Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,561 to 3,580 of 4,284 messages
17/01/2013 at 05:07

Seejay i have the Longleat 10k next month followed by the Llanelli H/M in march Brighton is now only 87 days away I'm on week 6 of my training plan so that leaves another 12 weeks to go

17/01/2013 at 06:15
Great news, Seejay!
Did. 4.5 run last night. First 3.5 averaged 8:47, then the last mile, up the very steep hill home, was12:15mins! I think I'll try to improve that hill time. I'm not seeming to be building my endurance, though, as my longest run since returning has been only 5.5. It's just been so wet and dark when I've been out, or I have had to get back for an appointment. Will now try to get back to gym, also, to start improving strength too!
17/01/2013 at 08:42

SeeJay, really hope things improve for you now that you've had a second opinion. Looking forward to Lliswerry now although the forthcoming weather could put pay to any training this weekend and into next week  Knne is good, I still have the odd twinge but I am keeping under control with one-legged squats.

Ffran, good times......I'm averaging about 9:15-9:30 at the moment, but I know that will improve with the miles.

Hoping to run 5+ miles tonight, could be the last run for a little while. Stay safe everyone!

17/01/2013 at 11:29
Seej good news - hope all the stretching works x
Fran my problem aswell trying to fit longer runs in - my longest for ages has only been just over 6 miles!!!!
I ran o tues and was meant to run this morn but its still icy and i just didnt fancy the grey cold morn. At least on tues although it was cold it was nice and frosty and sunny.
I went to the pool instead, they had a workout class in the deepend only 30 mins but i really 'went' for it and enjoyed it. They have this class on a monday morn so that would be perfect for me to stretch out after my longer run on a Sunday plus its ??6 CHEAPER than the yoga class i tried last monday!!!!
God i do ramble on donti????
Sorry
Ttfn nessx
18/01/2013 at 11:15
Rambles are interesting !... I know what you mean... Cold and sunny is lovely weather to run in.
I ran last night and although freezing it was dry and I knew I'd not get one done today. Sure enough, 6 inches of snow this am but gale force winds. Worse east of us though, OH was nights at Police HQ and although relieved late at 7:19, didn't get home until 10:45. M4 shut and arterial roads virtually impassable. Trouble is my son works in same place and has just been picked up by 4x4 to get in but when he'll get home is anyone's guess! My non working day so I've just done my good deeds for elderly neighbours and had romp with dogs - they love the snow!
18/01/2013 at 16:58
Hope everyone is safe in this weather?
No run this morn!!!
Journey to horsie was awful it just took forever. The journey home was worse - i had to abandon car couldnt get up hill!!!!
Just back from taking Roobs for snow walk - we were out for a good 45/50 mins over the fields- she loved it she just ran and ran for the sheer fun of it. All curled up now on couch.
Friend is doing horsie tonight as i cant get car off hill yet - waiting for hubby to rescue it!!!
18/01/2013 at 17:18
Evening all! Luckily I was working from home today.

Stay safe everyone.
18/01/2013 at 19:21

Evening all

well the snow wasn't pitching when i walked home from work this morning so was hoping to get out for my run

boy was i wrong Bristol ground to a halt but wasn't as brave as some who ventured out with my running today  did the 20 miles on the treadmill but because ours is only a basic one and the distance display only goes up 9.99k broke it down into 4x 5 mile sections with a short brake in between to cool down had have a change of shirt

Edited: 18/01/2013 at 19:22
19/01/2013 at 15:49

Managed a nice run on the beach today - it was fab 

19/01/2013 at 23:27
Turned ankle slightly on beach today - hopefully ok to run tomorrow.

Entered Llanelli 10k today!
20/01/2013 at 07:52
Morning, ankle seems ok today so will be off out in a bit.
20/01/2013 at 11:15
Kev u take care we dont want u laid up!!!!
No ru nning here - icy!!!!
Traded jag in for 4x4 so feel much safer driving up and down to horsie!!!!.
Everyone stsy safe
Ness x
20/01/2013 at 11:18
Back from run Ness and everything fine! Good news about the 4x4.
20/01/2013 at 16:06
Great choice of vehicle, Nessie. You should spin to and from Horsie with no problem!
Well done Kev and Toby for runs- furthest I've done on treadie is 10 miles so very much in awe of you going so far.
Did my 5 runs for the week. Yesterday I just ran from the house on side roads that had been gritted as the pavements were impacted ice. I just ran up and down some extreme hills until I clocked over 3 miles. Ironically, I slipped about 12 feet from my drive- luckily on the most well- padded part of my anatomy!
6.7 miles today to the beach - roads a mile down the hill from where I live were clear!!!
21/01/2013 at 06:36
Take care ffRAN. Don't want you back in plaster again!
21/01/2013 at 06:44
It's a very real consideration, Kev, but would go mad if I thought about it too much.
Track tonight so hopefully no ice.
21/01/2013 at 12:43
Fran dooooooooooo be careful!!!!
At the weekend the doggies have been enjoying rompiningin the snow!!! Lots of nice open commons and fields for them to play in.
This morn took them for good walk over fields very earlt then i did horsie then i went to pool for a workout.
Hope to be able to run tomo - i havent run since last tues
Take care everyone
Ttfn nessiex
21/01/2013 at 13:59

afternoon all

well 8 miles done on treadmill today as the pavements are still covered in compacted snow and ice but at the rate it's melting at the moment i could well be out for a run tomorrow

21/01/2013 at 22:58
Great to have the treadmill in this weather Toby.
22/01/2013 at 04:02

Morning all

had a light shower of snow just before i came home from work stop now so i am hoping that will be that all though if the icebiters i ordered yesterday arrive i may well get to try them out if it starts again

Kev i have to say it has been a god send all though i do prefer to do the long runs outside if i can

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.