Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,761 to 3,780 of 4,300 messages
08/03/2013 at 08:31

Unbelieveable miles you're putting in Toby!

Hope you feel better soon, SeeJay. You've been doing so well

I've never heard of anyone buying a caravan during a run, Ffran. That must be a first!

Nessie, I hope your back feels better soon. I've suffered similar in the past and it's no joke!

Still easing myself back into it after Bath Half, 4.38 milres in 39:51 (ave 9:06). Calf felt much better last night (fingers crossed) so I guess all the stretching and rolling is paying off. I bought a Triggerpoint Grid Roller earlier in the week and it arrived yesterday. I've read many good reports about them. SeeJay, confirmed the same. He also confirmed, as other have done that there's a pain factor included, free of charge. Therefore, I am a bit apprehensive, but will bite the bullet and use it this weekend! 5 miles planned for me this weekend and 4 for my better half, whose hip is also responding to treatment.

Have a good weekend everyone!

08/03/2013 at 12:17

CB we are all doing it and suffering, but if it keeps us running it's worth the pain.

08/03/2013 at 16:48
CB - ta. Back still sore so went for 3 mile walk this morn instead of run - Soooooooo frustrating !!!!!
Hi LBB - hope u Mrs LBB and all the little LBBs doing ok now?
8 miler planned for sunday but i guess id better see what my back says about that????
Thought trail running was supposed to be kinder to you????
Shoes cost an arm and a leg and i cant use them at the mo !!!!
LOL perhaps i take up knitting instead???
Ttfn nessx
08/03/2013 at 17:56

Afternoon all

Well 22 miles for me today that’s the longest run i do was feeling tired today so decided to stick close to home so did ran 2 and 3 mile loops the whole thing took 3:31:12 with a Avg pace of 9:29m/m so not to bad as i was trying to keep the pace down and to be honest wasn’t to worry about the time more about just getting around

did struggle a bit over the last couple of miles and legs are feeling it now cut back week next week then my last big mileage run the week after  before the taper starts can’t wait

08/03/2013 at 20:33
Toby well done on that mileage. Youll be fine im sure youve put so much effort into your traing.
Ness
09/03/2013 at 08:26
Morning all! Brr.... Cold here in Edinburgh.
09/03/2013 at 10:14
Enjoy the rugby, Kev!
Back sounds bad, Ness. I think it's the lack of cushioning and support in most off-road shoes that impacts in the back. Also if you really pace it down steep hills, then the shock goes through to the muscles in the lower back. Easier on the joints because of the softer terrain though. Persevere!!
Rollers are superb, CB- really hit the spot but you need to be brave!!!
Super duper mileage Toby. Your performance is going stratospheric.
Edited: 09/03/2013 at 10:15
09/03/2013 at 17:17

Afternoon all

Went out with the O/H today to keep her company on her 18 i suggested that 20 miles would be a good plan just to give her that psychological boost of knowing she could so 20miles it was

we inculpated the Bristol H/M course as part of the run as the O/H thinking of signing up for it later this year

09/03/2013 at 23:08

Hi everyone, now I have heard everything, 'I am just going for a run dear, see you later' 'Well dear how was your run?' 'A little slower than I planned, I bought a caravan on the way round, salesman was very nice'!!!! I like your style Ffran. Glad to see you are fitting in some running between your purchases. Sorry Ffran, jibes over, couldn't resist, I hope you have many fun miles and some great holidays in it!!! Back to the serious stuff, I cant remember what you said but are you training for something? 20 miles is a long run unless you are training for a marathon or just plain bonkers!!

Nessie, personally I would initially blame the shoes but as I have never done trail running or owned trail shoes I wouldn't like to say but I agree with Ffran, it does sound quite bad!!! Don't persevere too long with a bad back, could do permanent injury!!! It mightn't be a bad idea to go back to Up and Running and get them checked again, after all you paid enough for them!!!

Toby, amazing distances, I just hope you don't suffer a little down the line. Well done to Mrs Toby as well, great distances for someone in the business for such a relatively short time.

Kev, its always cold in Edinburgh, its all that granite!!!! Have a great time.

Good to hear from you LBB, hope your recovery is going ok!!

Chris, take it easy at first with the roller otherwise you could set yourself back, it is a powerful bit of kit and do a lot of good but work up to it gently.

10 Miles this afternoon down the Portway, 1:37, slower than I had intended but still valuable miles all the same. I have rethought my diagnosis, its hay-fever, even with all the rain it has got to me. Taking anti- histamines so hopefully i will settle shortly, feeling much better already. Decided to run today as the forecast for tomorrow is v cold and I have done enough of that recently!!! Have a great time for the rest of the weekend and I will chat soon!!!

10/03/2013 at 09:01
Morning all.

Happy Mothers Day to all the Mums on here.

A light dusting of snow overnight.
10/03/2013 at 19:11
Ahh ta Kev x
Seej ill give the shoes another go this week over flat terrain and see what happens - if back still bad ill go back to Up and Running with them and see what they say. My first run in them was so hilly and running on the side of slopes - tree roots - stones - mud etc so perhaps it was too much too soon???
Ran this morn just under 7 miles but struggled cos it was such a cold wind - i meant to do more but just couldnt warm up!!!
Hope everyone ok in this cold spell
Ttfn ness x
11/03/2013 at 00:14
Hi Ness.

All good, loads of snow here tonight.

Home tomorrow'

Good night.

Kev
11/03/2013 at 12:50

Sounds like some great running going on here, particularly amazing mileage from Toby.

I ran my longest mileage of the year yesterday 10 miles in 96 mins.

11/03/2013 at 15:57

Afternoon all

well 8 miles done weather doesn't seem to know what it wants it's cold and very windy but one minute the suns out the next it's over cast and snowing and then the next the suns out and it snowing Oh well keeps you on your toes

11/03/2013 at 21:27

Nessie, I hope it is just a combination of cold weather and new shoes but if it is them you dont want to be doing much in them for fear of further injury. At least you will have given them a fair trial!!! I am not surprised you cant warm up, I am the same in this weather, saturday was my warmest run this year!!!!!!! Hopefully it will warm up for this weekend, dont fancy 18 miles in this freezing wind.

That was brief Kev but good to hear from you, hopefully the snow didnt hinder your return home!!

Martin, that's not like you, it must be a struggle getting back from injury again. This weather really doesnt help, it is so demoralising!! Good luck with your recovery.

Well done Toby, very brave man running in this weather, I am not looking forward to club night if the temperature stays low!!!

10K planned for the club, nice and easy and a chance to try my new base layer top, compression socks (care of Lidl) and new jacket which is supposed to be wind proof!!!!

13/03/2013 at 04:22

Morning all

Well just 5 miles for me well i say 5 ran into town and got the wife’s name put on her running vest by the time i got back it was just over 6

We had order the name the week before so went in Saturday to have then done but the idiots had spell her name wrong so had to go down again

13/03/2013 at 21:39

Base layer and socks worked out well so will try them again Thursday night when I am planning a 9 mile run with the club. 18 on Sunday and wouldnt you know it, now it has stopped freezing it is now going to rain!!!!!!!!! First time in ages I actually enjoyed my run, it has been such a chore in recent months but I knew I had to percivere!!!

Well done Toby, a little more pleasant running today!!!

14/03/2013 at 05:28

Morning all

had a rest day yesterday as i got up feeling tired and a little run down so will do a 5 mile recover run on the treadmill today then it’s 15 on Friday and out with the O/H  Saturday for her 16 mile run

14/03/2013 at 08:47

Feels like ages since I last posted on here......Running has been put on the back-burner this last week. Other life matters have taken over. We're having to move at the end of April, so we're on the lookout for another rental property. Plus I've also been trying to sort out my Father's probate issues. I must admit, it's all taken over, but I am determined to get back out running tonight. Hopefully I'll update you all tomorrow. Have a good day everyone!

15/03/2013 at 09:06

4.32 miles for me last night in 38:45 (ave 8:58). So quite pleased with that. Planning on 5 miles tomorrow, on the flat. Hopefully with a little bit more pace. Have a good weekend everyone!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.