Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,921 to 3,940 of 4,249 messages
31/05/2013 at 22:58

Well done Toby and CB on your runs.

Ive done a cycle - pool session and 3 runs this week so far.

Today was an off road run round fields and through woods which was pretty muddy!!! Dont know who need a shower more when i got home - me or the dog!!!!

Enjoy the good weather this weekend

Ttfn nessie x

01/06/2013 at 20:18

Hi all, well since my last post I have gone into semi retirement, I have finished at the Helicopter Unit and will have a month to get some work done round the house and then look for a part time job. I have taken my company pension so I have some income and it means I dont have to be too fussy with whatever I get. I did Ashton Court Parkrun again this morning but it was not as quick as last one, I had done a hill run on thursday and it may have taken too much out of me but I suspect it was more the hayfever. Breathing was a real struggle, I did slow a little and it felt better but I had lost some seconds which I couldnt pull back. Next time I will be more prepared!!! My Garmin said 24:43 and I was lower placed but I suspect that was because there where more younger runners there.

Anyway,well done Chris, I do hope you are totally on the mend, I will get back to you with a date for a get together at Bitton, anyone will be welcome to join us!!!!

Toby, lets hope your little break will get you back on form again!!

Well done Nessie, at least you are still getting out and about but just please be careful out there!!!

03/06/2013 at 14:29

10 miles for me today got around in 1:27:22 which is 8:31 m/m must start a taper now though as we have the Bradly stoke 10k on Sunday so i will just do a couple of small runs this week now

Seejay enjoy your semi retirement

05/06/2013 at 17:33

Evening all. 

Just back fon holidays in France and back to this lovely weather - so all good!

kev

06/06/2013 at 07:10

Morning. Lovely day again! 

06/06/2013 at 12:58

Afternoon all

well just a little 2 miles for me today then what fancy mileage wise tomorrow

Kev hope you enjoyed your holiday

06/06/2013 at 21:12

Kev hope the hol was a good one?

Ive run - walked - pool workout this week so far. Tomo morn another run and cycle tomo aswel. Lsr sunday then marathon/cycle training plan starts in ernest next week!!!

Looks like ill be busy as mums husband in hospital now. Alays something hey???

Enjoy the weather everyone

Ttfn ness x

07/06/2013 at 04:01

morning all

well not shore what to do today we the Bradly Stoke 10k on Sunday so realistically i should just do a short run but I'm going to see how i feel when i get up

Nessie busy as always i see how do you fit it all in

08/06/2013 at 17:38

Hi Ness - hope Mum gets better soon.

Looking forward to tonight - I bought a fire pit today so looking forward to a BBQ and a good chat around the pit later.

Hope you are all able to enjoy this weather.

08/06/2013 at 23:12

Evening! BBQ done - chilling now!

10/06/2013 at 15:00

morning all

ran the Bradley Stoke 10k  yesterday no PB for me as I ran with the O/H as pace maker we were going for 1:10:00 but as O/H  wasn't feeling 100% we got around in the end in 1:12:49 still a P/B for her knocking 4.5 minutes of her time

I've just been out for a run 10 miles today got around in 1:24:17 which is an Avg pace of 8:17 there were a couple of 7min + miles in there so the training pace is going in the right direction

weight wise not a good week last week put on 2lbs but as it was my 50th Birthday this weekend not to worried will have to pull it back this week

LLB nice to meet you yesterday

Edited: 10/06/2013 at 15:02
10/06/2013 at 21:43

Hi everyone, firstly, does anyone want a place at Swansea 10K for a tenner??? I booked it ages ago and now find I cant run it!!! Really annoyed as I love running Swansea.

Kev, hope it was a good one and good to have you back again. Definately been BBQ weather lately.

Nessie, as Toby says you seem to be busy as ever yet still managing some runs!! I do hope your mum's hubby gets better soon.

Toby, sounds like you are still on form, birthdays are a bugger when you are dieting!!

Well I know lots of people say it but I must agree, I dont know how I managed to fit in a full time job, my ass doesnt hit the seat and I get up at the same time as normal every morning so it is a long day. I have a busy running week this week as well, Clevedon 10K Tuesday night, Towpath 10K on Friday night and Chew Valley 10K on Sunday morning!!!!!!! I hope the forecast rain goes away before the starts!!!!!

11/06/2013 at 08:55

Morning everyone, hope you're all good.

SeeJay, shame about Swansea, I know it's one of your favourites.

Toby, good running.

Nessie, as you say, always something. Hope your mother-in-law improves soon.

Kev, as SeeJay says, good to have you back.

Seems like ages since I last posted on here. Fingers crossed, the running seems more consistent now. I've managed 5 runs so far this month and ran Westonbirt 10k last night in 49:21 (garmin time). I've not seen the gun or chip times yet, but that was 1 second faster than Bristol10k last month and only 32 seconds slower than my PB! Considering last night was more of a trail run, I'm pretty pleased with the time......Was good to catch up the LBB again as well!

Hoping to get away to Cornwall next week camping and aiming to get some coastal runs in as well.

Catch up again soon!

11/06/2013 at 16:06

Afternoon all

Just 5 miles for me today again i had ago at maintain a sub 8m/m pace did alright for the first 3 all coming in at around the 7:51 mark the next 2 weren’t too bad having an 8:14 and an 8:06 this did how mean that the Avg pace was 8:03 still long time to go yet and it’s a good start

Having said there would be no more PB attempts this year i have now decided to have a pop at my time when i run Cricklade in October

13/06/2013 at 04:11

no running for me yesterday had a rest day will have to get up a little earlier today to fit my run in before i go back to the dentist to have the second filling done

13/06/2013 at 19:22

Cheers guys!

Evening all.

Working from home again tomorrow so another morning plod planned - much easier doing a run a 07:30 than after a 13hour day!

Edited: 13/06/2013 at 19:22
14/06/2013 at 04:50

just 3 miles for me yesterday and to make shore i got them done it was get out of bed and straight out the door as i had to go to the dentist later oh joy

Had have to have another go at a PB as i got my weight watcher leader into to this running lark she had never run before so back last January i gave the couch to 30 minute plan my wife used when she started

my Leader ran the Bradly Stoke 10k last Sunday her first and is now on about taking me on for pace next year when she runs it again and she also going to enter the Bristol H/M next year

so i need to keep on top of my game

14/06/2013 at 19:30

Evening all

well got this month’s 20 mile run done but have to say i hit the wall at mile 13 and had a little walk and big time at just under 18 so i ended up run walking the last two the whole thing took me 3:18:18 with an Avg pace of 9:53 so a lot of work need there

15/06/2013 at 20:25

Evening all. 

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there. 

15/06/2013 at 21:53

Quick update on this weeks running, firstly Clevedon, what an amazing turn out from Southville Running Club and a great night for running although a little warm there was a breeze to help the temperatures. Anyway as usual my hay-fever was giving me breathing problems so I was sort of pacing myself but yet trying to get a good time under 49:20 which was the club target for me. Tough race but managed a little sprint at the end to finish in 49:09. Towpath was next, such a change in weather, during the day blue skies and bright warm sunshine and within an hour it was overcast and threatening rain!!!! The rain pretty much stayed away and my watch managed to keep going all the way but yet again my breathing was giving me problems, my lungs where aching and sore but I pushed on, had to ease back to recover once or twice and was never so glad to see the final 500 metres of a race in my life. I tried to sprint the last 100 but had to slow the last 50 as my legs started to give way. Still I managed to better Clevedon and finished in 48:31, 23 secs outside my pb. I am happy with the run because if I can do that loaded with hay-fever what can I do when the season is over????? Anyway, Chew Valley tomorrow but that will be at a much more sedate pace, no race, just survive as there is a big hill near the end, I will report back tomorrow hopefully. I hope all you dads have a great day tomorrow.

Toby, I see you are still clocking the miles but don't worry about the wall, its just you might be a little run down with all the running you have been doing but I am sure your pace will come back shortly.

Chris, Yes I am gutted about Swansea, it is a really fast race with good pacers and great support pretty much all the way round, I will miss it this year. I hope my sister appreciates what I am doing for her 60th birthday!!!!! Good running from you as usual, I am so pleased your recovery is going so well!! I wonder when it goes from recovery to just moving on??????

Nessie, I hope mum is ok and you are still managing to get out running!!

Ffran, I hope all is well.

LBB I think is doing lots of core work so should be a much stronger runner before long!!!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.