Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,521 to 3,540 of 4,300 messages
08/01/2013 at 13:39
Toby - you take care and dont push yourself if youre not 100%
Ran for 34 mins this morn - all fine no ill effects from 90 mins of yoga yesterday!!!!
Ttfn nessie x
09/01/2013 at 08:28

Looks like most of us are getting back into this running malarkey after bouts of injury, illness or other distracting matters. Good to see!

Sunday saw me running with my wife, a gentle 1.6 miles at 10:57 pace. It was her first run of the year and a nice recovery run for me after Saturday. 4.2 miles for me last night at 9:25 pace. Hoping to run 4½ - 4¾ miles on Thursday and then 5¾ miles on Saturday. In preparation for Bath Half, I'm hoping to run Lliswerry 8 on 27 Jan....Anyone else running this?

Hope you're all running well and keeping (relatively) injury free!

09/01/2013 at 12:31
Glad your training well CB.

My two New Year resolutions were to to not drink alcohol in Jan and to run every other day - so far, so good
09/01/2013 at 13:14

Afternoon all

just a gentle 5 miles on the treadmill yesterday did a run walk as the dreaded lurgy shows no sign of going will do the same with the 4  have to say did drag the treadmill into the living room from the garage so i was nice and warm

09/01/2013 at 21:22
Hope you are better soon Toby.
10/01/2013 at 05:25

morning all

well only managed 45 minutes on the treadmill yesterday rest day today and then will have to see how i feel Friday before i deiced what to do about the 20 could always do the 13 this week and the 20 next i surpose

10/01/2013 at 08:52

Planned run of 4½ miles tonight could easily turn into 5+ as I'll be doubling back as well. Bit of a twinge in my left knee when I walk downstairs at the moment, seems to be a recurring issue that single leg squats normally sorts out.

Have a good day everyone!

10/01/2013 at 13:38

Random thought of the day

i have to say i am glad i discovered the delights that are running tights i used to go out in a thick-is pair of jogging bottoms which was alright until it rain then they got very heavy but running tights keep your legs so nice and warm and do seem to be remarkable water proof considering how thin they are they’ve been a revelation

my collation has gone from 1 lonely pair with a yellow stripes on them to 2 pairs with yellow stripes and 2 with blue stripes to now i had a yellow jacket but no blue and Poohbear always seem to be able to colure coordinate herself if she was wearing her red pair she wore her red jacket if she wore her yellow pair she wore her yellow jacket

So being the sad person i am i dropped a load of hints before Christmas that i needed a Blue running jacket to go with my blue pairs well i say dropped it was more like beat her over the head with a bit of 4 by 2 bit of wood kind of hinting which paid off as Poohbear must have got fed up with me going on about it and bought me a lovely blue jacket

10/01/2013 at 13:40

Random thought of the day

i have to say i am glad i discovered the delights that are running tights i used to go out in a thick-is pair of jogging bottoms which was alright until it rain then they got very heavy but running tights keep your legs so nice and warm and do seem to be remarkable water proof considering how thin they are they’ve been a revelation

my collation has gone from 1 lonely pair with a yellow stripes on them to 2 pairs with yellow stripes and 2 with blue stripes to now i had a yellow jacket but no blue and O/H always seem to be able to colure coordinate herself if she was wearing her red pair she wore her red jacket if she wore her yellow pair she wore her yellow jacket

So being the sad person i am i dropped a load of hints before Christmas that i needed a Blue running jacket to go with my blue pairs well i say dropped it was more like beat her over the head with a bit of 4 by 2 bit of wood kind of hinting which paid off as O/H must have got fed up with me going on about it and bought me a lovely blue jacket

10/01/2013 at 17:22
Ha ha Toby - fully co ordinated runner now!!!!
Cb hope your knee ok?
Kev good resolutions - well done
I managed a 35 min run consisting of - 1 mile run -0.5mile ish? Fartlek -then 1 mile run back to start - hope thats enough??.?
Nessie x
10/01/2013 at 21:38

Stayed over night in Warwickshire last night and was was a really good boy and was early to bed and sober! What a difference not drinking made. Usually when staying away with work colleagues we hog the bar 'til midnight! Then get through the next day and travel home in the evening. By the time I get home about 7pm I'm usually good for nothing. Tonight however, I got my planned run in at 8pm! Just had tea (pasta, tomato sauce, rocket and chorizo) and am feeling great

10/01/2013 at 22:14

Chris, would love to do Lliswerry, I have only done it twice and want to get another pb there. Was going to do it but got Longleat the weekend after and I dont think my knee would be up to it, however I will make my decision closer to the day and may just enter on the day!! I hope your knee pain is just a little settling in pain!!

Toby, great training considering you are not well, as Nessie says though be careful, you can loose masses of energy running in your state!!

Well done Nessie, just keep that sort of running up and you will do well at your next race.

Kev, I dont make resolutions any more, I dint drink much anyway, I dont smoke and I have now lost all the weight I wanted to loose!!!! Congratulations on sticking with it so far, most people have fallen by now.

Well I followed HG around Bristol Harbourside on Tuesday night and felt ok until last night when I got some pains in my knee during the night. I ran again tonight and got absolutly soaked, 4.7 miles in 56 minutes and now my knee is aching a little. I can feel a visit to my osteopath coming on!!!!!

11/01/2013 at 07:30
Cheers Seejay. Hope knee is ok.

Friday at last.
11/01/2013 at 09:17

Nessie, good running! I ran again last night and my knee seems fine. It's something that comes and goes. Basically it's patella tendonopathy, which I did many years ago at karate. Single leg squats seem to do the trick and strengthen the muscles supporting the knee to keep it in place.

Kev, good for you. I wish I had your resolve. I do try and exercise and eat very healthy. I don't smoke, but my only vice is the odd drink or two, and even that I am trying to watch.

SeeJay, Lliswerry seems the perfect race/training run considering where I am right now. I won't be breaking any records, but in saying that I've never run an 8 mile race before, so whatever I do, it will be a PB! As I've said before, I'm going to run Bath just to get round. I'm not aiming for a time and that's how I'm treating my training. At the moment I'm running anything between 9:00 and 9:30 min/miles. If you feel like joining me on the day, just let me know! Hope the knee improves soon mate.

Last night I managed 5.01 miles in 47:21 (ave 9:27). I concur with SeeJay, t'was a tad damp out there. 5½-6 mile run planned for tomorrow, then a short recovery run with my better half on Sunday.

Have a good weekend everyone, whatever you get up to!

11/01/2013 at 13:26

Afternoon all

have deiced to rest to day and do the run tomorrow the fact i only just got up has also played part in that decision as it would take me 3 hrs + to complete the run feeling fit and and well so probably more like 4 today and so by the time i got out the  door and got back it would be to late as we have to go out tonight

12/01/2013 at 11:30
30 min plod done around dock. Feeling good.
12/01/2013 at 14:30
Hello.
Toby, please take care as most of my work colleagues have succumbed to a dreadful virus - sore throat, temperature and incessant cough. Don't run if you're poorly!
Kev, well done - you will be on target for your Half in Llanelli!
CB - look after your knee and pass on my encouragement to your partner. I like the sound of Lliswerry - will look into it, even though I'm not on top form.
Good running Seejay. I'm ashamed to say the demon drink is my big weakness. I go teetotal when training but its an effort. Hic!
Nessie, that sounds like a great session. Variety is a key to keeping your training fresh. Sorry about friend's horse - so very traumatic. As usual, you are always there for your friends.
Busy, busy week in work, running as planned and increasing mileage slowly, and, miracle of miracles, sleeping well for a change.
Cardiff Parkrun in the morning.
12/01/2013 at 14:38
No - not confused! That was my post that failed to register yesterday evening..
Parkrun done and very enjoyable too. I was determined not to gun it- I would have failed miserably and morale would have been rock bottom. So I ran naked....ie no watch or iPhone and took my darling dog (baby whippet). He was good as gold, given the crowds. We started at the very back and as we worked our way through, he decided to poo!!! The stop to clear up meant ALL the runners passed me by and we had to catch up again. Then, as we were passing a Marshall who told me we were 1st dog, he saw a squirrel, and I thought I'd end up 1st female! Ended up a good 4 minutes slower than usual, but what an enjoyable run. Even the rain stopped for the duration. We all have tea and coffee ( and bacon rolls/tea cakes etc) in the huge Tesco next to the fabulous park afterwards. Even though I've only been a relatively few times, I've made some lovely friends. They persuaded me to come along to the XCountry tomorrow so that will be my 5th planned run of the week. Fran is back!
12/01/2013 at 15:03

Afternoon all

13 done today decided as i still wasn't feeling 100% that a drop back week was the most sensible thing to do and as O/H had 10 to do ran with her for 10 miles and after leaving her at home went of and did the other 3

ffRAN it's lovely to read your back in full flow hope all your planned races go well

12/01/2013 at 15:36
Welcome back ffRAN. The Cross Hands Park Run will be a bit closer for you especially from Pembrey
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.