Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,541 to 3,560 of 4,282 messages
12/01/2013 at 21:02

Hi everyone, well i got a surprise text from my Osteopath on Thursday, she suggested that I might want to see another osteopath to get another view on my problem. I suggested another guy in her practice who is great at diagnosis and she agreed. I will see him on Monday, not holding out a lot of hope but just maybe he can find something she has overlooked that will sort my problem. Fingers are crossed anyway.

Kev, good to hear you are out and about again even in this rubbish weather!!!

Chris, I have done Lliswerry a couple of times and thoroughly enjoyed it, good flat race and very friendly, pity they dont seem to get much support from the council with regards a headquarters!!!! Anyway, I will let you know soon if I will run it but will probably be entry on the day and will be with a few other Southville runners!!! Fingers crossed your present form keeps up, you deserve a good year!!!!

Ffran, I have done the same sometimes, spent ages writing a post only for the computer to loose every word so I just log off and walk away in a huff!!! I dont find teetotal a problem as I need my licence and cant afford to loose it so if I am drinking I am not driving. Also I dont run well with a hangover anyway. Sounds like you are bouncing and it wont take long to be back on form!!! Well done!!!

Toby, you are doing really well considering you are not well, lets hope it doesnt catch up with you later. Well done to Mrs Toby.

Plan for tomorrow morning is 8 miles at between 11 and 10:30 pace so will see how that goes and let you know. Good luck to everyone running tomorrow.

13/01/2013 at 12:48

8.43 miles in 1hr 23 mins, met a friend from the club just after I started running and she ran with me, pushed me faster than I intended but thoroughly enjoyed the run. Hopefully not too much pain tomorrow but if so at least Osteopath can see where the problem is!!!!

13/01/2013 at 17:48
Seej hope you get yourself sorted properly !!!! Dont get carried away being pushed on by someone else !!!! You should run with me - I'd keep you slow!!!! LOL
Ran this morn for 74 mins but that was a 6.29 mile very undulating course. Not a brill time but when i last did it i took over 77 mns!!!!
Started diet last week as i would like to lose between half a stone to a stone. Been pretty good but my downfall is a tipple early eve as i cook dinner!!!
Weigh in tomo morn before yoga.
FRan welcome back - u go girl go!!!!
Hi CB - Toby -kev all doing well x
Ttfn nessie x
13/01/2013 at 20:47
Good going Ness! Glad all was ok Seejay.
13/01/2013 at 22:21

Nessie, it was good to have someone push me a little, hopefully it has done me good!!!! Well done on your run, sounds like a challenging route and I know how much you hate hills!!!!! Good luck with your diet, I ned to get back into mine, just got those 4 pounds I put on over Xmas to loose!!!!

Thanks Kev, glad you got your car sorted!!!!!

14/01/2013 at 06:34
Cheers Seejay!

Morning all! Here we go again. Heading towards the snow in Bristol and Cardiff!
14/01/2013 at 08:41

SeeJay, good running mate, but I agree with Nessie, don't push the pace.....That's what you keep telling the rest of us  Hope you get your knee sorted.

Nessie, good running too, well done

On the running front, I managed two runs over the weekend 6.01 miles on Saturday in 55:20. It was very wet and windy, plus I had to make an enforced detour due to a road which was flooded and impassable. Had to run a trail covered in mud, so my pristine new running shoes are no longer pristine! Yesterday, I ran with my wife and two friends, this was a steady recovery run for me, 3.07 miles in 33:37. Knee played up a little yesterday, but I'm working on it  ........Bonus, I lost 3lbs last week as well. Hoping to lose another 10lbs before Bath. Planned run of about 4 miles tomorrow.

Hope you're all good!

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 08:42
14/01/2013 at 12:30
Cb shame about knee and shoes!!!! But good about weight loss!!!!
Im not a loser - im a putter oner!!!! Really fed up i lost weight from fri - monday but then from that monday to this monday ive put it back on!!!!! Guess the tipple in the eve when im cooking will have to go ??.??
Fatti ness x
14/01/2013 at 14:07

Afternoon all

went to weight watchers this morning and glad to report back on track lost another 3lb putting me at 11st 04lbs a total of 2st 3lbs since i joined have been set a goal weight of 10st 13bls by the lady running it so just another 5bls to go

When i got home went out for an 8 mile run the time on the Garmin was 1:17:29 but that with having to stop and mess about with my iPod when you look at the moving time it shows 1:14:44 which is 2 minutes faster than last week so really pleased

Edited: 14/01/2013 at 14:17
15/01/2013 at 06:51
Not long to go then Toby. Well done.
15/01/2013 at 14:23
Ha ha got on scales again this morn and lost only 3/4lb since yesterday but at least im going in the right direction!!!!
No tipple last night - ive decided to cut out drink unless its special occaision.
I didnt do yoga yesterday as i felt so tired and really didnt feel up to it. Had a very early night last night as i was so tired.
Ran this morn my usual 3 mile route but did it in 32 mins so feel better for that.
Just off to walk doggy before igo to farm to do horsie.
Take care everyone
Ttfn nessie x
15/01/2013 at 14:24
Ps well done Toby
Ness
15/01/2013 at 16:35
Seejay- let us know what alternative osteopath said!
CB - getting down and dirty- there's no alternative with all this rain, is there? A lot of my usual routes are water-sodden at the moment so my trainers are particularly grimy. My trail shoes, however, are pristine...Not had a chance to use them yet. Is your wife running Bath, too?
Nessie. My issue exactly! It seems rude not to pour a good glass of wine to go with a nicely cooked meal, doesn't it? And I'm like you..any excuse to open a bottle of champagne! But I've committed to those 5 runs a week so am trying to keep to 5 "dry" days too. I personally dont believe you have that weight to lose. And 6.29 miles in that time, 3 in 32 mins is exceedingly good - a big improvement in your pace, my girl. You are definitely going in the right direction. When's your granddaughter's first birthday BTW?
Kev- have you set a goal regarding your runs per week? I know you work a long day, but getting some sort of routine will help.
Toby. Well all your goals are seemingly well within reach. Well done!
Returned to track session last night. I had began to get a bit of an issue with returning but it wasn't as bad as I'd dreaded. It was really cold and sleety though and whilst I was working hard, I kept warm, but didn't thaw properly until bed time.
15/01/2013 at 17:08
Hi ffRAN, trying to run 2 days on and 1 day off from this week. That will mean 5 runs a week.
15/01/2013 at 18:41
That's great news Kev - well done!
15/01/2013 at 21:28
Cheers ffRAN.
16/01/2013 at 04:18

Morning all

just 5 for me yesterday made i nice change not to be running in the rain the sun was out but still very nippy in the shade may do a recovery run on the treadmill today as i have the 20 i didn't last week on Friday

16/01/2013 at 06:43
Morning all! 14 hour day planned today so looks like it will be a 10pm run tonight!
16/01/2013 at 08:23

Morning everyone, good running all of you

Ffran, no, my wife is happy just to be out 3 times a week running approximately 3-4 miles each time. She has suffered with her hip recently and doesn't want to aggravate that with too much running.

I managed 4.18 miles last night. Slight change of route, as we had some new runners joining us last night, so a shorter route, but plenty of doubling-back made up the distance. Planned runs of 5 miles tomorrow and 7 miles on Saturday, snow permitting!

Have a good day all of you, whatever you get up to!

16/01/2013 at 23:11

OMG, you guys have been busy posting!!! The Osteopath told me that I dont have one major thing wrong but lots of little things. When I stretch I have to remember that muscles go around my calf and hamstring and so on, they dont just pull straight. So when I stretch I need to carefully turn my foot to stretch other parts of the group, the same with all the muscle groups. I think it is making a difference. With regards my pace, the average wasnt that much quicker than usual it was just we ran all the way and I have had no ill effects from it so all is good. I am actually finding that when I run faster it is more comfortable than trying to run at the much slower pace. Anyway I have sent my entry off for Lliswerry and I am also in for Longleat and will see how my knee copes with them!! Chris, hopefully we will meet at Lliswerry then????

Chris, well done on the weight loss, its always good to loose a few after Xmas!!!! Good running, I hope your knee isnt going to start playing up again after all the hard work you have done!!

Nessie, dont worry about putting it on again, it can sometimes happen. The drink will definately put the weight on unless you are counting it if you are doing weightwatchers. Be positive, it will take a little time to get into it.

Toby, well done with the diet and the running, how long now until your race??

Kev, sounds like a busy running schedule for you, good luck.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.