Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,661 to 3,680 of 4,308 messages
09/02/2013 at 17:28

Well back from the run with the wife she should have been doing 16 miles this week but because of the H/M were running in March had swapped some of the runs around and ended up with a 14 today

or so i thought we had done the bulk of the run and as we got close to home i happen to mention that we had already done 14.5 miles and it would be at least 15 by the time we got home it was at this point she decided that if we were that close to the 16 miles she should have done then it would be daft not to do them so that was that found myself doing another 1.5 to make up the 16

come back the days that when she was struggling all  she want to do bless her is go home she getting far too keen for me in the end we were out for 4:44:57 which is good as that’s the longest run she’s ever done

so if you if include the 10k on Sunday that’s a 63 mile week for me this week I’ve never done this amount of training for Brighton before

09/02/2013 at 19:59
That is amazing Toby. You will fly around Brighton.
Really well done rot Mrs T too. She's going from strength to strength..
09/02/2013 at 21:30

Hi all, I had a good run on thursday night, 8.3 miles in1:27, felt really good the last couple of miles so hopefully will be ok Sunday. The forecast is for heavy rain so will probably end up changing in the boot after my run!!!! Avert your eyes ladies, it wont do you any good!!!! So 12 on the Bristol/Bath cycle path and hopefully I will let you know later in the day how it went!!!

Toby, good mileage from you and Mrs Toby, you should really kick Brighton's ass this year!!!

Chris, you are recovering well, long may it continue, not long now until Bath. We must run Kennet Kanter one year, dont think I can make it this year but cant remember why!!!

Kev, well done, I hear the Welsh are a little happy today!!!!! I am sure the drink went down well.

Nessie, you are doing ok, let us know how you get on and thte best of luck!!!!

Ffran, it must have been so frustrating for you, its a times like that I realsie what is going through a F1 drivers mind when he crashes or gets pushed off the road. It is so easy to get totally immersed in the moment and go all competitive. At least you held on to the pup, some would have just run on!!!!!

10/02/2013 at 08:01
Morning all! Seriously good running going on all! 63 miles is very impressive Toby.

Yes Seejay - a happy day yesterday!

Up and ready to go out for my run in the pouring rain - Mrs RK thinks I'm crazy!
10/02/2013 at 12:30
Seejay, I hardly think I can compare my run to the likes of F1!
Rain saw us off and we returned home early. Mainly so OH and son can watch rugby together. I'll do my run with the dogs whilst its on - my menfolk's
hollering wont scare them.
How are the racers????
10/02/2013 at 13:18
Ha ha Kev we are all mad!!!!
Toby u are amazing what mileage.
Got absolutely soaked at Glos 10k - not a good time 1.11.45 but i ran all the way and never once felt like walking - i know i dont push myselh hard enough!!!! Lots of younger fitter looking people than me having to walk very early on - so at least i kept going!!!
1st race since my marathon so i really must get on with it now 60 is looming closer than ever!!!!!
Ttfn nessie xxx
10/02/2013 at 13:30

Nessie well done you as long as you enjoyed it time is irreverent

10/02/2013 at 14:30

Ffran, sorry I wasn't comparing you directly to F1 but the fact that although it was only a fun run you had to remind yourself when pup came on the scene, maybe if hubby had been right there at the time he might had felt the ferocity of your tongue!!! You where in the zone and it took a little while to come down again. It was meant to be a compliment!!!

Well done this morning Kev, horrible morning and every reason to stay in bed!!!!

Nessie, so well done, I know you dont think its a good time but considering how busy a life you lead to finish it without stopping in this weather shows great determination!!!!! Lets hope you go from strength to strength in your 60th year!!! As Toby says as long as you had fun thats the main thing!!!

10/02/2013 at 15:01
Thanks guys - i get so worried about the time sometimes cos i know ive got slower since the marathon but i really didnt find 6 miles a prob!
Maybe now is the time to push the pace a bit????
Ness x
10/02/2013 at 16:02
Seejay, made me smile that's all. I know I take my running very seriously but it is all about fun, isn't it? Hope you had a good one today?
Nessie.....REALLY well done! Time nothing to apologise about- I think you saying others had to stop and walk whilst you kept going is a very valid comment and is all down to your consistency. You took my advice(lol) and paced well! Great stuff. Onwards and upwards!
CB- race report, please???
Kev, I haven't been out yet. Rain so bad the dogs don't even want to venture over the door. May end up in the gym.
10/02/2013 at 20:01

Ffran I am sorry I just forgot to say about my run!!!! I did the 12 miles in 1:58 on a very soggy morning, my start time went by the metoffice forecast which was if I had left it later there was a 95% chance of heavy rain. When I did get home we had nothing but a few light showers all day!!!! I got totally soaked through and had to change everything in the back of my car. Physically it wasnt a bad run, my knee ached a little and got a couple of shooting pains but nothing to worry about. Emotionally though I was ready to give up running altogether, not sure if it was just the rain, or just stress or a combination of both but as the run went on I got my mojo back and enjoyed the rest of the run. Well as best I could in the uncomfortable weather!!!! VLM waterproof tops are not waterproof!!!!!!

Nessie, you know how well you can do and it is difficult to come back when you loose a little confidence. Now you have completed a race n a respectable time it is up to you now, it will still be difficult to fit your training in but as your pace comes up so will the mileage. Dont push hard just let your natural ability come through, you didn't find the race challenging so maybe you need to just try a challenging pace to see how you get on. We will always support you anyway, you know that!!!

10/02/2013 at 20:11
Well said, Seejay! And really well done to you, too. You did it! In challenging conditions, almost pain-free and even enjoyed it, so once again, I'll say "onwards and upwards" - VLM here you come!!!
11/02/2013 at 06:30
Morning all. Another week! Half term too and all family are home and I'm in work all week.
11/02/2013 at 06:33
Day off for me so catching up on all the things I should have done.....in theory, anyway!
11/02/2013 at 07:02
Enjoy day off ffRAN x
11/02/2013 at 08:48

Morning everyone  Looks like you've all been out running and all doing well.

Mrs CB went to the osteo on Friday and has been diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis of the hip. She's been given 2 exercises to do regularly and plenty of icing. Looks like she's responding already, although the osteo was a bit physical and as Mrs CB does bruise easily, it's a case of playing dot to dot from her hip to her lower thigh. The main thing is she's really encouraged now and looking forward to running more regularly.

As for yours truly, I ran Wiltshire 10 yesterday, which by my reckoning was more like the Wiltshire 9.96 in 1:29:38 (ave 8:59)' I was in a bit of a rush leaving home so completely forgot my waterproof jacket and banana. I parked up and made the 10 min walk to get my race number. By the time I got back to the car, my post-run dry clothes were soaked. Changed into my running gear and made my way back to the toilets and baggage storage area. Well, when I say toilets, using the plural is exaggerating! Anyway the start had no start line and we were off. The one positive was the marshalling, which was very good. That aside, it was very wet and windy along country roads which at times were flooded. That in itself was not too bad but when inconsiderate cars pass by, not slowing down, the wave caused was at times, head height. Because of the weather, they changed the finish position, which meant running through a park trail which again was flooded to calf height. Not the best organised race, facilities were poor and the organisers could learn a lot from Lliswerry. The course was more undulating than hilly. Would I run the course again?...Yes. If it were the same organisers?...No. So there you have it. I treated it as a training run and I suppose it did the job.

This week I have planned a 4-5 miler tomorrow. 7 miles on Thursday and 11 on Saturday. Have a good day everyone!

11/02/2013 at 08:51

SeeJay......Kennet Kanter sounds good!

11/02/2013 at 14:23

just a little 8 miles for me today boy has the temperature dropped again

Edited: 11/02/2013 at 14:28
11/02/2013 at 19:33

Thanks Ffran, I just hope we dont have many more Sundays like that one!!!!! I hope you are right!!

Kev, things never seem to work out right and if they do its only once in a lifetime!!!!

Chris, I know what you mean about forgetting things, I brought a good waterproof suit on Sunday but decided the leggings would make me sweat and my VLM top would be fine!!!!! Just like the weathermen, bad call!!!!! I still haven't got a date for Kennet, would be nice if I am fit for it but will keep and eye out for a date and let you know!!!

You are so right Toby, it was freezing at work this morning and the wind made it even worse!!!!!! Lets hope it warms up again soon!!!

12/02/2013 at 21:40
Well thought id go for run this morn after i did horsie but things went awfully wrong this morn.
Bringing horsie in from field she caught her rug on metal fence - panicked and got stuck fast on fence - i got stuck between her and fence and then she went down like a ton of bricks trapping my good arm under her head which she managed to get stuck at bad angle!!!! Thought id broken my arm and as i was alone got quite upset - couldnt get phone out of pocket with free arm cos thats my bad arm that doesnt move too well!!!
Eventually after an age i managed to wriggle arm out and then wondered what to do as i couldnt leave her down and stuck in mud on her own. Managed to work her head free and detach destroyed rug from fence and i clambered around otherside of barrier whilst she struggled to get up!!!
Both of us feeling very sore and bruisd now and sorry for ourselves!!!! Just shows how easy things can go badly wrong. Luckily nothing broken but i can feel heat in one of her knees so will check her again in the morn after i have to get youngest lad (home from uni for a few days) to Doc for 8 oclock in the morn!!!!
Omg always something!!!!
Ttfn very tired ness
Maybe run tomo????.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.