Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

4,261 to 4,280 of 4,293 messages
05/05/2014 at 12:48
Past three days I've managed to cycle up and down to horsie each day -
3 rides on horsie ( she doesn't know what's hit her !!!! Lol)
And one run down to horsie - the fastest time I've ever done!!!!
Feeling chuffed and almost ready to decide on my challenge for later on this year -
I'll keep you posted )
Ttfn ness x
05/05/2014 at 13:08

Looking forward to hearing chosen challenge!

06/05/2014 at 00:35

like wise 

well training my daughter (Snowmaiden) for next year’s Brighton marathon kicked off Sunday she used a run walk method last year so the first thing we have to do is get her used to running continually for more than a mile so we've started with 2 miles this week then were up it to 3 next week then 4 and so on

14/05/2014 at 10:03
Hi guys - I wasn't able to get to bristol 10 k this year so I went out on my own early Sunday morn and did 6.78miles round the country lanes - very quite and nice
So far this week 2 runs - 1 cycle(16miles) and 1 horsie ride
Hope u both ok and anyone else who wants to join in and say hello here?
Ttfn Nessie
14/05/2014 at 10:06
There a half marathon over the severn bridge I fancied but it's on the august bank holiday weekend and I was going to do 100 mile cycle the next day as 2nd part of my challenge but think in the bank holiday traffic it would be daft to cycle??
Sooooo may now do Bristol Half and cycle challenge the day after that??
What u think?
Ness x
15/05/2014 at 00:42

hi Nessie so like a good challenge did the bristol10k in 47:05 just outside my PB the wife did well taking another 3 minutes of her PB and our friend took a 1:30 off hers they ran out of t-shirts and medals and it took some people an hour and a haft to get there bags back defiantly not well organized this year

21/05/2014 at 10:54
I've decided I'll do the severn bridge half marathon and the next day I'll do my 100 mile cycle from Salisbury Cathedral to Stonehenge to Bristol Cathdral and then finish at Gloucester Cathedral !!!!
We went Salisbury yesterday and cycled to Stonehenge and back to Salisbury just so I could see the start of my route and as time goes on I'll do bristol to glos etc as my mileage increases!!!
Mara training starts next week after I've done FOD trail run on Saturday
Hope u both ok?
Ness x
22/05/2014 at 07:05

Hi Ness - good to see your challenge taking shape. 

Not good about the Bristol delays Toby. 

Looking forward to a week off next week. 

22/05/2014 at 09:55
Have a good week off Kev
My challenge is for a young lad who was a keen rugby player and off to uni but he was involved in a terrible car crash and is now tetraplegic - I want to hel in some small way to raise funds for his care and equipment he will need for the rest of his life - I'm asking everyone even if they just gave ??1 and everyone they knew gave ??1 and so on - then it would soon mount up )
Cycled on tues 18 miles
Ran this morn 3 hilly miles and it was the easiest I have ever done that route!!!!
I'm not saying it WAS easy but it's obviously getting better for me so I think the cycling helps my fitness levels????
Ttfn Nessie x
23/05/2014 at 00:27

nessie sounds like a worthy course

23/05/2014 at 14:39

well we got out for our run didn’t think we were going to get it done as we had torrential down pour so we were sat in the car for 20minutes waiting for it to go off did eventually stop though and really proud of Snowmaiden as not only did she managed to run what turn out to be 6.2 miles (10k) but she beat her own personal best time over that distance

So now we decided that she’s going to do 3 on Monday and Tuesday 4 miles with my wife with the running club on Wednesday have a rest day Thursday and 6 on Friday and repeat that until the end of July then build the mile up on a Friday to 10 miles by the end of September then up to 13 on Friday by the end of November that way were only have 2 weeks before our training plan for Brighton 2015 starts

02/06/2014 at 09:05
Hi guys hope all is well?
I went to a gym near bath on Friday for assessment and help with training plan for my challenge in august and they will also help me with nutrition as I'm sadly lacking in vital vitamins minerals etc due to IBS !!!!
Strains a few leg muscles doing squats etc lol !!!! So no running over weekend so went for 3-4 mile walk instead - very pleasant walking - gives you more time to enjoy the country scenes etc plus it was a lot easier !!!!
This is week one of training plan but think I will take things quite easy!!!
Ttfn Nessie x
13/06/2014 at 05:54
Hi guys hope all is well?
Week 2 of my traing plan scuppered by a bad IBS attack (
Oh well let's see what week 3 brings???
Onwards and upwards as they say!!!!
Trim ness x
18/06/2014 at 10:23
Week 3 and felling better )
Ran 4.82 miles on Sunday but struggled a bit
Monday did stretches and core strengthening exercises
Yesterday walked dogs over fields for 90 mins in the morn and in the afternoon did a 16 mile cycle
Work today so plan to run tomo morn
Ttfn ness hope u all ok?
21/06/2014 at 15:28
Hope your are better Ness. Sorry no post for a while.

All good here - enjoying life and this weather.
24/06/2014 at 09:57
Hi guys
Training underway now - 4 mile run this morn - cycle planned for pm
Leg massage tomo
Run thurs morn - gym thurs pm
Cycle fri morn
Sat ride horsie
Sun long run
Tfn nessie
29/06/2014 at 13:07

Exhausting Nessie!

All good with me apart from a head cold today. Hence I'm sat on the settee all day today with my feet up hoping to shake it. Using the time to plan our holidays in the Norfolk Broads in August.

01/07/2014 at 08:45
Morning all. Trust you are all enjoying the weather.
07/07/2014 at 21:45
Hi guys - training going well - wonder if these core strengthening exercises are helping ???? Plus I'm taking amino powder concoction on my runs as well - so perhaps it's all helping???
Off to south of France next week - taking bike so I will carry on with my training plan but also will find time for a glass of wine or two!!!!
Lol
Hope u all ok?
Cheers Nessie x
13/07/2014 at 20:51
Hi all - hope everything ok?
9 mile training run this morn
Hopefully 20 mile training cycle in the morn
Then tues off to south of France - yippee xx
Ttfn Nessie x
4,261 to 4,280 of 4,293 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.