Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,581 to 3,600 of 4,284 messages
22/01/2013 at 06:45
Morning all. Bristol bound and heading for the snow I think!
22/01/2013 at 08:31

Nothing to really report here, except to say I haven't run since last Thursday. Getting a little despondent as it was all going so well. Furthest I've run is 6 miles and I'm really pushing to do Bath Half. Hopefully running Lliswerry 8 on Sunday with SeeJay, all I want to do is get round. I'm treating it as a training run, not a race. I just want to get 8 miles under my belt this weekend, so that I can progress.

Hope you're all well

22/01/2013 at 11:03
Hi CB - know how you feel - ive just run 3 miles, thats my first run since last tues!!!!! So apart from two pool workouts / dog walks / horse duties twice daily thats all the exercise ive managed since last week!!!! Maybe thats why im not losing the weight???
Stay safe everyone
Ttfn nessie x
22/01/2013 at 14:46

Afternoon all

just 5 miles for me today ventured out for a run as the pavements in our road didn't look to bad and on a whole were clear like B&T there were still one or two places that were a bit dodgy but so just slowed down aim for of today’s run just get around in one piece

22/01/2013 at 17:10

well my icebiters arrived this afternoon just in time for the snow to have melted though secretly i hope i don't have to use them now although i have been told we're supposed to have more snow tonight

22/01/2013 at 23:00

Hi everyone, I am not ignoring you, I was in Torquay from Friday to Monday with our friends bowls club. Ironically six of us got there on Friday morning but the rest of the team who where coming by coach couldn't make it as the coach could not get up the Wells road. So we had a whole weekend together and they didnt have to play bowls once!!! However i am training for a marathon so Saturday morning I went for an 8 mile run along the sea front in very windy conditions, freezing as well. So as not to disturb everyone's weekend I ran at 6 am so I could still have breakfast. There are two big undulations along the seafront and had to turn back in the town to make up the mileage. was accosted by a 'person' on the way back asking for a cigarettte and didnt want to take my answer so I made myself a little clearer. I was worried as there where a few women about and nearly went to the police but didnt know if I would recognise him or even find him!!!! Anyway, did my 8 miles in 1:23 so was quite pleased considering the course and conditions. Also ran tonight at the club but ended up on my own so used it for a slightly faster run and did 4 miles in 40 mins so quite pleased considering it was snowing, cold and breezy!!! Good news though, I had no knee pain at all for the first time in ages so ting hopefully looking up.

Toby, 12 weeks is not long at this time of year, hopefully the weather wont play much in your training!!!! See you at Longleat, just look out for the crowd of green and white Southville shirst as a few of us are going!! Well done with your persistance anyway through this weather, treadmills are a pain but when it is all you have it is better than couch potatoe!!!!

Ffran, please be careful, a broken wrist is one thing but a broken ankle or leg is a lot harder to heal!!!!!

Chris, dont be too dispondant, you have been running well and Lliswerry is pancake flat so you will do a good time. I was considering negative splits to give us a change to warm up but also to stretch our legs towards the end!!!! Fingers crossed for no snow by then!!!!

Nessie, I can't believe a country woman like you would have anything else other than a 4X4, why on earth a Jag????? We must get together and get your mileage up, I know you still have lots of good running in there yet!!!

Kevin, take it easy with your ankle, they can hide injuries for some time!!!!!! I hope it is ok.

23/01/2013 at 03:52

morning all

well it snowed all night her but at the moment hasn't pitched let hope it stays that way weathers supposed to be on the change Sunday there forecasting wet and very windy

23/01/2013 at 06:57
Morning al! Nice to hear from you Seejay and that you are pain free at last! All good with me too. Although after feeling cold most of the day yesterday I did wimp out of my run in the sleet at 7.30 last night! Oh well, today's another day.

Sounds like snow in Bristol is quite bad? On my way to Cardiff now.
23/01/2013 at 15:16

5 miles done today icebiters got there first wearing work a treat i must say rest day tomorrow then 18 on Friday let hope the snow keeps melting

23/01/2013 at 16:53
Heading home thankfully. A load of snow in South West Wales.
23/01/2013 at 21:42

Well hopefully the thaw will keep up so I can run tomorrow night without fear of slipping!!!!

Well done Kev, yes we have had a lot of snow but worst on the hills, it is starting to melt now though!!!

Well done Toby also, this snow is a real pain for us runners with plans!!!

24/01/2013 at 07:14
Here here to te thaw Seejay. Cardiff today and hoping to run tonight.
24/01/2013 at 12:46

No running for me today but my number for Longleat 10k arrived

24/01/2013 at 22:23

Hi Kev, I hope your run went ok tonight!!

Toby, mine is 1932, hopefully see you there.

Club run again tonight, only a couple fo stops for others but run felt ok even if it was Arctic cold!!!!!! 4.9 in 53 so pleased with my efforts. Lliswerry on Sunday so will see how things work out there!!!!

Edited: 24/01/2013 at 23:11
24/01/2013 at 23:12

By the way my number is not the year I was born!!!!!

25/01/2013 at 06:36
Who had 1912 then Seejay?

Run managed last night which was good as its gone really icy this morning.
25/01/2013 at 11:12
Kev Lol !!!!!
Good runnng going on here - keep it up guys and gals
I wet to pool again yest morn for a workout class, can really feel effect today !!!!
Ran this morn for only 39 mins but included 5x1 min hill reps so better than nothing i hope????
Very cold and icy but the main routes are on the whole pretty clear.
Farm yard just a sheet of ice so did a few 'Bambi' impressions before i got across it to lane to go for my run!!!
Ttfn nessie x
26/01/2013 at 09:54
Ness -. Nothing wrong with a39 min run! Just back from my run, still slippery out there!
26/01/2013 at 11:29

well 20 very cold and depressing miles for me yesterday I've never been so happy to get home in the warm

26/01/2013 at 20:50

evening all

what a difference a day makes went out with the O/H today as she had 13 miles to do and didn't want to do them on her own the sun was out and it was warm but it wasn't to last as i see the rain they promised had arrived

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.