Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,601 to 3,620 of 4,254 messages
26/01/2013 at 23:52

Thanks Kev, didnt think I looked that bad!!! Well done for getting out on an icy day, the snow has nearly all gone thanks to the rain last night, it feels totally tropical compared to the last couple of weeks!!!!

Nessie, well done on getting out and dancing across the ice to do so!!! I am sure you where a picture getting across the yard. LOL I am totally impressed you seem to be attacking hills these days, I remember when you first joined us you would run an extra mile rather than go up an undulation never mind hill reps!!! I think everything you are doing is going to benefit you soon.

Toby, I totally sympathise, I know what 20 is like even in decent weather but in this cold climate at the moment it must have been soul destroying. Well done, hopefully no suffering tomorrow!!!!

I am hoping the wind calms down for tomorrow!!!!!

27/01/2013 at 00:28
No probs Seejay!

Lo hoping for better weather tomorrow!
27/01/2013 at 17:20
Weather was ok this morning apart from the wind. Was very windy down the beach.
27/01/2013 at 18:59

Totally agree Kev, the weather held up weel during the race, as we walked back to race HQ it started to rain but didnt spoil the day.

The race went well, only criticism was the coure was a little shorter than it should have been, only 7.96 but then I am still happy with a time of 1:15:40, I:03 slower than my pb there!!!!! I am not complaining as I did get proof that my problem is muscular so I know what I need to work on!!!!!

Chris, soo good to meet you and your lovely lady, thank you so much for the company all the way round and sorry I had to leave you just a few hundred yards from the end!!!! I hope you meal went ok!!!!!

Nessie, you must really seriously try this race, it is so flat!!!!!!!!!

Hope everyone is running and feeling well!!!!

27/01/2013 at 20:08
Seej and Lliswerry runners - well done good runs - i will give it ago next year - love the sound flat!!!
Ran this morn only 2 miles after i did horsie at the crack of dawn!!! Again time against me as i was supposed to pick my mum up at 10.30 to take her to her Great Granddaughters 1st birthday but didnt get to mum untill 12.30 as i spent a couple of hours at vet with poorly puss cat again while they ran blood - urine tests etc etc - looks like kidney failure - shes back to vets on tues for the day so they can take blood pressure etc etc
I suppose 2 miles is better than 0 miles????
But im beginning to wnder if im ever going to get this mileage up as i have to
27/01/2013 at 20:11
Doh dony know how i manage to send that last post when i hadnt finished????
Guess everyone fed up with me waffling on!!!
Meant to say that ive got to commit to a race with some considerable mileage for my 60th this year!!!
Ttfn nessie xxx
27/01/2013 at 22:33

Nessie, it is always lovely to hear from you and you dont waffle!!!!!! As you say, 2 is better than 0 and we know it is difficult for you to keep all those balls juggling in the air. Distance running is so difficult to find time for, I think we all suffer but when you are ready you will find the time. Dont rush i finding a race, you have a whole year!!

28/01/2013 at 02:46
Seej thats true but the time seems to fly by. I cannot believe we have just celebrated my little granddaughters 1sy birthday!!!! Where does the time go????
Talking of celebrating - im awake at 'stupid ' oclock with bad guts due to indulging birthday party food yesterday!!!!!old ibs rearing its ugly head again - that'll teach me!!!!
Back to the drawingboard with my ibs diet now!!
Hope i make it to the pool this morning for my workout?
Ttfn ness x
28/01/2013 at 06:02
2 miles is a lot better than 0 Ness!

Have you tried Lepicol Plus - very good for all things digestion related - including IBS?. You can get it from Holland & Barrett.

Early start for me today (5.28 train). Off to Warwickshire for a meeting.
28/01/2013 at 08:50

Morning everyone

SeeJay, was a pleasure to run with you again yesterday. I needed the 8 miles under the belt and running with you certainly helped, especially from miles 4-6 (the windy ones!). I recorded 7.95 miles, but are you sure about the time? My garmin clocked 1:13:45 (ave 9:17). My splits were 9:45 9:42 9:33 9:40 9:23 9:04 8:52 7:47 So I was really pleased with that. Don't apologise for leaving me at the end Usain  Just goes to prove that you had more in you at the end than I did!

Nessie, give Lliswerry go  I can honestly say, it's the flatest race I have ever run. Not very well supported in parts, but that's due to the rural nature of the route. The marshalls were very encouraging and a nice t-shirt at the end. All in all a very well organised, friendly race and a credit to Lliswerry Runners!

I'm feeling a bit stiff this morning, nothing that a few stretches and rolling won't sort out. I feel very encouraged to build on the miles now. Have a good day everyone, whatever you do!

28/01/2013 at 12:06

afternoon all

well done to Seejay and Chris on the race sounds like a good one Nessie waffle all you like were here to listen

over slept this morning so missed the early W/W meeting so i am going to the 12.45 meeting have a bad feeling about this week as according to our scales i put weight on this week then out for a 5 mile run afterwards insted of the planed 8 i was going to do

29/01/2013 at 05:13

just 5 miles yesterday as i said i over slept and by the time i had gone to my Weight Watchers meeting that was all i had time for went under my target weight yesterday am now 10st 11lbs a loss of 2st 9lbs so after 2 years of saying i must get down to 11st for Brighton this year i will be

29/01/2013 at 07:51
Morning.

Well done Toby.
29/01/2013 at 11:20
Hi everyone
Well done Toby
Puss cat back to vets at 8 this morn
Horsie turned out - mucked out etc
Ran 3 miles in the pouring rain!!!!
Roll on summer
Ttfn nessie x
29/01/2013 at 11:21
Thanks Kev will look at that
Ness x
29/01/2013 at 12:19

Planning to run 4+ miles tonight and then somwhere between 5-6 on Thursday. Slightly below my target for January due to the Arctic conditions imposed on us earlier this month! Hopefully I can make this up in February!

29/01/2013 at 17:24

well 8 done very wet and wind swept miles for me today time wise the run took 1:16:30 and looking back is about the same as last year mind you the pace went from 9:30m/m to 11:30 in the last mile as i hit a wicked head wind so it may have been quicker

30/01/2013 at 07:22
Morning!
30/01/2013 at 08:10

4.15 miles last night in pretty blustery conditions (again)......Feels good to be back out there though! Morning, by the way

30/01/2013 at 20:32

Nessie, I hope the stuff from Holland and Barrett helps, trying to run on a verying diet like your can be helping with your energy levels. I just cannot work out how you do all these jobs, are you a Time Lord????

Chris, my splits are so close to yours its not worth worrying about, I would try changing your Garmin to show actual pace on a run and see if it makes any difference to your run, it wont change the information stored. My garmin read 1:13:40 which means you came in 5 secs behind me, I reckon thats about right. You ran really well and seemed comfortable all the way, that was a good run from you!!! It was great running with someone same pace as me, we werent trying to get ahead or drag each other back, just a relaxed steady pace. I think I probably could have gone quicker but I am happy to build mileage rather than sprint round. I will do the same on Sunday, steady up the hills and let gravity take effect on the downhills!!! Dont try to catch up on runs lost Chris, maybe add an extra mile onto the next couple of runs but you will not do yourself any good tryng to catch up. You will do enough even if you keep your runs to 10K or so, you know what to expect at a Half so there are no surprises. As you get close remember to taper as its been a while since you run one and dont forget the bulking and hydration. These things are v important when you are off half pace, give yourself every chance to succeed!!!!

Toby, well done mate, I know how difficult it is to loose weight no matter what diet you use. 2st 9lbs is a great weight loss, be very proud!! Wind will always be a bind for runners, we tend to lean into it and that makes us run faster so we loose energy quicker and it eventually affects our pace and endurance. Good running in the conditions.

You do seem to flit about the country quite a bit, nearly as bad as Nessie trying to fit runs in!!!

5 miles on Tuesday with the club, about 11 min/ml so happy with it, planning 4.5 tomorrow night @ 10 min/ml pace so as not to overdo it before longleat. Hopefully weather is a little less windy on Sunday and will try to keep an eye out for you Toby, just look out for a load of green tshirts and a yellow beanie hat!!!!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.