Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

4,301 to 4,304 of 4,304 messages
03/09/2014 at 07:43
Nessie - doing a HM and cycling that distance us a great achievement - well done. I hear the Severn Bridge HM was quite undulating as well?
07/09/2014 at 13:56
Hi Kev there was a stinker of a hill in it and a bit uphill towards the finish!!!
Hope you ok?
Ran this morn for 4 miles - just contemplating doing another half Mara?
I know I must be bonkers!!!!
Ness x
09/09/2014 at 12:00

Morning all

13 miles for me today lovely morning for a run

Well the GNR went ok i ran with Poohbear we got round in 2hr 48min not her quickest but there were so many people it was impossible to get going the weather was lovely on the day of the race may be a bit too hot the crowed was amazing and it was like and all you could eat buffet with the things the people were handing out we were about 600 yards from the finish when the fireworks went off to celebrate the 1 million finisher crossing the line

We went to the pasta party on Saturday and then watched the city games in the afternoon   weather wise it was nice during the day and the rained at night the drive was the only down side it took us nearly 8 hours to get up there but we did stop at Vindolanda which is an exuviated Roman fort  

the drive back wasn’t much sorter as we had to come back via Leicester as we had to pick up or son and Snowmaiden and one of their friends as they had been up there for an event if i ever did it again i think I’d split the journey up and stop half way up and stay overnight some were

14/09/2014 at 18:44
Toby well done on the GNR
I'm doing the GSR in October - hope the weather is kind and not too windy!!!
Ttfn nessie

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4,301 to 4,304 of 4,304 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.