Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,501 to 3,520 of 4,282 messages
02/01/2013 at 19:31
Happy New Year to you all!
Nessie, you always worry about your lack of training yet you do loads- you must be the fittest, most glamourous gran going!!!
Brilliant runs, Toby! You are destined to have a fantastic 2013.
Seejay, I hope your knee recovers 100% so you can start your programme- there's some great 12 week plans, so don't worry..
Kev, glad you're getting out there - the Coastal path can be the bleakest place in the world.
HG- hope you got your year's training off to a great start- well done!
CB - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. Very sad time for you all. Your Mum must have taken great comfort from having you so close.

Well, I am so ashamed about my self-pitying grumble. I really do think I became a bit depressed whilst at home. Sorry everone. Plaster came off Monday but I now have a few problems with arthritis so with a bit of physio, my wrist may ease up.
I haven't run yet - no reason now other than I seem to have lost my impetus. I've joined the Jantastic Challenge on Marathon Talk (see podcast/website and FB)so get back to normal very soon.
Love to all x
02/01/2013 at 20:20
Ah Fran dont apologise - you have had more than enough to contend with!!! I do hope you find your mojo soon and then ill get my finger out and enter something in your neck of the woods and run with you - or rather try to keep up with you!!!! Lol
Whats the jantastic challenge????
I ran this morn - only my 3.29 mile route but all felt ok. New years day run didnt happen due to sheer tiredness and hangover!!!! BUT ionly drank 2 n half glasses of wine and half a glass of bubbly on new years eve and the next day i felt dreadful - must be an age thing???
Ttfn ness x
02/01/2013 at 21:31
http://www.marathontalk.com/index.php
Have a listen to the podcast, Nessie - very inspirational!
02/01/2013 at 21:33

Chris, must have been such a bad Christmas for you, unfortunately it will be like that for a few years. A very good Swiss friend of mine lost her father just before Christmas and they havent really been able to 'celebrate' christmas for a while. Then again it was not that many years ago. As Ffran said your mother must have taken great comfort from you being so close!!!! Dont push yourself for Bath, it could out you off it, go with the attitude that if it happens then great but if not then it doesnt matter. You will probably find the training will go much easioer without the pressure. Best of luck and all my sympathies!!!!

Nessie, you just hang in there, you will get your races soon enough!!!!

Toby, great running!!!!! I had lost 2st just before Christmas which was my target but now put 4 back on so diet starts again next week!!!

Ffran, you arent having a very good finish/start to your year, hopefully Toby's mileage will inspire you again!!!

I did Hangover 10K Tuesday. the weather was beautiful but cold and breezy. Thoroughly enjoyed it but knee is a little achey today, I am still convinced it is muscular and not a joint one!!!! Keeping in touch with my Osteopath and hopefully we will get it sorted soon. I will go for a club run Thursday night and will see how it feels then!!

Happy New Year to you all, lets hope this year has a few less injuries!!!!

03/01/2013 at 08:26

First of all, thank you for your kind messages.

Toby, good running! Hopefully I can also get there soon.

Ffran, as the others have said, no need to apologise. You'll get there.

Ness, well done on your first run of 2013!

SeeJay, well done on your first race of the year. Hopefully, you can get your knee sorted soon. I'm not going to push myself for Bath, I'm just going to train steady. I'm not aiming for a time, just to get round. My motivation is that I'm running it for two charities in memory of my dad and my father-in-law who passed away just before Christmas in 2011. I wholeheartedly agree with you, here's to a better year with hopefully less injuries for all of us!

04/01/2013 at 08:14

First run of 2013 felt good. A short and steady 2¾ miles and no niggles  Looking to run 4+ tomorrow. Have a good weekend everyone.

04/01/2013 at 15:43

Afternoon all

well week 4 completed with an 8 mile run taking 1:16:23 giving me 9:16 m/m so dead chuffed

04/01/2013 at 17:15
Well done guys
I did hill reps this morn though only ran for 35 mins. Must get my mileage up - always seem to be pushed for time and chasing my tail!!!!
Read on FB someone was bored at being at home - OMG how i wish i had time to be bored!!!! Not enough hours in the day as far as I'm concerened - lol
Ttfn nessie x
04/01/2013 at 23:04

Chris, sounds like a great start for you, fingers crossed it keeps going that way. You have had two bad Christmasses then, it must be so motivating thinking of them when you are running, specially with your Dad so fresh in your mind. I did the same for my dad, just a shame people are so tight fisted, well my friends anyway, short arms and deep pockets!!!!!

Toby, well done mate, you seem to be going through a good time at the moment, hopefully it will last a while!!!!

Nessie, I know what you mean, not enough time to live your life never mind get bored!!!!!! Hill reps are great training and even 35 mins will be really beneficial.

I did a walk/run thursday, about 4.5 miles in about an hour, nice and easy. Running is not so bad but knee still plays up but not where it was so I am hoping it is just muscles getting worked again and complaining!!!! Will keep rolling them every morning to see if it helps get them back in shape. Am thinking of doing a 7 miler down the Portway on Sunday but real slow, about 10.30 or 11 min/ml but I will let you know how it goes if I do!!! Good running everyone!!

06/01/2013 at 08:43

I agree with SeeJay, good running Toby and Nessie, I've found hill reps really good too. There's no such thing as a bad run. All runs are beneficial providing you don't suffer injury.

SeeJay, best of luck with your run today. I ran 4.36 miles yesterday at just under 9 min pace. I didn't push it, it just felt comfortable. Just a short run with my wife planned today, just to get her back into it. I do know what you mean about some friends not contributing, but it is early days. I sent an email to work coleagues on Friday and had about a 10% response. I'll keep badgering though!

Good luck to anyone running today!

06/01/2013 at 11:34

Hey Guys let me know what charity and how I can sponsor you both?????

When I run for a charity I have no qualms in badgering people for a little help, even if everyone you asked only gave £1, it would all add up - I even asked people I didnt know and surprisingly enough they where happy to contribute!!!!!!!!

Ran for 46 mins this morn approx 4 miles - quite undulating!!!!! Not long till Glos 10k - silly me has the colly wobbles just thinking about it

Hope everyone ok TTFN Nessie x

06/01/2013 at 16:10
Well done, Ness! Good runs are not necessarily long runs. Short, sharp sessions will build your stamina.
Toby - your running seems to be going fantastically well. Building to the next race will be no trouble for you.
CB and Seejay, glad your runs are going well too. Sounds like your niggles are under control.
I ran yesterday! Chose the flattest route possible and did 4 miles, purposely at 10 minute miling, until the last one, taking 38:04 in all. Boy, am I unfit! I puffed and panted, red faced, back to the car but I'll get back into it. Now rousing myself to get out for a run with my whippet, for half hour before it gets dark.
06/01/2013 at 16:13

ffRan glad to hear your running again

06/01/2013 at 19:36
Good for u Fran x
I would be exstatic at that time but it eludes me im afraid !!!
Ness x
06/01/2013 at 20:33
Nessie. Thanks but it WAS pancake flat!
Another run - whippets enjoyed the bit of time off the lead but are generally disgusted with the pace otherwise!
06/01/2013 at 23:17

Chris, well done mate, good to hear you are settling in. Only thing I will say, if you dont mind, I did exactly the same, ran comfortably and it came back at me. Now I am running way slower than I know I can but simply to allow my body to adapt again and it does seem to be paying off so far. It maybe that running comfortably was actually too fast for my injury and I needed to go back to basics and start again at walk/run and slowly build distance before getting some pace back. I do hope I am wrong with your recovery. As we have all said we are all different so our recoverys will be different, if you feel any slight niggles coming back try slowing down at the same distance for a couple of runs and see if it helps.

Nessie, as Chris says, no run is a bad run as long as you recover the next day. There is nothing wrong with your pace or your training and dont worry if you dont get 10K done before the race, you will finish!!!

Ffran, I would say the same to you as Chris, try a week or two of slow runs to get your body back into running again, then get the distance up before pace. You know you can run quickly just like Chris so get your distance and stamina sorted and the pace will follow. Great to hear you are back out again!!!

I decided to do 7 today, flat run down the Portway and slow, I usually find it difficult to kep slow when I run on my own but I managed it for the first few miles. I did the 7 in 1hr 8 min and it actually worked out negative splits, 10's for the first 4 then 9;30 for the rest apart from the last 1/4 ml which was 8:12 pace. I must now wait until tomorrow to see how my knee reacts!!!! I will keep you informed.

07/01/2013 at 04:20

Morning all

well the start of week 5 has me doing 4, 8, 5 and what should have been my first 20 miler but will play it by ear this week as i suspect I'm coming down with a sore throat and a cold so will have to see how I'm feeling by the end of the week next week however will be a step back week as regards to long run with a 13 plan for Friday week

07/01/2013 at 18:20
Good run Seej
Toby take it easy if youre poorly

Yoga was good this morning - monday is always a rest day for me so hope yoga will help me stretch etcetc

This pm not so good - my friend had to have her horse put down and asked me to be with horse as she was too upset to cope - what a shock it was soooooooo instant - i have never seen this before - i only hope i go as quick !!!!

Run for me in the morn.
Ttfn nessie x
07/01/2013 at 20:29

Toby, always best to back off when something is brewing, you can always catch up but not if it hits harder because of your exercise!! I hope your fears are unfounded!!

Nessie, its never good to watch any animal die, specially such big ones as horses, I suspect it humbles you seeing such a beast slip away so easily!!!! Good luck with the morning run, think good thoughts before it, dont let the horse episode play on you!!!

Knee is not too bad today, still aching a little but no more than usual even when i am not running!!!! Planning to join HG's walk/run group at the club tomorrow night!!!

08/01/2013 at 05:01

morning all

well got out and did 8 miles yesterday took me 1:17:28 so again pleased with that as i wasn't feeling one hundred % having said that not feeling a lot better to day so my just do a couple of recovery runs on the treadmill and then see how i feel Friday before attempting the 20

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.