping so that makes things harder in the day!!!! Sorting horses in this cold weather Brrrrrrr
Been at mums all day clearing out her rubbish which she h has been hording in her spare room!!!!! Back in the morn to fill up car with remaining rubbish!!!! How do they acquire so much junk????
Maybe try run tomo????
Ttfn nessie x
Will let you know
07/12/2012 at 16:39

Well finally got out for that 10 mile run i been saying i must do no idea of the time as the Battery in my Garmin went flat just after i started i knew it was low as it had flashed up a warning when i turned it on but was hoping it would last

Doesn’t really matter as i had already decided to keep the pace slow any way and this paid off as i didn’t really struggle too much which was a surprise after yesterdays run well Brighton training kicks off officially next week so the runs will be getting longer

08/12/2012 at 11:15
Well done Toby. 10 Miles is great distance no matter what time x
I managed a run this morn - 1st run for 7 days!!! Only 3 miles but all felt ok and it certainly cleared my pipes out!!!! A fair bit of coughing !!!
Home now showered and fed so feel a bit more human
Cold and sunny this morn. Lovely.
Hope u all ok tttfn nessie x
10/12/2012 at 12:18

Great day yesterday

Nice to see you SEEJAY and HG at the cracker.  Mrs LBB knocked 9 minutes off last years time and 16 mins on Bristol time from May, this is reward for her efforts to shift weight and focus on the positives that come from it - long may it continue.

Glad your back on the road Nessie.

Hi to everyone else.

10/12/2012 at 16:46

Afternoon all

well it was my first official training run for Brighton today my week 1 should have been 5 Tuesday 6 Wednesday 5 Thursday and 10 on Sunday but will do what i have done for the last couple of years and swap the days so the runs are done Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday with the two longest runs done on a Monday and Friday (MWLR done on a Monday and the LSR done on a Friday) were possible

so today was 6 miles for me which took just over an hour and looking back is about the same as last year at this point so looking good for those29 seconds

LLB well done to Mrs LLB 9 minutes what a great result

10/12/2012 at 23:10

I leave you lot for a few days and you all start getting more injuries!!!!!! I am truly ashamed of myself but I do have a good excuse!!!! I have found a few problems with the wiring in our house and I am trying to get it all sorted, unfortunately it wont really start until the New Year but got some urgent jobs to do now and then tidy up for the festivities!!!! Also car failed MOT so need to get it sorted this week along with rewiring the shower which includes digging out the walls to install conduit before we can use it again. What a time for it to happen.

Anyway, Ffran, as Nessie said 'you silly sausage'!!!! So sorry to hear it has given you so much grief but I am glad you did go to hospital, it could have got much worse if you haden't. I hope it settles down quickly for you.

Toby, persistant as ever, well done and as it has been said here before your persistance pays you benefits on race day!!!!

Nessie, hopefully that cold will go away soon, wrap up warm and sweat it out with a couple of hot Brandies!!!!!

LBB, great to see you Sunday, sorry I nearly ignored you, wasnt expecting anyone to know me in the crowd. That is such brilliant news about Mrs LBB, she is doing so well, if it had been a little warmer I would have stayed for a chat but it was getting to my bones!!!!!!

Chris, you are having one real bad year this year, hopefully things will change for you and next year will get you back to pace again.

I have been having mixed fortunes, I have started running with the club again but in the 'walk to run' group so taking it real easy. I did the Cracker in 1hr 7min 50 secs on Sunday in freezing temperatures and very windy conditions so was quite satisfied with my efforts. My knee was no more swollen than usual today so that hopefully means it is settling down. In saying that I still have some problems. I saw David Adler today and he thinks my knee is just saying to take is easy so I will run Tuesday this week and nothing again till next Tuesday. In the meantime I have an exercise to strengthen my knee muscles and I will continue with the roller on my LTB, Hamstrings and Quads. Hopefully by January I can start bringing the mileage up then for London. I promise to keep in touch. Anyway its off running tomorrow night and hopefully will check in to let you know how it went. Keep safe everyone!!!!

11/12/2012 at 10:01
Hi everyone
Lbb please say massive congrats to Mrs LBB - that is some pb x
Seej really hope youll be back to full strength for nrew year.
Keep going Toby
CB hope all is well?
FRAN hows it going?
Kev - u ok?
Well i intended to run this morn but i think i was so worn out from yesterday (and the past few days) clearing out mums place ready for cleaners to come in as shes not managing too well. I also had to dash back to farm for delivery of bedding (which was a couple of hours late) also clipped horsie!!!! I got so cold yesterday and went to bed very early worn out and still sniffling!!!
Sooooo will plan to run Thurs now, hopefully!!!
Off to dentist as filling fell out of back tooth then the tooth next to that fell out aswell!!!!!! Not gonna be cheap!!!!
Next week my traing plan starts for my 10k in Feb.
Ttfn nessie
11/12/2012 at 12:16

Thank you for the positive vibes.

Seejay, sounds promising if David is happy for you to run, take it easy and you will hopefully be flying in the new year.

Nessie / Toby - hope the training goes well for the big races.

I am in training for the Bramley 20 in Feb, no mara(not)fun entered yet.

11/12/2012 at 12:18

Seejay sorry to hear about the knee hope it's OK for your run

Nessie get well soon

13/12/2012 at 22:02

Nessie, where on earth do you find the 36 hours every day to do everything???? I always thought it was only 24 in one day but you keep proving me wrong!!! Be patient, you will start running again when you are ready!!!!!!

LBB, the pain in my knee has shifted which is sort of telling me David was right, my fingers are crossed for better fortunes over Xmas!!!! I hope we can get a couple of training runs in next year!!!

Toby, my fingers are crossed!!!!!

14/12/2012 at 07:56
Ah Seej is that good that the pain has shifted???? Hope so. X
Def not enough hours in the day LOL
Run on thurs didnt happen - too icy
Sooo just off to do horsie and plan to run when ive finished mucking out. It is hammering down now so not sure if run will happen!!!!
Ill keep u posted.
Hope everyone stays safe
Have a good weekend - any races booked???
Ttfn nessie
14/12/2012 at 10:37
Well horsie done AND run done!!!! Only 3 miles but 1st run since saturday - so hopefully onwards and upwards???
Absolutley soaked !!!! Never mind all showered now and had breakfast - wrapping pressies - then to the shops - then judge writing at dressage competitions - then back to shops - then do horsie again - then hopefully home and in for the eve!!!
Nessie x
15/12/2012 at 19:01

Evening all

Busy week in work this week the other supervisor was out on holiday so have been in at 4.30pm all week and not finishing before 4.30am and all culminating in a 13.5 hour shift on Thursday so all though i did 5 miles on Tuesday outside and a 5 mile run on the treadmill Wednesday Fridays 10 mile run never happened

So went out with the wife today for the 10 mile run today weather was cold and got wet at one point when it poured down but all went well until about mile 8.5 when the wife had her first taste of hitting the wall so we walked the last mile now home sat in front of the television with our feet up

16/12/2012 at 09:13
ffRAN sorry to hear about your wrist, what with work and everything you've had a tough time recently.

All good here. Life is very busy but happy. Roll on Xmas for a nice break and a few more runs I hope.
16/12/2012 at 12:13
Hi Kev - glad to hear all is well with you .
Toby Good mileage for u and mrs toby x
Ran again this morn only 3.29 miles but better than nothing?
Next week hope to start training plan for 10k.
Off toget tree today. Checked all our xmas lights last night and they all work!!!
Tree decorating this pm then!!!!
Ttfn nessie
Hope everyone ok x
19/12/2012 at 11:27
Hello where are you all??? Busy christmas shopping ill bet.
Managed a run this morn very wet and cold!!!!
Catch u all later - dashing about again!!
Washing machine flooded kitchen the other day but all sorted now!!! ( more money!!!)
Gas man coming tomo to fit fire lol more money!!
Ttfn nessie x
19/12/2012 at 22:41

Hi Ness - seems like we are all busy busy like you!

Merry Xmas All!

20/12/2012 at 03:29

hi Nessie no were still here running wise week 2 of my Brighton training has seen me do a 7 miles and 2x 5 miles have 12 to do on Friday but if it any thing like the last 2 year they won't get done last night in work tomorrow then not back until the 1st of Jan

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.