Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

3,961 to 3,980 of 4,293 messages
30/06/2013 at 20:43

Well im afraid run didnt happen this morn - still felt sick and no appetite so i knew i wouldnt manage it.

Did manage a 13 mile cycle this pm but im feeling pretty tired now - soooooo lets see what next week brings???

Ttfn ness x

01/07/2013 at 03:56

Nessie hope you feel better soon

01/07/2013 at 08:42

Get well soon Nessie!

01/07/2013 at 10:56

Thanks Guys

Managed a 4 mile walk along canal early this morn with dog. The weather was too lovely to waste!!! Beautifully quiet with swans floating by and sun shining.

Also managed some toast sooooo fingers crossed!!!!

Nessie x 

03/07/2013 at 03:27

morning all

well just a little 3 miles for me yesterday as i ran out of time took me 24:11 pleased with the splits as they were all in the 7's only just but good enough for what I'm aiming for at Brighton next year just need to build on it now and be able to keep it going for longer

03/07/2013 at 08:31

Have been out a quite a few times over the last week. Last night I ran 5.07 miles in 42:09 (ave 8:19). Very pleased with that considering there is a very sharp ascent just before halfway.

Just before we started out last night a guy and his dog (fellow runners) asked if he could take our picture. Him and his dog are running at least 10k a day for every day this year for charity. Their facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/10kX365 Anyway, here's the photo:

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/311878/gallery/1044198_486766611408418_37594300_n.jpg?width=350

Have a good day everyone!

Edited: 03/07/2013 at 08:31
05/07/2013 at 08:12

6.25 miles for me last night in 51:55 (ave 8:18). A good run in the sun. Well, heading off caming in Dorset later this afternoon for 3 nights. Hopefully should see some sun and get a couple of runs in as well. Hope you're all ok!

07/07/2013 at 08:02

Morning all

went out Saturday morning with my wife we ran down to her weight watchers meeting which was 2 miles and weighed before heading off to do a 6 i have a feeling my training with my wife going to be a lot tougher next year for Brighton as she now run most if not all of her runs now instead of run walking like she use to

by the time we got home we had just enough time to have a bit to eat before heading out the door as my wife was doing the race for life with her sister they had opted to do the 10k race this year but were walking it it was so hot i decided to take small bottles of water in a cool bag with ice packs in them to keep them cool

just as well i did as my wifes sister was struggling in the heat just before half way when i saw them for the second time and one of the cool pack ended up keeping her cool instead of the water after i had moved again and meet them for the third time i walked with them acting as a mobile water station glad to report that they both made it around safely although i have to say my wife although her legs were a little stiff never really had a problem

Hence another reason i get the feeling my training with her for Brighton’s going to be a lot tougher next year

07/07/2013 at 17:53

Good going Team Toby in this heat!!!

I ran just over 7 miles this morn - did horsie - then cycled home!!! Was out by 8 but it warmed up so quickly i should have got out earlier!!!.

1st month of training plan completed ( including 6 sick days!!!!)

Plus 2 1/2lbs lost - yipee

Hopefully next month more weight loss and up the training!!!

Rested this pm with wine and bbq - yea !!!

Ttfn nessie x

08/07/2013 at 02:53

Nessie well done on the training especial as you say in this heat

10/07/2013 at 05:30

Well so much for keeping to short runs in the garage i had to get a new bit valve for my Camelbak that’s the bit you shove in your mouth i was only going to run to the shops and back only a couple of miles but the run felt so easy i ended up doing 13 instead

Did make the mistake of not putting sun cream on though so although i thought I’d got away with it just got home from work and i am nice and red and have nice outline of a running vest

12/07/2013 at 04:32

Morning all

well i haven't run now for 2 days just been to tierd after a busy night at work but must get out today for some from of run

12/07/2013 at 08:25

After I last posted on here I developed a bit of a tightness in my left achilles. I managed a few shorter runs whilst I was in Dorset last weekend, and although I could run easily with no discomfort whatsoever, the tightness returned once I stopped. Plently of stretching has hopefully eased it. I ran 4.02 miles on Tuesday and 5.31 miles last night with no after effects. I've now passed the 400 mile mark so far this year, so very pleased with that. Looking to get a run in early tomorrow morning before the real heat kicks in.

Have a good weekend everyone!

12/07/2013 at 19:46

well got out for my run boy it was hot so split the run down again into three 5 mile loops and a 6 stopping after every loop for 10 minutes to take on water and lucozade and to cool down even had an ice lolly after the 3rd time around

Hoping i haven’t to burnt as i plastered the sun tan lotion on before going out

14/07/2013 at 06:18

CB and Toby well done on your runs.

Trying to summon up the energy for a run and a cycle before it warms up too much.

Will keep you posted

Ttfn nessie x

14/07/2013 at 09:57

Morning all.

Isn't this weather glorious. Had lot's of nice times, swims and dog walks. Not managed a run as I have a problem with my foot which if it continues will have to see the doctor

Other than that all is good.

Have a great day guys!

14/07/2013 at 17:56

Hi Kev - hope u get foot sorted.

Managed to get out for 8.66 mile run followed by 6.92 mile cycle. Not as far as i should have done cos i got my weeks LSR mixed up!!!! At least i did something - lol bloomin hot!!!

Lets hope i can do more next week - hospital visits taking mum to see her husband still happening!!! Plus meetings with social - physios - medical team to sort out his package of care and clearing out her place to accomodate a  hospital bed at home!!!

Ttfn ness x

14/07/2013 at 22:26

Hi everyone, what on earth have they done to this site???? Why cant they leave things alone, nearly couldnt find my own thread!!!!!!! I cannot apologise enough for not reporting on here, I am working hard at home 7 days a week and usually only get time to go on facebook and then sign off and totaly forget about RW!!!! I am ashamed!!! Cant remember when I last posted and what I have reported on!!! Did I tell you about the accident I had on my motor bike?? I am now running again and hoping to run the Towpath Mob Match this Friday, doubt if I will race it, just get round and finish in a good position for the club.

I see Nessie is still squeezing a quart into a half pint pot!!!!!

I see everyone is having varying levels of success and injury as well. Keep hydrating and eat lots as well, this weather can sap your strength as well as your water levels.

Sorry I haven't really caught up with the posts but hopefully I will do at a later date!!! I am melting so I will go and try to remember to pop in on a regular basis!!!! Got to figure out how to save this topic again!!!!!!

15/07/2013 at 03:42

Morning all

Went out Friday for a run as it was so hot i split the run down into 3 5miles loops and a 6 stopping in the house after every loop for 10 minutes to take on water and sports drink even had an ice lolly after the third loop

Some great running going on I'm off to weight watchers and then afterward 10 miles if it real hot again i will split down into two 5 mile loops again

Will have to wear a t-shirt today as i got caught really badly on my shoulders Friday and they blistered so need to keep cover up until they heal

Edited: 15/07/2013 at 03:45
15/07/2013 at 22:38

Evening all. still enjoying the weather!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.