Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,881 to 3,900 of 4,328 messages
05/05/2013 at 14:08

Afternoon all

well Bristol 10k done and dusted an i am now the proud owner of a new PB according to my Gamin getting around in 46:16 taking 3:08 of the time i set at Longleat early this year a beautiful day for running sun was out but the was a nice cooling breeze at times

Split wise 7:33, 7:32, 7:26, 7:27, 7:17, 7:01 with an overall pace of 7:20m/m

05/05/2013 at 15:12

Wow Toby thats fantastic - well done.

05/05/2013 at 17:41

Hi everyone, apologies again!! I have had a quick scan back through but cant really remember everything that has happened but will try!!!

Ffran, apparantly there is a petition started to get VLM to drop ths years GFA times for a more favourable system. Have a look on www.avaaz.org it may help but certainly wont do any harm and yes I have unfinished business and got a ballot entry so now the long wait until October. I may consider a charity place as an alternative!!!

Toby, well done on todays race, amazing splits on an amazing day!!!!

Nessie, so great to see you today, you where looking ok when i saw you but I suppose a little behind time, results are out now!!!

Chris, so good to see you and Lisa today, I totally forgot ot ask how the move went and how you mother was!!!!

LBB, I hope Jo can get a rematch to exorcise that demon and get her pb, a whole year to train and work at it!!!!

Well I did Bristol today, I had been given a target time of 53 minutes for the club championship but our racemaster and I thought on recent form I would struggle to do 56. I started with Chris and a lady from the club and very quickly Chris set into a good quick pace so we lost him. After a couple of miles my running partner thought I was itching to run and I must admit it was difficult to maintain the slow pace so by her command I left her to run my race. I settled into a pace I thought was comfortable and not too telling and it felt good and very comfortable. As I was coming off the Portway I checked my pace and could not believe I was running at 7:42 a  mile and thought I am never going to kep that up. The rest of the race was just more of the same and the only uncomfortable thing was my breathing and that was purely because of the pace. I crosssed the line with my usual sprint in 51:20, so pleased!!!

My splits where 8:36, 8:55, 8:14, 8:00, 7:47, 7:40 and the last 1/3 mile was 7:16 pace!!! A good days work I thought and still got a smile on my face!!!!

05/05/2013 at 17:42

Oh, according to the results I was 20th in my category out of 142!!!

05/05/2013 at 21:54

Sounds like some great racing going on today.

Seejay, jo seems to have her mojo back now, she has picked up the pace and ran 8 today, the first 10k was faster than what she achieved at bristol in 2012 And far faster than anything she achieved during marathon cut raining.

05/05/2013 at 23:24

Seejay sounds like you had a good run as well

06/05/2013 at 13:45

afternoon all

rest day today then my training plan for the Bristol H/M starts tomorrow the aim is to try and ues it to get my training pace down to 8:00 m/m pace by the time the race Happens in September

06/05/2013 at 22:09

LBB, I am so pleased it went the right way for Jo, sometimes it can put people off running completely but she sounds like she has really got the bit between her teeth!!!!

Thanks Toby, you have been doing some immense mileage this year and it seems to be paying dividends!!!! No problems with my knees or legs today so really impressed. Going to try a towpath 10K on Friday, its part of the club competition so fingers crossed!!!!

06/05/2013 at 22:10

Oh and also I have entered a new 10K, Chew Valley on the 16th June, from what I can tell its got one little hill in it but flat other than that. Just wanted to support a local race, all proceeds in aid of the Bishops Sutton Primary School.

07/05/2013 at 11:58

well Bristol H/M training starts today with 3x3 miles this week with a 5 on Saturday i will be following my marathon training plan but have halved the distance of all the runs

08/05/2013 at 09:02

Sorry I've not had the chance to trawl back through the posts, as you've probably gathered, things have been pretty hectic at CB Headquarters recently!

Mum - After just over 2 weeks in the RUH, Mum finally had her angiogram yesterday. It's been confirmed as angina and should be controlled using medication alone. She wasn't too great last night. I think the procedure took a lot out of her. But the main thing is she can now come home. Hopefully that will be today or tomorrow at the very latest.

House move - We moved into our new place on Saturday. What with Bristol 10K, visiting Mum and generally trying to keep on top of things, we haven't quite finished yet. There's still a lot of unpacking to do and we only just managed to get the 3 piece suite in last night!

Bristol 10K - Was really good to see you again Colin. Brilliant spotting by Lisa of your reflection in the dome! Was good to finally meet David after all this time. As you all know, the plan for me was just to get round. I never thought I had it in me to get anywhere near my PB, so I decided to take it steady, as Colin also intended. We started running together but I soon got into my stride. I soon realised I had the makings of a good run and had I known how good, I maybe could have pushed it more. My chip and garmin times were the same, 49:22, just 25 seconds off of my PB! My splits were 8:06, 7:49, 8:05, 7:53, 7:58, 7.39 and 6:52 pace for the final ¼ mile! I really did surprise myself and know that with the right training I can do this! A steady 4.13 mile recovery run was completed last night.

I hope you're all well and hopefully, as far as I am concerned, normal service can now be resumed!

08/05/2013 at 12:44

afternoon all

well had a slight miscalculation yesterday ran up to meet the wife for dinner yesterday was convinced it was about 3 miles so there and back 6 Ok more than the 3 i was supposed to do but could of counted it as my long run

turn out to be 4.5 miles so with running back afterwards ended up doing 9

10/05/2013 at 11:45

morning all

well weight wise am now staying perrty much constant going between 10st 6.5lbs and 10st 08lbs most weeks training for the Bristol H/M started this week and i must say it feel odd as the longest run i have is an 11 mile one after all the high mileage i was doing

lots of lovly 3's and 4's

11/05/2013 at 07:26

CB hope your mum is hom now and on the men. Well done on bristol 10k - pty i didnt get to meet you all- mayb next year !!! Lol

TToby well done on weight - I know how hard this is im always struggling wth mine

Things here even more hectic now im working but managed to fit in pool session - dog walks - road run - trail run an the al important lg massage as hamstring really playing up!!!

Oh and also decorating!!!! God im so tired but hey ho its got to b done.

Plannng 9 mils tomo as i hav a half mara next weekend and a trail run th folowng one - this is if leg holds out!!!

TTake care ttfn nessie x

11/05/2013 at 08:01

Morning all

Well, Mum finally came home on Wednesday. The stay in hospital has knocked her back and hopefully we can restore her confidence sooner rather than later.  She has angina and some heart disease, although the consultant didn't seem overly concerned considering Mum's age.

On the running front, I didn't realise you we're there Nessie! I hope your hamstring behaves itself. I know how that feels as well as having everything else going on in your life! Would have been great to say hello. Since Bristol, I've managed 3 runs, 4.13, 2.52 and 4.75 miles. I'm planning on running the cycle path from Wellow out towards Midford tomorrow, joing the new Two Tunnels cycle path and heading underground! Should be about 6-7 miles! SeeJay and I have also pencilled in a training run towards the end of the month!

Have a good weekend everyone, whatever you get up to!

11/05/2013 at 18:55

evening all

well back from Yvonne's had a great run she took us to one of the local parks have to say it made a nice change from pounding the streets

CB glad to hear your mums finally home i knock what you mean about knocking their confidence my mum took a tumble a while back and it took ages for her to get her confidence back

12/05/2013 at 13:18

Morning everyone

My 9 mile run this morn wasnt so great - i dint feel too grand as tum playing up!!!! (And leg didnt help)

Ran the first 5 miles ok then i just couldnt go on so i nearly called hubby out to get me but i dcided to just walk back home for the last 4 miles!!!! Felt pretty awful but i heard a cuckoo while i was out and i got home in one piece!!!!

Hope everyone ok ttfn ness x

12/05/2013 at 19:19

Well as if we havent got enough to worry about - apparently two blokes in a blue corsa have tried to snatch women runners in a couple of villages only 3 miles away from me!!!!

Whats wrong with people???? Why cant we be just lefft alone to get on with gettinv fit and enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside???

I find getting out for a run stressful enough sometimes without this added worry!!!

You all take care out there espesially the girlies - ness x

13/05/2013 at 04:20

Nessie you be careful out there

13/05/2013 at 08:53

Thanks Toby!

Hi Nessie, sorry to hear your run didn't go as planned. We all have days like that from time to time. Unbelievable to hear about that, it is indeed a very sick and sad world we live in at times. Whereabouts did that happen?

I ran 6¼ miles yesterday, starting on the cycle path at Wellow. We ran out towards Midford where we joined the new Two Tunnels Greenway cycle path. The plan was to then run the entire length of Combe Down tunnel at just over a mile long, which would have seen the total run at about 7½ miles. Unfortunately my training partner had a calf problem partway through the tunnel so we turned back. I can highly recommend the route and will try it again very soon!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.