Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,481 to 3,500 of 4,282 messages
29/12/2012 at 15:11

Afternoon all

well 8 very wet and soggy miles done today O/H didn't enjoy it much as she had never been out when it was raining quite so heavily and despite dressing warmly got were wet and cold but all credit to her she stuck it out and we completed the run in just over 2 hours which looking back was 22 minutes faster than the last time we did a run of that length together

29/12/2012 at 17:16
Toby and mrs toby a massive well done on sticking it out in this awful weather!!!! I thought it was bad enough doing 3 miles!!!
The way i look at it is i get so wet with sweat that i think it doesnt matter if i get wet with the rain!!!! Lol
Well done again - x
Nesss x
30/12/2012 at 11:59
Big improvement Toby.
30/12/2012 at 13:15
Did short run this morn again but i did do fartlek session so feel as though i really worked!!!
Nessie x
30/12/2012 at 14:03

Toby, great to hear Mrs Toby is really getting into it, well done to both for staying out there!!!!

Nessie, you are doing well considering you dont really get out on a regular basis and your lifestyle!!!!! I hope we see you at more races next year.

I did my run this morning and got a tad damp!!!!!! It was fine until the Watershed and then it started raining. By the time I got to the Pumphouse it was raining hard so cut my run shorter than planned and finished the last 10th of a mile at 7:20/ml pace!!!! I dont think my knee is sorted really but will see how the next few runs go!!!!!

30/12/2012 at 14:05

Sorry Nessie and Kev, I didnt see your posts till after I had posted mine. Well done Nessie, Fartlek's are really good training.

30/12/2012 at 17:11
Ta Seej. Ive entered a 10k in feb - just trying to get confidence back and i will enter something for my 60th!!!!!
Just cant believe i trained for a marathon last year and this year ive done nothing!!!!.nessie x
30/12/2012 at 17:13

It happens like that sometimes, you put so much effort in to that one thing and then you just loose vision for a while. Dont worry, once you have done that 10K the entries will start to roll in!!!!!

31/12/2012 at 14:31

Afternoon - hope eveyone is well. Having a small party tonight so just getting everything ready!

Happy New Year to everyone!

31/12/2012 at 17:27

Afternoon all

Well went to my first weigh in after Christmas at weight watcher must say got on the scales with some trepidation as in past years the weight has piled on but had a nice shock as i had lost another 3lbs which makes a grand total of 2st 1lb since i joined

Followed that by going out for a run got a bit carried away and ended up doing 20 miles took me 3:22:09 which is 10:01 m/m so not to bad for a first run of that distance and i managed to run all of it which was pleasing as in previous years i hit the wall at 17 miles and had to walk and last year i used a run walk to do the first one

31/12/2012 at 18:09

Wow Toby what a fantastic run to end the year on - well done!!!!!!!

Happy New Year toYou ALL -  have a fantastic evening andI  hope there's not too many sore heads tomorrow!!!!

Off to a restaurant with some friends tonight, 11 of us going so should be very jolly!!!!

I do actually plan to run tomo but I'm feeling the tops of my thighs after my short fartlek session yesterday- sooooooo I'll see how I feel in the morn!!!!!

All the New Year resolutions start tomo so good luck everyone x

TTFN Nessie x

31/12/2012 at 18:34

Great run Toby. Enjoy tonight Ness!

01/01/2013 at 00:41

Happy New Year

01/01/2013 at 08:47
Happy New Year everyone. Wrote my plan yesterday for Bristol 10k training, have a couple of 5k and 10k races before that so training starts in earnest today. Today's plan is about 4 miles around Harbourside, probably about 5.30pm as I might have recovered by then.
01/01/2013 at 10:18
Happy New Year all!
02/01/2013 at 03:17

morning all

well i have an two 5's and an 8 left of week 4 but may well add the two 5's together and do an 10 and an 8 as i need to get the bulk of the mileage out of the way as it usually goes mad work wise the second and third day back

02/01/2013 at 09:02

First of all Happy New Year to you all........I know it's been quite a while since I last posted and I think I promised to keep in touch, sadly however my Dad passed away on 8 December and it was down to me to sort all the arrangements out. Dad's funeral took place on 21 December and Christmas was not the usual affair. Trying to keep Mum's spirits up has been difficult, but we're getting there day by day.

On the running front, I've managed two short runs between Christmas and New Year. I really have to get out now as Bath Half is looming. I haven't had time to read your posts, sorry, but I hope you're all good and that you enjoyed the festive period.

02/01/2013 at 10:32

CB -1964 sorry to hear the sad news my dad passed some years ago so know how you feel it was the same for us that first Christmas after he went and although Christmas is never quite the same things do get better over time

02/01/2013 at 15:05

Afternoon all

well first run of 2013 done i did the 10 miles so that’s 5 for today and the 5 i should have done tomorrow which means i can have a rest day now before i do the 8 on Friday hopefully next week i will be able to get back into a more normal routine and spread the runs out more evenly over the week

02/01/2013 at 18:04
CB dont know what to say except so very sorry for you and your family. So hard and christmas time especially. X
Ness
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.