Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,701 to 3,720 of 4,300 messages
19/02/2013 at 13:39
Youre all going from strength to strength - well done gang!!!
I on the other handcfeel im going bacwards again -
10K Sunday
No pool session on monday as ibs reared its ugly head again!!!
Little grandaughter came to visit but she was so sick everywhere - several times !!!! Rug couch etc etc shes still poorly
Then when i got down to horsie she was in a bad way not able to move turn etc
Sooooo vet visit this morn and shes on bute and box rest for a week - lame behind - short in front and stiff in neck!!!! OMG is this gonna cost!!!!
Just got fresh homemade chicken and veg soup on and homemade fresh sundried tomatovrolls baking - no more additives for me!!!!!
Plan to run in the morn
Keep you all posted
Ttfn ness xxx
19/02/2013 at 14:57

afternoon all

well 5miles done it's a lovely day here even ventured out in a pair of running shorts for the first time this year have to say though OK as it was for a short run it's still to cold to be out for any length of time in them yet

19/02/2013 at 15:09
Well done toby - gorgeous day here aswell - just contemplating a run to horsie tonight as its so sunny.
Just waiting for homemade apple flapjacks to finish cooking!!!!
Ness x
19/02/2013 at 18:25
Cookng done so i decided to go for a run - sooooooo glad i did - the weather was fab cold but very sunny - only 3.5 miles to horsie - gave her the medication and settled her down for the night and hubby picked me up so had nice warm lift home - hot shower and now going to grill salmon for dinner.
Ttfn nessie xx
20/02/2013 at 09:46

Glad you enjoyed your run Nessie - running in the sun / day light is so much nicer. Here was my run this morning:

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/518567/gallery/2013-02-20_machynys_small_0.jpg?width=350

20/02/2013 at 11:06

what’s happened to the weather just when i thought we seen the last of the cold weather and might actually get a bit warmer than winter sets in again Oh well looks like we'll need the running tights a bit longer i know what it is the weather took one look at my legs yesterday said i not looking at those so it got colder so i had to cover them up

20/02/2013 at 17:22

just a 5 mile recover run on the treadmill today walk 0.5k run 0.5k 14 to do on Friday then it will be out with the wife and daughter on Saturday for there go at 18 miles but we will have to see how the Daughter gets on may have to cut it short

21/02/2013 at 06:23
Lovely photo Kev, run past that spot more than once!
Ness - can I come to yours for tea? Read some interesting stuff earlier about inflammation caused by sensitivity to food- this is why it may seem that some food combinations work better than other. With your IBS, could be worth a read, but probably all familiar to poor you.
Toby, your mileage is awesome. Meant to say that my reason for not doing Llaneli Half was daughter's move- well, as I said, that was brought forward to suit her half term last Friday. We're still going to take advantage of OH's time off and go away in caravan but, if in the vicinity, will come to watch you - perhaps we can arrange to meet briefly? Kev- you're doing it too, aren't you?
Been very tired since returning from Kent. Off for a run now, though.
Edited: 21/02/2013 at 06:34
21/02/2013 at 10:12

Hi All,

Fab runninng Toby - you'll fly around Llanelli

Was supposed to be doing Llanelli HM ffRAN with 2 female friends who have not run a race before. However they have both now decided to do the 10k in June so we have all entered that instead. Suits me as well as Sunday races this time of year clash with my son's football games.

Next race for me then will probably be the Sospan MT10 which is the No. 1 race that I want to do but haven't (I know you have and like it).

Had another fab run on the coastal path today, but icy, biting winds there today and now the sun has poked through.

Feeling great though.

21/02/2013 at 12:34
Well done Kev. You'll love the MT10
21/02/2013 at 14:41

ffRAN that would be nice

21/02/2013 at 19:56
Evening all!
22/02/2013 at 06:25
And good morning all! Long day today (Bristol) but a nice weekend planned as its Mrs RK's birthday!
22/02/2013 at 13:55
Bloomin cold wind today - had to put my base layers on this morn - 38 min run done first thing after doing horsie.
R Kev - happy birthday to Mrs RK - have a good weekened.
Its my hubbys birthday on Sunday - then next week its my eldest lads and my mums birthday - its all going on here!!!
Just entered a half in May - soooooooo knuckeling down to a structured training plan starting on Monday - whoo hoo!!!
Keep warm everyone
Ttfn nessie xx
24/02/2013 at 12:19
Omg - thank goodness for helly hanson base layers!!!
What a wind out there this morn - did 55 min run down to horsie.
Hubbys birthday today so cooked nice brekkie for him - walked doggies - off to see little granddaughter - then cook special dinner tonight - boy oh boy do i spoill him LOL
Hope u all manage to keep warm today when youre out running!!
Ttfn nessie xx
24/02/2013 at 12:57

Nessie he's a luck man to have you

24/02/2013 at 18:45
Toby - i tell him that everyday LOL !!!!! X
24/02/2013 at 21:12

Hi guys, sorry for not posting, seem to have less time than Nessie lately!!!! Cant remember where I got to last time but on Tuesday I did about 10K and then Thursday did some Fartleks with the club. Didn't push too hard except for once or twice at the end but I think I paid for it this morning. 15 miles done in 1:33 in freezing cold conditions, really struggled for the last couple of miles but finished it with a very short sprint. Knee wasn't the problem, just quads and hamstrings so lots of rolling next week. Tuesday will be another 10K recovery and Thurs wil be a more gentle and sedate 8 miles or so. Then 16 next Sunday.

Toby, I am most impressed with your efforts, I dont think a half marathon or marathon will hold any surprises for you!!! Totally agree with the weather, what has happened, I remeber in the past doing Bath Half in glorious weather!!!!!

Nessie, well done and hurrah for base layers!!!! I just threw about three layers on, two pairs of gloves and jogging bottoms over my running tights and was still cold!!!!! I agree with Toby, your hubby is a very lucky man indeed!!!

Ffran, you haven't missed much out there, it is just so cold!!!!! Wind chill is ridiculous!

I have just entered Swansea again and Cardiff, I have a bone to pick with the new course from last year!!!!!

25/02/2013 at 14:29

Afternoon all

8 miles done today run took 1:13:18 with and Avg pace of 8:56 m/m

had to order a new pair of running shoes as the old ones are now Waring badly were i come down on the outside edge of my heel ordered them from the start fitness web site and with another pair of running tights as i let Snowmaiden have one of mine with the discount code the two items came to less than i paid for my current running shoes from the running shop

25/02/2013 at 19:20
Evening all. Worked from home today so all quiet. Swindon tomorrow.

Good bargains Toby.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.