Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,801 to 3,820 of 4,284 messages
26/03/2013 at 11:07
Ta for advice Seej
Decided to try harder today as ive just been plodding about and getting slower and slower
Did 1st mile 10.15
Fartlek 2nd mile (walked inbetween speedy parts) 11.54
3rd mile 10.54
4th mile (included 1min walk) averaged for whole run 11.20
Not brilliant i know but it gives me something to aim for to beat now.
Im usin app'endomondo' as my garmin playing up and for months now ive just been using my phone to note the time of my runs but this app speaks to you and tells you each mile what time and what pacecyouve done it in.
Anyone else using this app??
Ttfn nessie xx
27/03/2013 at 08:37

What with having to move, sorting out my late father's financial matters and then having to deal with the interment of his ashes last week  It's all been pretty emotional and draining. Running, unfortunately, had to go on the back burner. I'm still finding things hard coming to terms with what happened. I don't think it has really hit me until recently. But I am determined to get things back in order and move on. Went for a short run last night, 3.64 miles in 32:35 (ave 8:57) over quite an undulating route. Time to focus on Bristol 10K now, for both myself and my better half.

Apologies for not keeping in touch, but I am determined to focus more on my running, so I should be around more  Have a good day everyone.

Edited: 27/03/2013 at 09:59
27/03/2013 at 12:00
CB dont apologise - we understand. You have had so much to contend with - our hearts go out to you and your family.
Good u managed a run and have Bristol 10k to focus on. Im sure the running will help you
Just pop in and chat when u feel up to it - dont worry about us we'll still be here whenever u feel ready.
Take care nessie x
27/03/2013 at 12:50

CB, glad your able to get out running, despite the obvious distractions.  Things will ease over time and you will look back with fond memories.

29/03/2013 at 23:11

Nessie, I dont use it myself but I do kow some in the club use it, I keep hearing it chating to people in my group!!! Sounds like a very determined nessie now, got the bit between your teeth, well done!!!!

Chris, as Nessie says, we know what you are gong through and having something to focus on will definately help. Well done for pushing again!!!

LBB, how are you, will you be on the cycle path this Sunday? I will be on my own as my running partner has gone upt north for Easter to her family. Its only 16 miles so shouldnt be too much of a problem!!!

6 miles recovery on Tuesday night and bitterly cold, 8 last night at 9:30 pace, felt good and not many niggles!!! Taper has started so only three more weekends before the big one!!!!!

30/03/2013 at 08:04

Morning all

Sorry not to have been around but life’s been hectic with having to be in work early every day ending in an 113/4 hour night Wednesday trying to fit the training runs in and having to go car hunting on Friday as the wife has changed jobs and won’t get home in time for me to have the car

running wise did 8 on Tuesday and another 5 on Wednesday then my last longish run of 14 miles Friday this just now leaves me 3 x 5miles 1 x 6miles a 4 and a 10 and this time in 2 weeks I’ll be waking up in Brighton can’t believe I’m coming to the end of yet another 18 weeks of training i was only ever going to run one marathon

Edited: 30/03/2013 at 08:08
30/03/2013 at 12:00
Well this morning i plucked up courage to run with a group. Went up to cheltenham to meet the trainer and the group and guess what?? It was cancelled!!!!!!
All that anxiety (and searching for a loo!!!!!!) For nothing!!!!
Hubby dropped me off on way home so did a 4 miler which is better than nothing as i never run on a saturday - got a very tight hamstring so had a short go on my roller.
Long run tomo but im meant to be running with a running club in the morn but im not sure if ill go - gets me anxious just thinking about it!!!! God im so stupid!!!!
Take care everyone x
Nessie
31/03/2013 at 22:13

Toby, last thing you need before a long race is stress, doesnt help the training!!! Think I will stick to my plan of London and maybe Belfast if London works ok, couldn't be bothered with the planning, long runs, food and general disruption!!!!

Nessie, stop worrying about the club, they will welcome you with open arms, the first time is always a little nerveracking but you will be fine once you get settled in.

Did 16 this morning, started in -4 temperatures but the sun soon warmed it up but the wind picked up as the run went on. It took 2:36 so really pleased, just got 12 and 8 to do on weekend runs left to do. Roll on London!!!!

01/04/2013 at 11:58
Toby im not ignoring you its just that i cant see your posts!!! I dont know why youve disappeared from my view???
I didnt go to running club for various reasons so i got my bike out for the first time in months!!! It was good to cycle again but my ears where soooooooo cold!!!!
Ran this morning intending to do 8 miles but im ashamed to say i only managed 6.35 - it was rubbish. My hamstring was tight and i was so cold even though i had my base layers on i just couldnt get warm.
Hope everyone doing better than me!!!!! Lol that wont be hard!!!
Ttfn nessie
By the way Fran where are u????
Also wonder if the any of the old gang Towner- HG-Binx - RSB etc etc ever peep in at us????
01/04/2013 at 12:01
Also meant to say my garmin worked today so used that.
Ive deleted endomondo as there were some very rude sites being flashed up when i used sometimes so i was NOT impressed with that!!!!!
Looking for another running app incase my garmin has an off day again!!!!.
Ness
Also wheres Kev???
01/04/2013 at 13:43

well last LSR run done today just 10 miles so nothing over 6miles for me now

Nessie that OK have a look to see if you've accidentally put me on your ignore list if you have that may be why you can't see my posts i'm not get the message to tell me i have a reply from this tis thread so have to keep checking in to see whats going on

01/04/2013 at 19:55

Nessie, try Strava Run!! Dont let your performance get you down, it is so difficult to perform in this weather, cold has a very detremental effect on our bodies, specially our internal organs!!!! I hope you get over your 'running club' nerves soon!!!

Well done Toby, I hope the weather improves soon, temperature wise anyway!!!!

Recovery run tomorrow night, easy 6 miles flat so hopefully the wind is kinder than today!!

01/04/2013 at 22:00
Ta Seej ill try tha one
Nessie
01/04/2013 at 22:41
Hi everyone, glad seejay and Toby have come through the training phase well and now make sure you you enjoy we'll earned tapers.

Nessie you continue to train well despite other issues, don't underestimate yourself, take care with your injuries in the cold weather and you will get good results when things warm up. Don't be worried about going to a club, most are friendly and if their not you just don't go back again.

CB glad your back out and going well.

I am in the middle of a base training programme aimed at an autumn marathon, I am having awful time during the first few miles of a run before things settle down, it,s related to tight shins but the fiz has me on a rehab programme. I must admit it's hard work and the miles are turgid but to my surprise I ran 150 miles in march, my second most highest mileage in a month, I have also got down to lowest weight since my teens , someone in a pub yesterday had to take a second look before believing it was me.

Most amazing is mrs LBB training, culminating in 20 miles yesterday in 4.23.10, hard to put into words how much progress both mentally and physically she has made. I ran 13 while she was doing last 10 and the guts she showed in the last 2 miles was admirable.

Hop everyone continues to make good progress and gets there well deserved pb's in the next few months
03/04/2013 at 08:29

Hi everyone

Great running Seejay and Toby, really glad to hear that the training is going well. Sounds like you are both following sensible plans.

Nessie, as Seejay says, sounds like you are very determined now, keep going!

LBB, 150 miles  Good to see that you and Mrs LBB are doing well. I can see you ae both very determined.

Since I last posted, I ran two further runs in March, both 5 miles and I averaged 8:40 in both! Last night was just to get the missus out and we ran 2¾ miles. I'm aiming to get out tonight and also tomorrow as well. I've got the bit between my teeth now. Not aiming for any great mileage, I just want to get out. Bristol 10k is very much my focus, not to run a great time, but just to enjoy it. I think I'll follow this up with Westonbirt 10k in June.

Have a good day everyone

03/04/2013 at 21:00

Nessie, I hope you get on ok with Strava!!

LBB, thanks for the encouragement, I will be glad when the training is all over although I do enjoy the miles as long as I am with someone. I can run it ok but it just seems to take forever!! My record is nowhere near yours, my altime best month was last month at 128 miles!!!!! I am just so impressed with your perciverence, no matter what your health or fitness throws at you , you will fight back and kick it!!!!! I think that is where Jo gets it from, I have seem her run and the determination on her face is a joy to watch, she just wont give up!!!! I hope she has a massive PB at London, she deserves it!!!!!

Chris, I will check out Westonburt now!!!! Well done, you are another with grit, you wont let it beat you and will keep fighting until you win, if I am ok after London I would love to run with you again!!!!

04/04/2013 at 08:16

Morning everyone

I managed to sneak in a short run last night, was pretty pressed for time. 3.05 miles in 26:15 (ave 8:36). Considering it's quite hilly where we live and the conditions were windy, I'm quite pleased with that. Tonight, my better half fancies a 4.65 mile route near to where we live, so I'll be doubling back, hopefully notching up 5½-5¾ miles in the process.

As I mentioned in my last post, I've no specific target or training plan for Bristol 10k, just to get the miles in for MrsCB so she's good on the day. Whatever time she gets will be a PB! I will try and get a decent time myself, just can't see me near enough to challenge my PB. As I mentioned to SeeJay yesterday, MrsCB and myself are now entered in Westonbirt 10k, for Monday 10 June. I've run it before and I thought it would be nice for my better half to run a different type of 10k to Bristol. It's a small, well organised race, limited to 700 runners, run around the trails of the Arboretum. Last time I ran it, instead of the normal medal, the finishing mementoes were a carved wooden bookmark and a small tree to plant in the garden. Just something different from the norm!

Have a great day everyone!

04/04/2013 at 22:50

Hi Chris, well done with your run and good to see Mrs CB getting out there with you!!! I did look at Westonburt and I was interested but then I was reminded about Clevedon 10K, I have been wanting to beat my time there for a few years no, first time I did it was a disaster, my hayfever kicked off and I was struggling with my breathing. So I might leave Westonburt till nest year!!! It might be a struggle for me to get home from work and then to Westonburt anyway so next year might suit as I wil be semi retired by then!!!

Well 8 miles for me tonight with the club, was actually 8.3 and it took 1:17 so well pleased considering all the running lately!! 12 planned for Sunday so hopefully it will not be as cold then, I dont want tropical, just positive figures would be nice!!!

04/04/2013 at 22:51

Another good reason is its part of the club championship!!!

05/04/2013 at 08:25

HI SeeJay, no worries at all, we all have our favourite races  I'll pencil you in for 2014! Another good recovery run for you, wish I could say the same, as you know!

Just 4.46 miles for me last night in 40:33 (ave 9:06). Was just out for a bit of a slower run with some friends. I stretched and warmed-up well, but my left hamstring tightened up gradually after about 2 miles, so I pulled over and stretched it out, same again after about 3½ miles as well. It wasn't painful, just tight and a bit restrictive.

Two questions, SeeJay thinks it may well be where I'm getting back into it, I also think it may well be that I ran 3 days on the trot, I don't normally. So what do the rest of you think?

Also, I'm a bit confused about hot & cold treatment. My understanding is that if there is inflammation, ice should be applied to reduce the swelling. Along with this goes rest, compression and elevation. However, with tightness, as I experienced last night, I've been told that heat should be applied because the muscle has contracted, The heat allows the blood to flow to reduce the tightness. Also, some gentle stretching as well to help loosen things. Is that the case in both circumastances, as I do hear lots of confusing information. I do understand things are not always as clear-cut as that, but is that the general principle in each case?

The hamstring does seem a bit easier this morning. I have stretched a bit and rollered. If it continues to ease, should I try a run tomorrow?

Thanks for taking the time to read, have a good day everyone

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.