Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,841 to 3,860 of 4,249 messages
19/04/2013 at 06:57

Well  going home today due to catch the train at 10 so another year at Brighton comes to a close no time for resting though Bristol 10k on May 5th and then the Bradley stoke 10k on June the 9th which happens to be my 50th birthday

good luck to all running on Sunday be safe but above all enjoy

21/04/2013 at 21:01
Whoo hoo Seej x
Hope Mrs LBB is ok? X
Nessie
22/04/2013 at 06:40
Well done Seejay! Hope your ok after your stumble!
22/04/2013 at 08:31
Well done Seejay, sorry I didn't see you out on the course.

Unfortunately a combination of me and St. John's ambulance pulled mrs LBB out at 22 miles, she was exhausted and it was the best course of action. She is much better today although very upset, but still my hero.
22/04/2013 at 18:25
Sorry to hear that LBB. Did the heat catch her out?
22/04/2013 at 18:36
Thanks Kevin, I think so it was very hot just walking about
22/04/2013 at 18:47
Hey Mrs Lbb did fabntastic 22 miles is some achievement xx
Hope she recovrrs well x
Ness
22/04/2013 at 21:56
Thanks Ness means a lot
22/04/2013 at 22:40
Well done all at the VLM. I'm sure you are extremely proud of your very courageous wife, LBB! Tell her very well done. x
I gather from comments, that Seejay has been on the thread but now I can't see his posts- and yes, I've checked"ignore". What is going on? I've caught up with him via text so know about the fall. Seejay, you have unfinished marathon business, but I agree, it's very time consuming - do what I do and get 2 out of one lot of training?
In Oxford for a few days. Just planned a nice circular run for tomorrow.
23/04/2013 at 12:05

LLB sorry to read about Mrs LLB the daughter had the same problem with the heat at Brighton but just managed to finish hope Mrs LLB recovers soon

Seejay well don on the time

ffRAN I'm having the same problem i can't see Seejays post ether

23/04/2013 at 12:47

Thank you everyone, I cant see if either, maybe he hasn't posted - I saw his time on Facebook

23/04/2013 at 15:58
Well ive got Toby back and now lost Seej !!!!
I ran 5.2 miles on Sunday - all ok
Busy painting decorating yesterday
Rode horsie this morn - what glorious weather - too good to miss. Then took doggies for good run out for an hour or so - then back home and re -arranged the garden - furniture, pot plants , boot box etc etc - really caught the sun!!!
Planned to run tomo morn BUT just been offered job p/t for a printing firm - sooooo im going into work first thing to meet everyone and be shown the rope - so ill run later in the day.
Hope everyone ok and all marathoners are on the road to recovery!!!
Ttfn nessie x
23/04/2013 at 21:15
Not seen Seejay here.
24/04/2013 at 08:35

Morning all....I can't see SeeJay's post either! We have talked via Facebook though. Martin, I hope Jo is now fully recovered. She did so well.

Life keeps throwing obstacles towards me at the moment. Early hours of yesterday morning I received a call from my mum telling me she had severe chest pains and tingling in her arms. I immediately called an ambulance, called her neighbour and made my way over there. I got there just before the ambulance. I went with mum to the RUH while my wife followed in the car. The hospital staff stabilised her and we stayed with her until 7:00am, went home showered and changed before heading into work. I left work at 1:00pm, headed over to mum's to collect some things and made my way into hospital. Stayed with her until 4:00. From the tests run so far, it looks like a bad angina attack. She's tired but in good spirits considering. They kept her in overnight and are looking to do an angiogram today.

I felt shattered but needed some fresh air in the evening so decided to still go out for a run with friends. I managed 7.15 miles in 1:01:33 (ave. 8:37). Got home, showered and watched the football before falling sound asleep. Woke this morning and realised I hadn't eaten since Monday evening!

I'll be calling the hospital later this morning to see how mum is and whether she can come home or if she's staying in again. All this on top of packing for our house move next week. Life goes on, as they say!

24/04/2013 at 20:20
Oh CB i do hope your mum will be ok. Life is hard sometimes !!!
Its good you got out for a run the fresh air and exercise will do you nothing but good x
Im the new girl today - started new job all went well - nice people back in on friday.
Got home this pm took dog out down farm so she could run about while i did horsies - then went shopping - then went for HILLY run and ran all the way up this pig of a hill - only just over 3 miles in 35.05 mins.
Exhausted now - had a very nice Lidl pimpoms to relax with!!!!
Hope Seej and Mrs LBB are doing well
Ttfn nessie x
24/04/2013 at 20:52

My dear friends, I am so sorry for not posting, I cannot get used to posting here on my iphone and I didnt have my laptop with me. We didnt come home till Monday and was answering texts and FB messages galore as well as catching up on F1.

Anyway, Friday and Saturday went well, no hiccups, no stressful walking miles but got good views of the start and finish areas so Mrs S had seen where she would be standing and where we would meet up.

Sunday started very early, breakfast was at 5:45 as they closed the roads early and our coaches had to get in before the shut everything. We had to go in the runners village quickly because the toilets where i there but only runners allowed in. So Mrs S had to stand outside and we where looking out like POW's!!!!! Anyway the start was fine and settled in well, posting around 9:30 to 10:00 min/miles for most of the way, wuite a bit od dodging other runners and even though we where in one of the last pens loads of people where walking in the first mile and well into the race. I think many people put a totally unrealistic time on their entries but then some my be injured and doing walk/run but it didnt really help progress. It got even worse when the red and green starts joined in!!!!

Anyway things where going ok until we reached Rotherhithe, about 9 miles in, I was running behind someone with my running partner to my right and suddenly he moved to my left. I thought nothing of it as lots of people where weaving about all over the place. What I didnt know (cause I couldnt see with him in front) was that there was a mini roundabout ahead with a hump in the middle. As my right foot hit the ground early it unbalanced me, I tried to steady with my left foot but it touched the next highest bit of the hump and down I went. Luckily I didnt do much damage to me, my garmin strap broke, I hit my right knee on the ground and as I found out later I had bent my big toe back and stretched the muscle.

I immediatly lept up as I knew half of London Marathon would be bearing down so started running again, no blood through my tights on my knee, a couple of bruised nails and a broken watch strap. I settled my heart rate over the next half mile or so and then realised my watch had stopped so I restarted it only yo find it was half a mile out so that now became useless. Everything went ok again until about 17 miles when my right hip started to ache, this steadily got worse until at 20 miles I had to stop and walk/run till the end. My partner solefully looked back as I waved her to go on and she finished in 4:30, just as we had planned, I struggled in 11 minutes later in 4:41.

Not the London I had hoped for but compared to others like Mrs LBB and my workmate who sprained his ankle at 2 miles and his partner's knees gave up at 14 and they hobbled home in 6 hours, it was a reasonable effort. I am considering trying again next year as I loved the course and a determined to beat 4:30, if I dont get a ballot entry I may try the dreaded Gold Bond with Macmillan.

24/04/2013 at 21:04

Ok, now to other business! My legs are nearly recovered so will probably do a slow short run on Thursday night with the club. I will try to post some pictures on here for those not on Facebook.

Nessie, dont fret about your 10K, it will come and your mileage is good for the race distance. It is your lifestyle that is hurting you!!! 28 Hour days are not good for runners!!!! Thanks again for your encouragement at London, it did help to settle me.

Ffran, thanks for your encouragement also, it is always good to hear from you guys, we have been together a long time now!!!!

LBB, I think the heat caught a lot of people out, my mate saw a lady faint just after he passed her, I saw loads of casualties of all sorts. Totally impressed with Jo's determination, I am sure you had to drag her off the course fighting!!!!

Chris, so sorry to hear about your mother, I hope she is recovering well. I know what you mean about life, it never seems to plan its little curve balls!!!!! Well doen with your running, very impressed!!!

Toby, amazing time mate, totally well deserved, you have worked hard for it!!! Hopefully we will meet up again at Bristol for a quick catch up!!!!

I hope I havent left anyone out but if so I apologise, catch up again hopefully after Thursdays run!!!

25/04/2013 at 03:59

Seejay sorry to read thing didn't go as planed hope your feeling OK about it now

25/04/2013 at 07:33
Seej i hope youll be ok for run today - sorry to fuss but do u think its not a tadge too soon?????? Its the after effects of running too soon after a mara that worries me - could you not walk and try a short gentle run next week???? Ok nurse nessie finished fussing now!!!
LBB hows mrs lbb doing? I know she must be gutted to have to pull out but 22 miles is AWSOME ( remember i do know as i struggled so hard at loch ness!!!) Give her a hug from me x
Cb hope mum is home soon
Hi Toby i can now see u - hope all is well
Busy month for me next month - im in for bristol 10k - tewkesbury half then 10k trailblazer in FOD !!! Phew i cant believe ive entered all that - really worried about half cos i had to miss training due to being poorly for a couple of weeks.
Hope everyone ok
Ttfn nessie x
25/04/2013 at 13:05

Hope everything is ok with your Mum Chris.

Seejay well done, still a fantastic time in those condtions even without all the issues you suffered along the way. 

All, thanks for your concern, Mrs LBB is recovering although still quite emotional if we discuss the VLM letters.  She has had so many positive comments from everyone she has met in person and online and unfortunately she is the only one who doesn't understand the magnitude of her achievements.  She is going to start exercising again on Sunday with either a short run or an hours bootcamp. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.