Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,901 to 3,920 of 4,249 messages
13/05/2013 at 21:15

CB - it was on the Wotton to Nibley road and also at Wickwar. Very upsetting i feel quite freaked out!!!

You all take care x

14/05/2013 at 04:50

well never got out for a run yesterday over slept and then by the time i got back from my weight watchers meeting had a shower i just had enough time to eat dinner before i had to be in work for a training course so another 12.5 hour night for me last night

cold not getting any better so i have a feeling there will be no running this week just resting up but will see how i feel when i get up

15/05/2013 at 16:16

Afternoon all

pops head in to say hello well no running for me this week so far this cold has hit me for six i think my bodies finally said enough, enough i need a rest so cop this if you won't rest i make you

18/05/2013 at 08:57

Hi all. 

Glad to hear Mum out of hospital CB. 

Lovely weekend ahead!

kev 

20/05/2013 at 12:06

Afternoon all

well after no running for a week i may well venture out for a run today  felt really strange last week i think that must be the first whole week i haven’t run at least once

so looking forward to getting back out there just a shame the weathers turn

20/05/2013 at 17:12

Afternoon all

well got out for a run today 8 miles done and dusted in 1:12:41 so that’s 4 for this week and 4 that i missed last week must say it felt good to be out running again

20/05/2013 at 21:14

Hi all and hope everyone ok.

Toby. Sorry you haven't been well. Not surprised the body has protested. You've given it a hammering the last year and its treated you well with all those super duper races and PBs. Glad you've rested, recharged batteries and getting back out there. 

Well all very quiet on here, but I'm sure we all want to wish our lovely friend, Nessie, a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! And a special one at that. Much love my darling xxxxxx

20/05/2013 at 21:52

Just read back a page. CB glad your Mum is out if hospital - hope she's on the mend. 

Nessie - did you do your race at the weekend ? 

20/05/2013 at 22:26

Hi Fran and everyone - no race on sundayv- hamstring def not up for a half mara!!!! Off to sports massage lady again tomo night and i will def limp round my FOD trail run on sunday coming as its only a 10k - so hope i can manage that!!!

Toby glad to hear u are better and back out running

Hi Kev x

Well ive had a very lazy day for my birthday and very naughty (foodwise!!!) But as i am now officially an OAP - i have decided to grow old disgracefully!!!! LOL

Ttfn nessie x

20/05/2013 at 23:11

Before today is over i wanted to decide on my challenge for my 60th year - soooooo here goes!!!

This Sept i will do Loch Ness marathon again in the hopes ofcbeating my previous rubbish tiime - PLUS after a day or twos rest i will cycle from Inverness to Fort William (approx 66 miles)

This challenge will be for MIND the mental health charity and for Cancer Research - my wonderful back up team (ie my hubby) will set up a donation page online if over the next few months you or anyone you know wish to donate???

Ta ever so Nessie x

21/05/2013 at 04:19

Nessie a belated happy birthday what a great set of challenges to set your self fair play to you

21/05/2013 at 06:58

Thanks Toby had a lovely day.

Yes i felt i aught to do something to mark my 60th and sometimes i feel i dont do enough for others - so this is my way of hopefully doing 'my bit'????

Cheers ness x

22/05/2013 at 08:59

Morning all

Sorry I've not been here for a while and thanks for all the goodwill messages about Mum. She's not too bad, picked up a bit of a virus in hospital and I think the whole experience has knocked her confidence and general wellbeing, but hopefully we're getting her back where she needs to be.

Since I last posted I've managed 5 runs varying between 4 and 8½ miles with my pace being fairly consistent between 8:37 and 8:54. No niggles either, so fingers crossed on that score.

Hopefully, you're all good and we'll catch up soon!

Edited: 22/05/2013 at 08:59
23/05/2013 at 03:26

Morning all

another 6 miles for me yesterday i was going to do the on the treadmill as a recovery run but it was so nice outside i went out for a run instead rest day today with 13 to on Friday with that and what i've done this week so far means I would have made up all the runs i missed last week

24/05/2013 at 17:04

Afternoon all

14 miles for me today i was going to have ago at 20 but have to say i struggled from the word go and got to mile 13 and just couldn't face another 7 i seemed such along way which is daft after all the training runs for Brighton and that was only just over a month ago

26/05/2013 at 15:21

Good going Toby.

Well today we set off for my first tail run in THE Forest of Dean organized by RW - we thought the traffic was very quiet and when we got there the tents were empty - rails and rubbish stacked up ???? The big event was yesterday!!!!

Senior moment or what????

Still, i had a nice quiet run through woods with little JR and hubby and rottie had nice amble. Both doggies had a good swim aswell!!!

Hope everyone had good (successfu)l weekend?

Going to get ready for wedding party tonight - new dress to wear yippee

Ttfn nessie x

26/05/2013 at 22:05

Hi Guys, I dont know what is happening lately, maybe its because I post so much on Facebook I forget about this little page. I will definately try to post more. Well it certainly loks like everyone is still busy running which is good, of course there is the odd one that turns up a day late for a race but then I think we all expected it to happen some time or another!!! Sorry Nessie I had to have a little fun!!! Well done getting out there anyway and giving it a go!!!!

Chris, I am so glad your mother is home, my father had angina for years and the only reason he isnt here now is because he didnt listen to his body or his doctor!!!!! Make sure mother does exactly as she is told and she can have a reasonably full and active life. Have you settled into your new house yet? I suppose you still have loads of boxes still not unpacked yet!!!!!

Toby, sorry to hear you are suffering, I have heard that people who get this latest bug can suffer for some time before it goes away, hopefully it will sort itself out quickly!!!

Ffran, good to hear from you, hopefully we will meet again at Swansea this year!!!!

Well I did my first Park run a week ago yestrerday in Ashton Court, it was a really tough race but now I have set a time I must try to beat it. There is one long hill up and then an exciting race down again, at times I was clocking under 6 min/ml but it was thanks to gravity rather than my natural pace!!!! I have also done a race in the GWR Towpath series, a 10K that goes down the Portway but along the Towpath. I managed to clock 49:18, next one I will be going head to head with a younger lady from the club who has the same 10K pb as me, its a grudge match to not only get under 48:00 but for me to beat her. Obviously she wants to beat me so it may have to be a little tactical!!!!!

My wife and I went down Cornwall last week with friends to Mullion, I did two runs there, first one was along the Mullion to Lizard road which is a little undulating but it was very windy. Apart from the cars being a little hairy at times I enjoyed the run and finished 8.08 in 1:11, on the thursday I decided not to risk the cars again so did a shorter but faster run past RNAS Culdrose, it was even more undulating and windy but I still managed 4.03 in 33:33. All this with far too much food and drink to be good for a runner!!!! This morning as punishment I did a boring but quick run down the Portway, it was 8.09 in 1:06, the weather was perfect and if I had been on better form it could have been quicker. At the moment i am suffering with hay fever, the effect on my running is it makes my breathing more laboured and harder so eventually my heartrate goes up and I burn our quicker. Hopefully it wont last as long as usual!!!!!

30/05/2013 at 04:22

morning all

4 miles for me yesterday have too say i could get used to these short runs it was all done and dusted in just over 33 minutes

30/05/2013 at 08:49

Morning everyone  Been a while since I last posted, but I've not forgotten you all!

SeeJay, Mum is slowly recovering having picked up a nasty virus in hospital and then developing a bladder infection. She's on antibiotics now and on the right road. The hardest part is trying to convince her she'll be alright again, but we're getting there. We're settled now thanks and all is unpacked that needs to be. Still some boxes left unopened and I think that's the way it's going to stay for the foreseeable future. Glad to hear you had a good time on The Lizard. One of my favourite places in Cornwall. Many a peaceful day spent at Kynance, Gunwalloe, Poldhu and Church coves! A friend of mine from school is also a helicopter instructor from RNAS Culdrose.

Nessie, I really do not know what to say about your Forest of Dean story. I know us runners all fear getting to the start line a bit late, but 24 hours must be a record! As SeeJay says, at least you made the best of it

Toby, the short runs will do you good after all the miles you've recorded over the last few months!

Well, since I last posted I've managed 4 runs, 3 of which were between 5.32 and 6.65 miles (about 9 min pace) and last night I ran exactly 6 miles at 8:03 pace. I'm certainly feeling that one this morning and a nice steady recovery run is going to be the order of the day.

Have a good day and weekend everyone. Post again soon!

Edited: 30/05/2013 at 08:55
31/05/2013 at 19:11

Afternoon all

Well what wonderful weather it was so nice i decided to just run till I’d had enough which turn out to be 16.5 miles before my legs said enough, enough and i had to run walk the last mile home so it turn out to be 17.5 miles all in all

wasn’t worried about the time or pace today as it was too hot to really go it

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.