3,861 to 3,880 of 4,310 messages
25/04/2013 at 13:43
LBB - she will realise , it will just take time x
25/04/2013 at 13:49
This morn has flown by -
Pool workout first thing
Dogs exercised over farm fields
Horses fed hayed watered etc
Dashed to see afriend who i hope i can help out regarding possiblexwork for her.
Now going to shower get changed into none horsey smelling garments and dash over to son's place to babysit my gorgeous little grandaughter!!!!
Run tomo prob after work
Ness x
26/04/2013 at 08:17

LBB, I totally agree with Nessie. In time Jo will realise how much she achieved and will understand that the conditions were against her and many others. I know I would have suffered.

Well, mum is still in hospital  She's been transferred to the Cardiac Ward now and is still awaiting her angiogram. She's been told there is there slightest chance it may be today, but if not it will be early next week. She's none too pleased at having to wait, bless her, but I tell her not to upset herself, she's in the right place and we want her home well! Hospital visits,trying to keep her spirits up, keeping everyone else informed, packing to move and trying to run as well is certainly taking it's toll......I forgot, I'm trying to cram work in as well

Anyway, after Tuesday's run, I managed 4 miles last night which included Jack 'n' Jill Hill in Kilmersdon in 35:23 ( ave 8:51). I'll try and fit another run in tomorrow. It's the only thing keeping me sane at the moment!

Well, let's see what today and the rest of the weekend brings. have a good one everyone, whateer you get up to!

27/04/2013 at 06:50

Morning all

Did some cross training yesterday well if you can count cutting the grass and hedge for the first this year what with all the extra training runs with Poohbear just haven’t had the time to get out there

which did mean i never went for a run which is quite alien as you could count the Fridays  on one hand that I’ve not run this year must say it was nice to be able to miss a run and not feel guilty about it

of to bed in a minute as I’ve just got in from work had stock take last night  when i get up will then go out withthe wife (Poohbear) for a 6 mile run

28/04/2013 at 12:55

Afternoon all

Well should have been 6 miles yesterday with Poohbear but in the end we cut it short and did 4.75 as both of us were feeling tired i never got home from work until 6.30am Saturday morning after spending all night counting as it was out stock take and Poohbear first gym session on Wednesday with a PT caught up with her as muscles she never knew she had were hurting

won’t be doing a lot of running this week as we have the Bristol 10k next Sunday so it’s a mini taper week will go out Monday and do 8 miles but then it will just be a couple of 3’s the intention after that will be to try and do at least a 10, 8 and two 5’s a week up until training for the Bristol H/M starts

28/04/2013 at 18:24

Evening all. 7 hr football tournament today so feeling cream crackered now!

29/04/2013 at 07:25

Actually caught the sun yesterday - my face is glowing!

Lovely day.

VLM Ballott open today for those who are interested. 

29/04/2013 at 22:52

CB - so concerned to hear how poorly your Mum has been - hope she's home soon. It's so hard on a family with all the worry  of a loved one in hospital. And real life going on, too! Good on you for getting out on a stress- busting run.

LBB - hope your wife feels better soon- she will reflect on her achievement with pride soon, I'm sure.

Seejay - did you get your ballot entry in? Thought you'd  have unfinished business with VLM . Just think....if it all goes right -You'd do a stormer!

Kev- I got 2nd degree burns on my nose last week in Oxford, only 23deg but SO unused to sunshine. I'd packed mostly Winter clothing but we were in shorts and vests. My daily  runs were fab- all around perimeter of Blenheimthen Oxford Parkrun Saturday. Blistered nose frightened the natives.

Ness - cant believe you have a job on top of everything else! how on earth do you do it? You, my girl, are a force of nature!

Toby, so pleased to hear your recovery is going to plan -like your training. Your wife sound on form, too.

VLM limit reached after 12 hours - it apparently opened around 3am. I'm gutted as they've announced the GFA times for 2014 and although  they've made some times easier, my banding time has been lowered by 15 mins!!! Sort of upset but worse things could happen as CB could verify. Will just have to run faster! 

30/04/2013 at 07:16

Blenheim Palace is nice ffRAN - we stayed there once on a NFoL caravan rally.

This weather is lovely. Walking to the train this morning - couldn't Help thinking 'roll on tonight for a run'. 

30/04/2013 at 12:46

Afternoon all

have to say am feeling run down and worn out this week did 10 miles yesterday and felt total drained so am having a rest day today will do a 3 mile tomorrow then rest up until Sundays race so much for doing 2x5 an and 10 up until the training for the Bristol H/M starts we sat down and worked it out Sunday and the plan starts next week

i entered the ballot for the 3rd year but i not holding my breath as i don’t seem to have much luck in that regard i would Like to run London once just to say I’ve done it then i really not fussed about entering again

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 12:49
30/04/2013 at 17:21

Toby - rest!!!!!

I'm getting over losing my guaranteed place at London for next year and am contemplating some very exotic location running for next year instead. Will keep Boston in mind but will be massively over-subscribed when the ballot opens in September. 

Gorgeous day here- totally dressed for Summer, but no run for me - off to Mid-Wales for birthday bash. 

30/04/2013 at 21:25

Yes  Toby - REST!!!!  Think youve been overdoingit so try to slow down and have a few easy days.

Hi kev

Yes Fran things pretty manic now im back working

Ran sunday but hamstring sore - ran today still sore

Will go to pool tomo eve for workout so hope that helps???

Take care everyone nessie x

01/05/2013 at 04:15

will do just an easy 3 for me today

01/05/2013 at 08:47

Quck update......Mum's still in hospital with no sign of the angiogram being carried out in the near future. My life at the moment revolves around work, hospital visits and packing to move this Saturday......all before Bristol 10K on Sunday! I'm still managing to fit in running, if only to take my mind off of things! I really do feel it's one day at a time. Hopefully things will all sort themselves out in the coming weeks. I hope you're all well.

04/05/2013 at 19:51

Good luck for tomorrow CBXxx

04/05/2013 at 20:55

Evening all

well race gear shorted number pin on and timing chip through the shoes laces will be up at 6 tomorrow have breakfast about 6.30 and out the door by 7am like to get there early and bet the queue for the loos

I'm in with the big boys tomorrow white wave never been in the white wave before I’m normal red or green should be good for a laugh trying to keep up with some of them tomorrow

04/05/2013 at 22:31

Oh good luck Toby too!

05/05/2013 at 07:07

Hi everyone

Busy week - walked to my pool workout session on wednesday eve - 30 mins then 45 min workout.

Thurs 60 min fast walk with dog along canal (in my trail shoes so i can get used to them ready for 26th!!!)

Friday at 6o'clock in the morn !!!! Ran the 3 mile HILLY route before work!!! 

Yesterday walked round Badminton for hours!!! Lol got home exhausted -apart from the dressage there was a lot of shopping to be done !!! Lol

Just having brekkie now the get ready to leave for Bristol 10k !!!

Good luck CB and Toby hope u do well - very impressive u in the white wave!!! Im still at the back - lol guess i always will be!!!

Ttfn nessie x

05/05/2013 at 08:53

Good luck to everyone at the 10k today, long slow run for mr

05/05/2013 at 13:05

Hope u all did well at Bristol 10k

Im gutted as i had to have loo stop halfway round - there were only  2 loos there and 8 people in front of me!!!

Sooooo will have to wait for chip time as Garmin broken so i guess itll be rubbish again - hamstring wasnt too bad going round but rather tight now.

Hey ho never mind - home - showered and drinking cold dry wwhite wine now LOL (purely medicinal)

Ttfn nessie x

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.