Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,641 to 3,660 of 4,314 messages
05/02/2013 at 06:57
Not heard of that group ffRAN - sounds really friendly.

Gone cold again, hat back on for a run tonight!
05/02/2013 at 11:56

ffRAN the group sounds great i have read some horror stories on here about some running groups on here were they just dam right unfriendliness towards runners they consider to be less talented there's one in Bristol or so I've been told that unless you could get on the podium they don't want you but that may be just here say

05/02/2013 at 17:16
Fran youre not unsociable!!!! I really enjoy running on my own as i usually go early morn its better so i can go where i want when i want and at what speed(slow)!!!! I want. All without letting anyone down if my plans change and also i dont hold anyone up!!!! Im too nervous to join a club - silly i know !!!!
Thats me - sillyness!!! Lol
Pool workout yesterday morn and this morn i ran my short route which took 38 mins and previous efforts on this route have been 39 & 40 miins - so quite pleased.
Ive lost 1/2lb since last Tues - slow going like my running LOL
So ive lost 1 n a half lbs in 4 weeks - not very good but if i do this every month till September i will have lost over 1/2 stone and i'd be very happy with that!!!!
Sorry to drone on but jeans are all getting looser so its all good!!!
Ttfn ness the loser x
05/02/2013 at 17:38

5 miles done have to say i am looking forward to Thursday as it's a rest day what with the race on Sunday and going to the park run Saturday to keep the O/H company and the run tomorrow I've now run every day since last Thursday legs are beginning to say enough, enough

05/02/2013 at 17:45
Oooooo Toby dont over do it - thats alot of runs but you are doing soooo well x
05/02/2013 at 21:59
Serious running Toby.

Was rough out there tonight!
05/02/2013 at 23:46

Toby, I cant understand your weightwatchers, I do it and when I run I gain points for exercise as you are using energy and burning calories. When I have had a good run I can eat more so there is an incentive there!!!! I would check with your class to make sure!!! Anyway, well done on loosing the weight but as everyone here is saying dont loose too much, it wont be good for your energy levels!! Same with the running, too much can lead to injury.

Ffran, sounds like the perfect club, but then any club that has access to a running track has a major advantage over 80% of running clubs!!!!

Nessie, thats the way to do it, slowly, then it stays off, I have problems maintaining it, either eat too much or not enough, takes time to get it right.

Kev, seriously unpleasant weather out there, I thik mother nature is going to dump on us again!!!!

7 miles tonight in 1:07 so well pleased, it was getting tough near the end after Sunday but once finished I felt like a spring chicken!!! Plans are for 8 on Thursday at about 10 to 10:30 pace, hopefully the weather doesnt get in the way!!!!!

06/02/2013 at 06:25
Morning. Blowing a gale out there agin this morning.

Long day in Bristol today.
06/02/2013 at 08:51

Ffran - sounds like you've got a good group there! When my wife statred running back in 2010, a new group advertised near us. Again, mainly aimed at the ladies, which was good for her, but I decided to go along too. The first meeting there was about 25 of us......24 ladies and me! Anyway, we stuck with it, more men joined, but the organisation left a lot to be desired. They were happy to take our subs at £2.50 each a week, promised social events, t-shirts etc, etc, but after 6 months nothing happened, so we left and formed our own small group, based around our local pub....as you do!

Toby, good running, and as SeeJay says, I don't understand the weightwatchers considering you are burning calories as you run. I'm no expert mind. Really could do with losing more weight myself, but I do eat sensibly and I have cut back on the adult juice, so we'll see what happens. I don't think I could stick to anything too structured.

SeeJay, good running as well mate! Glad to see you've got the injury under control at last. My better half came out with us last night, but her hip is still a problem, so I'm packing her off to the local osteopath this coming Friday. Hopefully, that can be resolved sooner rather than later!

4.5 miles for me last night, in somewhat blustery conditions. Felt good after, but I've woken up with some stiffness at the back of my left knee this morning. I've taken some Ibuprofen (just in case) and I'll be stretching it throughout the day. I'm sure it's just a bit tight. Anyway, hoping to run 6 tomorrow before Wiltshire 10 on Sunday.

Have a good day everyone!

07/02/2013 at 07:07
Good luck for Sunday CB.

Morning all.
07/02/2013 at 14:16
CB hope your stretching helps your knee.
Did horsie early this morn then took dogs for lovely walk over fields as it was sunny and frosty - very nice!!!
Back home by 9 - then dashed to pool for workout - back home for brekkie and feed doggies
I took our 9 month old rottie pup to my friend ( who is a dog groomer) and she lets me bath him in her dog parlour - just a slight prob as i couldnt lift him into the bath!!!! Luckily her hubby was there to lift him !!!!
Hes now all sqeaky clean and fluffy and smells lush!!!!
Im knackered - just off to do horsie shortly as she needs her mane hogged again and a serious grooming session!!!
Run tomo morn then rest on Sat and Glos 10k on Sunday
Ttfn nessie x
07/02/2013 at 21:33
Evening all. Great running, gang!
Ness- all go as usual. Our whippets almost self clean, but the teeny shih tzu is a nightmare - especially as she sees her duty to wallow through every muddy puddle going!
10.something miles work to home last night- very windy. And as I've done so many miles on trails recently, the tarmac played hell with my knees, so sore legs today.
I was only going to do Body Pump this evening - first time since broken wrist, but end up doing a couple of miles on the treadmill as well - so boring, don't know how you do it, Toby? Pump was difficult as I have lost all my muscle tone. Before I broke my wrist, I wasn't slim but my flab was firm flab. One result of not doing core and strength work for so long, is that my back aches when I've done longer runs recently....so will endeavour to get back to form.
Off in the caravan tomorrow....but I've heard we're in for more snow Sunday! SO take care, CB and Nessie, on your races Sunday xxxx
07/02/2013 at 23:19

Chris, best of luck for Sundya at Wiltshire 10, you will do ok I think!!! Sorry to hear about Mrs Chris, hopefully the osteopath will sort her out but tell her to do everything the osteopath says, even if it seems silly at the time!!! Good running, I hope that knee settles for you!!!

Nessie, all I will say is 'pint pot'!!!!! Just dont know where you get the energy from, best of luck with your 10K, take it easy and dont get stressed about it!!!

Kev, did you get home ok??? You managed to get out of Bristol ok???

Ffran, thats the only problem with running of trails and off road, as soon as you go to tarmac your body feels it. Dont worry it will settle down!!

Well 8 tonight in 1:27, not fast but steady paced so now ready for that 11 miler Sunday, you aint going to beat me this time!!!!!! Really enjoyed the run.

08/02/2013 at 06:56
Morning all! I'm a local in Bristol now Seejay! 2 days a week!

Friday at last. Off to watch Scarets v Connacht tonight.
08/02/2013 at 08:25

Hi everyone  knee settled down, as I thought it would. I ran 5.96 miles last night in 54:55 (ave 9:13). Was aiming for about 9:30 pace, so pleased with that and no adverse reaction this morning......double bonus! Mrs C is visiting the osteopath later, and yes SeeJay, I'll make sure she does as she's told, it may need to get physical though  Good steady running by you last night mate. Also looks like good runs by Ffran and Nessie too. We are getting back into this in a big way!!!

Nessie, all the best for Sunday  Have a good weekend everyone!

Edited: 08/02/2013 at 08:26
08/02/2013 at 10:37
Ta CB - hope mrs cb will be ok
Just a short 2.9 miles this morn - followed by porridge for brekkie as i had a bad night last night with ibs and guts very sore this morn - hey ho always something aint there??.?
No run tomo and hope weather kind on sunday!!!
Take care of yourselves.
Nessie x
08/02/2013 at 18:17

Afternoon all

Well 20 miles done and dusted had a few spots of rain but on the whole it actual sunny most of the way around still quite chilly though the whole thing took 3:13:25 but that’s with the stopping for traffic if you look at the moving time it drops to 3:08:49 had a look at last year’s time for the same run and I’m 26 minutes fast on the moving time than i was at this stage last year

just have to keep it up but i am still no were near where i need to be to go sub 4hr

08/02/2013 at 19:32
Go Toby go !!!! X
09/02/2013 at 11:09
Nessie, does your tum play up after you are super-busy? You can't have much time to relax, although I know you exercise plenty and that CAN work as an anti-stress mechanism, but you are always on the go!
Fantastic run Toby. You're way ahead of schedule but don't peak too early.
That won't be my problem. I did the Bryn Bach Parkrun this morning.... Wasn't feeling my best as I'd over-indulged last night- fabulous rich food and lots of wine.
Anyway, first lap of the lake was dodgy, wondering if I was going to be sick and DNF for the first time ever. 1st mile 8:39.
Second lap and I was down to 8 minute miling and feeling stronger all the time.
THEN my whippet puppy turned up out of nowhere. OH had been walking the dogs on the mountain above the park and he'd spotted me. So I had to hold onto him until OH turned up. Disaster, but I reminded myself this was for fun, not life or death and he was so pleased to see me...bless! Other runners passed by,glowering at me. I felt like saying, well at least you're now in front of me!!! Chill!
Suffice to say, not a PB. There's always next time.
Edited: 09/02/2013 at 11:12
09/02/2013 at 13:00
Morning all!

Had a nice run today, the light drizzle was cooling.

Bought some nice Welsh organic ale to watch the rugby - first drink this year - so a real treat!
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.