Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,821 to 3,840 of 4,304 messages
06/04/2013 at 13:12

i have to say i feel most strange it’s a Saturday and i haven’t got to go out with O/H for a run she only had a 3 mile run today which she’s taken herself of for so I’ve had a nice lay in this morning got to say i could get use to this have a few niggles which i hope will sort them self out next week as i only have a 5 and 4 mile run left which i may do Monday and Tuesday to get them out the way then rest up till Sunday

We catch the train Friday morning and so are hoping to be able to collect our numbers on Friday afternoon and then have a good look around the Exbo

06/04/2013 at 20:01
CB - im definately no expert but i was also of the understanding that inflamation had to be cooled (RICE) and tightness needed warmth to be able to ease out the muscle.
The other guys on here will put u right though.
Well very very early start on thurs - left for heathrow before 5am taking youngest son to catch a flight to Qatar - hes been offered a job in Saudi - surveying on a massive development of about 200 skyskrapers - but first they were off to Qatar for a birthday celebration for one og the guys!!!!!! Then they fly to the capital of Saudi today to start work tomo!!!!! Exciting times for him!!!

I had a 3 mile rubbish v hilly run yest in 34.44 - felt awful struggled etc
Think i know why now -"today i feel rough terrible stiff neck - sore throat chest headache etc - up all night cos hubby poorly. Today i promised to write at dressage competition and couldnt let friend down. Then eldest lad wanted help with little granddaughter after that as hes on his own with her this weekend and he has no transport till monday!!!
Feel like a worn out dishmop at the mo so cant really see me doing LSR tomo as i havent eaten cos it makes me feel sick with cough etc
Hey ho it could be worse LOL
hope u all ok
Ttfn nessie x
09/04/2013 at 03:41

morning all

Well 5 miles done yesterday leaving just one more run till Brighton took it nice and slow and with no Garmin on as it's in my suitcase i have no idea of the time just enjoyed the run

10/04/2013 at 08:25

Morning all

Nessie, that was exactly my understanding too. SeeJay did send me a link to hot/cold treatment, but I must say the heat treatment, coupled with some good rolling and stretching has certainly helped. Try not to beat yourself up about your run, they don't always go  to plan, we don't always feel our best and you also seem to have a lot of other things going on in your life as well!

Since I was last on here, I worked really hard on my hamstring and I seem to have reaped the benefits. Saturday, I managed an undulating 4.01 miles in 33:50 (ave 8:26) and last night, exactly 6 miles in 50:17 (ave 8:23). My hamstring was fine although I did have a few twinges in my calf towards the end.

I am beginning to realise, the older I get that I seem to be prone to more tightness and twinges. I've made a mental note to stretch and roll more, even in areas where I'm not feeling any adverse effects.

Have a good day everyone, whatever you get up to!

10/04/2013 at 08:53
Cb glad u got on top of your problems.
No sunday run for me nor mon tues and definately not today either!!!!
Still laid up with this awful cold/bug thing
On the up side ive lost 4lbs since the weekend!!!!
Never felt like this before - can hardly get out of bed let alone eat!!!
Will be glad when back to normal - feel pretty exhausted by it all
Ttfn nessx
10/04/2013 at 12:13

did my last 4 mile run yesterday bags all packed ready to go we catch thetrain Friday morning

10/04/2013 at 21:54
.....quietly sneaking back on here .....
Sorry not to have posted. Work busy and running lots, so no real excuse.
Just wanted to say a massive "Good luck" to Toby who deserves the best possible experience and a whopping PB at Brighton, with all the dedication and diligence he's shown with his training......that's all from me, for now.
Lots of good wishes and fond regards to everyone xxxx
11/04/2013 at 04:27

of out for  meal tonight as it's the O/H birthday then up early Friday as we catch the train to Brighton at 9.20 am when we arrive it will be dump the bags and off down the Exbo to collect our number and sign up for next year also have a massage booked

11/04/2013 at 08:21

Nessie, I really hope you start to feel better soon. These bugs can be quite draining

Frfran, no need to sneak about  we all have other things which take priority, I should know. Just visit us when you can!

Toby, all the best for Brighton this weekend, not that you need it. You've certainly put the miles in!

Just a short and steady recovery run last night. Just aiming to run 4½-5 miles tonight. Depending on how that goes will determine Saturday's seesion.

Have a good day everyone!

13/04/2013 at 09:47
Hi all, another sheep backing in the fold!

Hope all are well.

We've being having a busy but fun time!

Quiet weekend though this time.

Kev
14/04/2013 at 20:01

evening all

well sub 4 hour achieve so new PB of 3:37:09 beating last years time by 23:19

15/04/2013 at 05:34
Knew you'd get an amazing result! REALLY WELL DONE, Toby- that time is fantastic. But nothing more than you deserve with all those training runs under your belt. Really proud of you. Xxxx
15/04/2013 at 05:36
PS Were your family running, too? If so, hope they did well also x
15/04/2013 at 15:44
Hi gang
Still cant see Toby - so how did he do?????
I managed a 3 mile run yesterday - my first run for 8 days!!!!
Rather slow but no coughing - that is until i finished the run and i havent stopped coughing since!!!!
Off for leg massage in a mo as my hamstring still tight.
Plan to run again on wednesday - may cycle tomo.
I was going to go to the pool today but just didnt feel i could face it!!!
My half next month is looking a bit dubious now!!!!
Ttfn nessie xx
16/04/2013 at 16:38
Those poor souls who were killed and maimed in Boston my heart goes out to them. God knows what its all coming to?
Whats wrong with people?
Please lets have a peaceful successful London marathon x
17/04/2013 at 08:21

Totally agree Nessie, I really hope London is a success without any incident!

Last Thursday's run ended up at just under 5 miles with me averaging 8:35. I was quite pleased with that considering I was doubling-back for the group. Saturday saw me complete a combined hill/speed work session in the rain! Sunday was a nice gentle recovery run and last night I completed another group run. 6.25 undulating miles in 55:29 (ave 8:53). Again, I did quite a bit of doubling-back.

Have a good day everyone!

17/04/2013 at 12:21

Glad to see your moving well again Chris.

Well done on your 3 miler Ness.

Nerves are ratttling in the LBB household, but she will be fine on the big day.

17/04/2013 at 12:45

been out today for my first post Brighton run did 8miles along the sea front made a nice change to be able to enjoy the view as it's the last part of the course i  don't usually have time to take it in

ffRAN Nessie can't see my post i wonder whether she's accidentally put on here ignor list could you find out for me

17/04/2013 at 19:22
Toby - will do. Hope you feel well? 8 miles as a recovery shows how solid you are.
Nessie. Check your "My Forum" - you may have accidentally marked Toby as "ignore" - just unclick? Now please don't give up on your Half yet! You'll be feeling better soon, I'm sure. Xxx
I agree about the horror of Boston. I genuinely believe this will be the safest VLM for a longtime, so am not worried about travelling up to spectate....BUT, I wouldn't let my grandchildren go!
Great running CB - what's your next target race?
LBB - are both you and your wife running London? If so, all the very best for a wonderful experience. Hope all goes as well as possible.
Seejay, hope your day also goes to plan and you have a massive PB. But most importantly, enjoy your first London - it will a fantastic experience! Unlike other marathons, it's so much about the occasion and the razzmatazz..

I've done loads of running - too much actually. 6 runs on the trot(?) in 6 days, including a very strenuous run with a group much too quick for me, a Parkrun PB, a 17miler in dire weather. Then my Monday track session- 1 mile Indian file, 4x 1k speeding up from 8min miling to 7:15mm with a pyramid to finish and then a cool down. So yesterday, I only managed a 3 mile plod instead of the usual quick 7 last night. Rest tonight as I have sore knees, surprise, surprise!

Anyway, MASSIVE PBs all!!! I'll keep a look out for you- I'm hoping to be at mile 15/22 (Marathon Talk group) with a huge Welsh flag.
Edited: 17/04/2013 at 19:26
18/04/2013 at 07:46
Oooooo i hope u all do so well at London - i will be there in spirit!!!!! Definately watching on TV - ill look out fot u all xx
Well i did just over 3 miles yesterday morn - what a struggle im just like a wornout dish mop!!!! Then in the pm i clipped horsie and that just about finished me off -LOL i must remember im not 21 anymore!!!!
Taking mum shopping today then taking her to see her Great granddaughter later aswell.
Tomo another run planned and paint the spare room now son has vacated it by going to Saudi!!!! Bit of furniture moving involved aswell !!!!
Take care everyone xx
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.