Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,461 to 3,480 of 4,249 messages
20/12/2012 at 16:25
Hi guys - glad u still around!!!
Fire fitted this morning - so really cosy now - bring on the winter!!!! Just aminor prob in the fact we have to take flat screen tv off the wall above fire - lol do these jobs never end!!!!
Plan to run in the morn - come wind or high water!!!!!
Ness x
21/12/2012 at 16:48

Afternoon all

Well i actually got the 12 miles done today it will be the first time in 2 years i won’t be going into Christmas a long run behind well i say 12 i slight miss remembrance on how far the route i ran was and it turned out to be just under 13 it clocked up as 12.93 miles and the whole run took 2:08:48 giving me a pace 9:58m/m so the weight loss is paying off already as looking at last year’s run the time is the same but that was barely over the 12 mile mark

21/12/2012 at 17:54
Wow Toby well done on that run
I managed just a short run 3.39 miles but hope its better than nothing?
Christmas shopping today for food and drink etc - nearly there!!!!!
Dog sitting at the moment - our male rottie pup had his op today!!!! What a christmas pressie !!!
Happy christmas to you all xx
Busy day again tomo but plan to run on sunday
Ttfn nessie xxx
22/12/2012 at 08:11
Hello everyone. Just read back so am amazed at all the drama going on domestically, and some great runs, too.
Hope you're all ok and this incessant rain isn't affecting you all too badly.
I've had a miserable few weeks. All of my own making. I'd returned to work immediately after having plaster and really struggled using my computer mouse (I find using my left hand really hard) and hand writing was impossible. (This was what had been the major problem before I went to the hospital, so my written records had been poor for a few weeks). As I'm dealing with a very politically sensitive client group, my work is under scrutiny from very lofty levels. So when it was pointed out that I was "under profile", I got very cross that no consideration had been given to my struggle or loyalty to the job.
Anyway, couple of days later, I had phone all from hospital- I had to return urgently to have a totally restrictive plaster put on- scan had shown injury more extensive. So I thought, b***** work, I'll have to go sick!
But 2 weeks at home have done nothing for my mental well being. It's so frustrating as I'm finding it difficult to do most normal tasks with just my left hand, and as I have OCD when it comes to the house, I've had to rely on OH and son to help, - they have been great. So I'm now an expert on rubbish TV. I don't seem to be able to read, which i normally love. Can't do veg, wrap presents or write cards! I tried running but got pins and needles which indicated circulation restrictions, so I am a big fat blob.
Anyway, enough of me feeling sorry for myself- I'll make up for it all when plaster comes off! Thank you for letting me rant!
This has taken me ages, so probably won't post before Christmas- have a wonderful time all of you, and I look forward to hearing about your festive runs. Xxxx
22/12/2012 at 10:58
Ahhhh F ran big hugs to you xxxx
22/12/2012 at 11:15
Fran ive text u xx
22/12/2012 at 12:45

ffRAN poor you here some festive cheer hope despite everything you have a lovely Christmas and as for unappreciative boss that a universal problem there all a bunch of *********

22/12/2012 at 19:50

Hugs ffRAN. You're strong enough to get through this. Nadolig Llawen  xx

23/12/2012 at 12:10

Hi all. Hope eveyone is ok in this weather. It is bad for sure but the results in terms of travel and people being flooding.are terrible. After 2" of rain the country should not be in mayhem. I blame years of under investment in infrastructure and over development.

25/12/2012 at 14:19
Merry Christmas everyone xxxxx
26/12/2012 at 10:42

Hope everyone has enjoyed the festive season. Happy Boxing Day!!

26/12/2012 at 15:18

Afternoon all

Hope you all had a happy Christmas running wise went out Christmas Eve and did 5 miles with the O/H and decided to get my LSR out of the way today which should have been 14 for me which turned into 16 miles the O/H had 3 to do so we started off together and did the first 2.5 miles and when she headed for home i carried on

got drenched a couple of times when it hammered down but the nice water proof  jacket the O/H bought me for Christmas kept me nice and warm so all i have left week 3 is a 5 and a 8 mile run

26/12/2012 at 16:13
Good miles banked Toby
27/12/2012 at 11:21
Wow Toby good mileage
I managed to dodge the terrible down pours this morn after mucking out horsie and did my usual 3 mile route!!!!
Hope everyone ok and gearing up for the New Year festivities which are just around the corner!!!!
Ttfn ness xxx
28/12/2012 at 08:57
What a rough day. Think I'll run inland today.
28/12/2012 at 13:12

Morning all

No running yesterday as had to take the daughter back to Leicester so 5 hours driving just about wiped me out did manage to get out today should have been 5  as i  was out decided to run into work to find out what i was coming into on Tuesday

i took the long way home as i didn’t fancy running up the last hill the run turn out to be just over                 7 ¼ miles out again tomorrow with the O/H for an 8 mile run as she has a 3 & 5 left of her week 1 training for Brighton she should have done the 3 last night but had a hard day at work and was late home never got around to it so has add the 2 runs together

28/12/2012 at 17:26
3 mile lap of the lake done in the win in the end. Can't beat it.
28/12/2012 at 20:26

Ffran, you are really having a bad time, I do hope this clears up quickly and you are back to running fitness quickly. I know it wont take long as I have seen the dedication from you in the past!!!!

Nessie, again fitting the longest day into the shortest period but at least you are warm and toastie for the winter!!!!

Kev, good to hear you are still plodding along, I am sure it must be very unpleasant at this time of the year in the Valleys!!!

Toby, well done to you and Mrs Toby, getting good ground work done at the right time of year!!!!

I had a horrendous time leading up to Xmas, I had to rewire our shower which also meant digging the old cable out and fitting conduit for the new cable. Then when it was all fitted the shower developed a leak and I now have to buy a new shower and fit it so it is baths instead of showers!!!!! Of course this is on Xmas Eve so didnt get to bed till 2 O'clock in the morning!!!!!! Ddint do any running after Tuesday before Xmas until yesterday and just did a 3 mile run/walk with HG. Felt ok but I still have a little twinge in a different part of my knee so will try to see Osteopath soon in the New Year. I will run/walk again this Sunday with HG only a little longer and it will be more run than walk. Fingers crossed it all settles quickly so I can get more mileage in over the next few weeks. London is the end of April so need the training started quickly!!!! I will try to keep in touch more in the new year but will definately let you know how it goes on Sunday.

29/12/2012 at 13:39
Seej hope all goes well with ostepath!!!
Managed 3.29 miles this morn and it poured down!!!!! Soaked through - good fun - lol
Ttfn ness x
29/12/2012 at 13:43
Ps going to start yoga classes in the New Year to see if that will help with the running - really trying to gear myself up to enter something for next year - just lacking confidence and commitment at the mo !!!
Ness x
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.