Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

81 to 100 of 4,249 messages
15/09/2010 at 22:09

FFran, I think somone on the Swansea thread is looking for a place!! Sorry you wont make it,  hopefully will meet at another race. Good luck with your long run, sounds quite daunting to me but then I will prob be doing those mileages in a while!!

Toby, I have had to do that, its very painful but it does get deep into the muscles!!! Good luck with your treatment, I hope it works.

Nessie, give it a go, you know you want to!!!

LBB, we must get a run together, training or race!!!! Must put Chippenham in my diary for next year!

Towner, great to hear from you and that you are still mobile but watch you dont overdo it, dont want you slipping backwards!!!

15/09/2010 at 22:13
See you Saturday ffRAN
15/09/2010 at 22:34

Nessie a few club mates are going, but no family

Fran, hope we can meet up in Dublin, when are you travelling and where from.

Toby I am massaging very painful place in my glutes with a tennis ball so know how it feels.

SEEJAY, Hope we do meet again soon, alot of my training runs are on the cycle path, normally starting at Sainsburys if you want to join, although at present alot are over HM distance. 

Looks like it's me, tyango, stret09 and mrs lbb going to weston tomorrow, should be pb's all round as none of us have done 5 before. 

15/09/2010 at 22:42
I must start putting my mileage up soon!! What Sainsburys do you start from?
15/09/2010 at 22:43

LLB - flying from Cardiff early am. Saturday 23rd -my lovely husband can't come as he's not able to get the shifts off so it's developed into a real girlies weekend - 6 or possibly 8 of us - sisters, daughters and pals. really looking forward to it!

How are you doing with your training? mine is going ok as far as the long runs are concerned but midweek I'm getting really tired - my age is telling!

Edited: 15/09/2010 at 22:45
16/09/2010 at 04:38

Morning all

Glad that everyone’s training is still going well the shin split seems to be getting there but i think i will leave it till Monday or Tuesday of next week

the trouble is the lock came of the  biscuit tin and i have gained some weight so  i will have to make a concert effort to lose it again over the next three weeks if i can get down to about 12st 4lbs i will be happy as that’s about my normal weight to race at

The tennis ball and the exercise seem to be helping but i am under no elution now about how long this is going to take to fix after all if i had done some ting about it when it first occurred back last year instead of ignoring it then it might not have been so bad

it started while running the bath half last year but as i only planed to run the Bristol 10k and half that year thought nothing of it as it seem to ease off but the training for Brighton and Leicester this year has done all the damage and i did have to run walk a couple of my training run for Brighton due to my hip

And at one time even thought i may have to have pulled out of that

so i have learnt the hard away so here hoping by Monday i can start with a nice gentle run and build up from there the trouble is i just to stubborn and b***** mined to rest when i should do

Thanks everyone for your kind word and advice

lop- a- long that sounds like a good idler i might well give it a go

ffRAN hope you find someone to take your 10k place of your hands

Seejay/LBB your right it is painful but if it does the trick it will be worth it

Edited: 16/09/2010 at 04:39
16/09/2010 at 12:04

Helllooo all new and old.

Its been busy on here while ive been away!!

Well Im back, that was lovely. 3 days relaxing in the sunshine, eating and drinking, fantastic. Ro Runner it was just mainland Spain we went to and you should see my tummy after all that food and drink, god knows what it would have looked like if it had been a week we went for!!

Nessie - No Pimmpoms!! I had to make do with Vodka and the occasional Baileys (I use the word occasional loosley!!) Some very good rambles while ive been away, your setting the standard very high! As lovely as it was to be away it was nice to come back. The Children were nice and cuddley to me for almost half an hour before they got back to their normal behaviour!!   Must admit Ive come back feeling a bit lazy, I didnt go to runing club last night as I was soooo tired with the late nights and I dont sleep well after alcohol anyway. Was fantastic to have a big sleep last night, I now have enough energy for a run later, Ive planned 6 miles although I need to do alot more to run this belly off!!!

FFran Know what you mean about the tired bit, I think after Cardiff Half Im going to have a few weeks off of the speed training and take it a bit more easy. Havent got any major races planned until March. Going to do the Bath Half again even though organisation was a bit dire.

Towner Hiya hope all ok with you, I can only reiterate what Seejay said, be careful you dont want to damage it again. Glad the biking is going well. Havent seen you in Tesco's in ages!!  Glad yr enjoying the ramble off, think I may have beaten Nessie with this one!!

Toby  Sounds like your repairs are coming along well, I know how frustrating it is as I popped my calf muscle last year, wouldnt wish that on anyone. Take it easy and you'll be back at it all mended soon

To all you Guys doing the Weston Prom Run tonight Good Luck hope it goes well

Take that Nessie! Its surely taken the lead in the ramble stakes!!!

Talk Soon All and Happy Training.

Binx /x

16/09/2010 at 12:25

Forgot to say Well Done to the guys that did the Chippenham Half ! Stret I would have to have a jet pack on to reach those speeds (im not green with envy at all)

Edited: 16/09/2010 at 12:26
16/09/2010 at 16:25

Hi everyone - got back early from my meeting in Cardiff so having a "spell" on the sofa before setting out for my first stage Relay run at 6.

As I'm doing my LongRrun as the 2nd stage on Saturday, I'm doing the grand total of 64 miles this week . This is mind-bogling for me but know it's quite normal for some. No wonder I needed those new trainers!

I have someone interested in my Swansea place but I'm really sorry not to be doing it - want to, but know I need to concentrate on the marathon training.If I'm back off my travels will come to watch. IF I don't get into London, I think I will really concentrate on speed training and try to better my feeble PB, in some Spring 10ks.

16/09/2010 at 16:33

Fran we are flying on Sunday morning, back Tuesday.  64 miles is a dream for me, highest week 35 and that was a struggle - what time are you aiming for.

Toby - take it easy,  I find as long as I use the tennis ball the night before it always loosens me up for a run.

Binx glad you had a good holiday

16/09/2010 at 21:20
ffFRAN - great mileage. If you don't make London - try the Great Welsh Marathon at Llanelli on April 11th.
17/09/2010 at 07:57

Good luck ffFran 64 miles is mega.

Did another lap of Downs last night (no sorry Wednesday) with girl from work. It was quite windy and we dikd a couple of walks across roads so thought would be slower than Sunday. As it was we were 2 minutes quicker. Real pleased.

Hoping for 6 miles Sunday.

17/09/2010 at 08:09

What a gorgeous day again! Not going to run today but will pop to gym later for some weights etc - Save myself for tomorrow. Hope the weather's like this!

Toby - my time will be slow but I hope to beat my PB = 4:31. IF I achieved my dream of 4:15 (V.ambitious!) I'd get a GFA place in 2012. I can dream.May sound silly to think of knocking off 16 mins but there are extenuating circumstances.

RK: Did my Swansea to Mumbles stage last night - it was quite an occasion at the Sailbridge - Fast Legs arrived with an entourage, and Sebby turned up too. What with an "Official Photographer", (one of the runner's OH?) my husband and various dogs, we caused quite a stir. Whether it was Barry the baton or the thought of WA waiting for me, I flew along the seafront - I've never run 5.5 (my Garmin measured 5.8) miles so quick. (46.04)

So guess what - I really want to do Swansea again now - women - fickle - nah!!!!

See you tomorrow, RK - Can I ring you as I approach? - have to have my specs on to text.

Edited: 17/09/2010 at 08:12
17/09/2010 at 17:38

Hi all hope everyone has a great weekend

Excellent running last night at the Westom Prom 5 miler

Stret 34+ PB

LBB 39+ PB

Tyango 44+ PB

Mrs LBB 55+ PB

Also great to see Musketeer amongst other regular faces.

17/09/2010 at 19:24

Hi all,just a quickie from me

Wow you guys did fab at Weston very impressed with all those PBs Congratulations.

My 6 miles easy turned into 4 due to time and did it in 33.30 was pleased with that, going to have another go at the 6 tomorrow early.

Hope Everyone has a great weekend 

TTFN Binx xx

17/09/2010 at 20:16
Thanks Binx and well done on your run
17/09/2010 at 20:44

*pencils chippenham in for next year* is it a big race?

toby - did you do leicester marathon? i've got that on my shortlist for next year (Great Wales being the other main contender), how hilly (or not) is it?

Ffran - i'm impressed by your mileage!

Nessie - i bet horsie is gorgeous! i'd love to ride but i'm too (time and money) poor haven't ridden for about 10 years i think.

Who's going to swansea? i'm getting excited now i've got my race pack through! i'll (hopefully) be wearing a GWR vest (and probably mulling around with a load of other GWRers)

*bounces* i've got my legs back! did my 3 miler on tuesday in about 10 min miles (my normal pace) and legs felt normal (not brilliant, but not heavy like they were before) and then went out with club on weds - we did about 5 miles at about 9.30 pace and i nearly made it up stoke hill  (challenge for next week: run the whole thing). there's something about stoke hill - if i manage it (or nearly manage it ) i have a good day at work the next day - presumably its a mental, feeling good thing. not complaining!

hope everyone has a good weekend

17/09/2010 at 21:43
Tazi

Leicester isn’t until the 10th of October but due to the injury i have had to drop down to the half they run at the same time

17/09/2010 at 22:16

Toby, I think all distance runners are a little stubborn, its part of our mentality to not give up!!!!!!! I do hope your recovery keeps up but keep doing what u r doing until you feel fit then leave it for another few days!! Wise words I got from HG long time ago and I do believe it should be adhered to. Good luck anyway, fingers crossed for you!!!

Binx, whao what a ramble, that was nearly War and Peace!!!!!! I think you missed a couple of years in your early childhood but other than that you have just about covered your life there!!!! Glad you had a good holiday with not too much falling down water, Pimmpoms would only have made it worse!!!

FFran, fickle as ever!!!  You know you want to run Swansea so indulge yourself, looking at your weekly mileage I reckon you could loose the odd mile or two and it wouldnt do you any harm at all, might even do you good!!!!!! Fantastic training, I cant see any reason why you cant get your PB, you have worked hard enough for it!!!

LBB, Mrs LBB, Musketeer, Tyango and Stret, cracking pb's and well deserved, most impressed!!!

HG, well done mate, good to hear you are getting back into it, you should bring your workmate to the club, you both seem to run well together!!!

Tazi, well I know Nessie is now running it, RSB, maybe FFran, myself and I cant remember who else, hopefully we can all meet up before the start!!! I will have my Southville shirt and white cap!!

18/09/2010 at 11:16

Hello again everyone.  I've just got back from a week away in the Yorkshire Dales - bliss.  While there I re-read Parker's Compleat Idiot guide to HR training ()!  So after a well earned rest from my half ironman the other week, running starts again on Monday and I'm going to follow Parker's 12 week 10k schedule instead of the RW mile.  I'm actually looking forward to it so will report back.  Not run much for months so I'm going to struggle to begin with but I'm swapping one run session for a bike session.

Its been busy on here and I've had a quick read back but can't remember now what everyone did.  Well done on the races that folk have done and pbs - yeh!

tobi - hope you mend soon and able to get out there again. 

Tazi - congrats on getting your legs back!

Happy running all.

81 to 100 of 4,249 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.