Keeping our group together

3,681 to 3,700 of 4,284 messages
13/02/2013 at 04:44

Nessie how terrible for you hope you and horsie are OK

13/02/2013 at 06:57
Best wishes Ness for a speedy recovery and hope your horse is fine too xx
13/02/2013 at 08:13

Ness,I hope all is well for you both!

4.48 miles for me last night in 39:43. A bit quicker than I really wanted to run it and although it felt good, I could still feel Sunday's run in my legs. Planning on a slower 7 miles this Thursday before my 11 miles on Saturday. This will be my longest run in preparation for Bath Half. Tapering starts next week.

I hope you're all ok and running well!

13/02/2013 at 10:00
Thanks everyone - been to check horsie and she appears fine - no stiffness or heat this morn ( on her part ) LOL Im a different matter - bit brusied and aching all over - still she is younger than me !!!
Going to take her for a walk this pm and see how she is then
Ness x
13/02/2013 at 10:01
Think i might leave run till friday and might do a pool workout tomo morn as that would prob do me good
13/02/2013 at 22:03
Good runs Seejay, Toby and CB. Hope Mrs CB ok? Kev,are you managing to run with your hectic workload?
Oh Ness! So sorry about incident! I worry about no.1 daughter up on the mountains with her horses but she assures me all will be well, then when I hear how easily an experienced horsewoman like you can have a "situation" my blood turns cold. Yet once again, all your concerns for your beloved creature. What about you?? Please take care. Pool work will be ideal to work out all your aches and pains.
Did a bare 3 miles Sunday as weather so poor but set off for track Monday, on foot, then decided not to go and just took off! I did 10 miles with no real effort - it was really cold and crisp - and dry, so I just kept going. A change from speed work. Another 7 last night with running group, then, because I had plans for this evening, went out and did 4 at 6:10 this morning....pitch dark, so with head torch and in a horizontal blizzard!!! Strange looks from early workers, and dogs dictated the turn around. But at least the day's run done and dusted. I'll go out very early tomorrow as we travel to Kent early evening. No.2 daughter moving 25 miles closer to us( it all helps!) and we're on grandchildren-minding duties for the weekend. Lovely!
14/02/2013 at 07:26
Morning all! Happy Valentines day.
14/02/2013 at 11:13
Good running Fran x
Yes its quite alarming how quickly things can go so very wrong but we are ok - walked horsie out again this morn all appears well.
Went to the pool for workout this morn and im sure thats helped.
Plan to run tomo morn and that will be my first since 10k.
Looking to see what to do next!!
Happy Valentines Day x
Off out tonight for Valentines meal -all for FREE!!!!
We went to this particular hotel for a meal a few weeks ago and it was awful and we were so dissapointed that we emailed to complain and they offered 2 complimentary meals at any of their forthcoming events - sooooooooo at ??35 per head lets hope this is a good un ?????
14/02/2013 at 13:17

afternoon all

rest day for me today then should be doing 14 miles on Friday but not shore whether to sick another 20 in as i over eat a little this week and need to burn off some excess then out again Saturday with the O/H for another 14 mile

Nessie hope you enjoy the meal

ffRAN you’re a running machine in human form go on admit it

Edited: 14/02/2013 at 13:23
15/02/2013 at 07:54
Morning all. Hope meal was nice Nessie - we are out for lunch today.

Mrs RK bought my a lovely Valentines day present - a greenhouse with all the stuff to grow my own herbs, salad veg etc,
15/02/2013 at 10:29
Hi gang
Well the meal last night was great - really lovely eve - night & day difference to our experience a few weeks ago!!!
Ran the devil of a HILL route this morn and not only ran all the way up this pig of a hill - i knocked 1 min off previous best time - so feeling quite pleased and surprised after a late eve out with alcohol involved!!!! Although it wasnt that much still surprised i felt so good this morn but i did drink water with meal inbetween drinks.
Hope everyone ok -
Off now to see horsie - walk dogs - then judge writing at dressage comptition for a few hours.
Roll on bedtime!!! Lol
Ttfn nessie xx
16/02/2013 at 11:47

Morning all. Weather is nicer, managed a run in shorts and t-shirt today - no leggings or coat!

Was glad to get out this morning as not a good week training - pancake day and Valentines got in the way - feeble excuses I know.

Hope you and horse are both ok now Nessie?

16/02/2013 at 15:26

Afternoon all

Went out wife  today to keep her company as she had 14 miles to do

swap my runs around a bit yesterday so did next week 20 yesterday and will do the 14 miles i should have done next week as the daughter is coming down next week so we can all go out for a run were going to try 18 miles and as were not shore how fast she is are expecting to be out along time

17/02/2013 at 12:24
Thanks Kev - horsie appears fine now. Not so sure about me though - very lighted head and woozy yesterday and last night had a fall at farm -LOL more bruises!!!! Had just put clean clothes on - thatll teach me as i went down in the worst muddiest cow muck ever!!!!!
Well this morn i thought i wouldnt run but by 9.30 i was getting itchy feet so thought id try a run and see how i felt. Did 6 miles in 70 mins and theres a hill on this particular undulating route that i have never managed to run up it before but today I DID- to say im amazed is an understatement!!!
Im even thinking of entering a hilly 10k - never ever thought id contemplate paying to run a hill LOL
Seej good time for your half - wish i could get to that time -well done
Hope everyone has a good run today -weather is fab at the mo but icy in the shade so take care
Nessie x
17/02/2013 at 20:55

Hi everyone, so sorry I have not been posting, life is manic at the minute!!!! I did nearly 9 on thursday with the club and then today I did 13.01 in 1:09 on a wonderful morning. It was very cold to start but it warmed up as time went by. It was a good run with no problems knee wise, fingers crossed!!!!! Recovery run planned for Tuesday night.

Nessie, I am so glad you and your horse are in good fettle, they have always frightened me as I know how powerful they can be!!! I am also so pleased your running is coming along so well, I never though I would ever hear Nessie King mention hills and running in the same sentence!!!!!

Ffran, you had got your fitness back so quickly, credit to you for the hard work you are putting in.

Toby, you certainly seem to have your running plan well sorted, I think you will totally surprise yourself!!!!

Chris, amazing running again, take it easy though, I know how tempting it is to run at your old pace but wait till after Bath if you can, or even on the day, dont want any more injuries before the race!!!!!

Kev, it is always difficult to fit life around our running!!!!!

18/02/2013 at 06:40
Morning all. These winter Monday mornings don't get any easier do they!?
18/02/2013 at 08:24

Morning everyone

Good running Nessie, Ffran, SeeJay, Toby & Kev......I managed 11 miles on Saturday in 1:37:29. I really didn't push it at all, so was really pleased with the time. The last mile was mentally tough, but I'm easing back now for Bath. I went to see the Osteopath on Friday to be told I have the least flexible hamstrings in the world and that my lower back is as hard as a brick! I've been given additional excercises to improve my flexibility. I did them both before and after my run and funnily enough I didn't feel my usual post-run stiffness. So hopefully, things will improve all round. Mrs CB went back again and appears to also be responding well, so all's good there.

Have a good day everyone

Edited: 18/02/2013 at 08:24
18/02/2013 at 14:31

Afternoon all

well went to W/W done another 3lbs 10st 7lbs  making a grand loss of 3st since i joined back last October so this now puts me  were i wanted to be so i can start the maintenances  whole heartedly instead of the half heart effort last time

Went out for run afterwards 10 miles done in 1:31:15 giving me an Avg pace of 8:59 m/m

19/02/2013 at 06:23
Well done Toby, great to reach a goal after working so hard to get there.

Good running indeed CB.

Hope the frost clears quickly this morning as its my daughters first rugby match.
19/02/2013 at 07:09
Hi all. Back from Kent. My daughter has moved to a brand new house, and consequently, no phone/wifi and very poor mobile signal.
She's moved to Loose Village, which is absolutely picture-perfect beautiful. I managed a few runs (very early) along the Conservation Valley and, what with the weather being glorious, made for some spirit-raising moments!
Children are as gorgeous as ever, so moping and missing them all now.
Superb running you all. CB, your 11 miler was a lot quicker than mine- well done! Sounds like you've found a brilliant osteopath for you and your wife!
Seejay- that's a champion time for a Half- you'll be in the Commonwealth Games!!! It sounds like VLM is going to be a very promising performance, considering your knee is behaving so well.
Kev- you'll be fine this week, so don't worry about a blip in routine.
Toby, I really believe that optimum weight plays a big part in performance. I know that I feel very sluggish, being a lot heavier than usual at the moment and I'm finding it harder to moderate my eating for some reason. I am firmly against fad diets that only work temporarily, but WW is a very sensible plan. You have done so well, and have been very focused with all aspects of your training. Your wife sounds as if she's doing great too - tell her "well done" from me.
Ness. What can I say! You are going from strength to strength. Despite the busiest lifestyle in the world, chronic tum trouble etc, you are GETTING THERE! I'm proud of you. Hills are great strength training, and if you could manage an interval session once a week, I could guarantee your speed would get faster too. It's very hard to do alone - is there anyone you could do a short, fast run with?
I didn't run last night. Sleep very much interrupted over the w/e, so early night planned instead. I'll run with my friends this evening.
Have a great day all. X
Edited: 19/02/2013 at 07:14
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.