Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

101 to 120 of 4,326 messages
18/09/2010 at 14:31
Just back from my Coasters run - picked up the baton from ffRAN and ran along the beach / cycle track to Burry Port harbour
18/09/2010 at 14:50

Kev - well done, and nice to see Barry doing so well.  He must be nearly home now. 

18/09/2010 at 20:21

I am struggling to keep up here, but seems like people are going really well.  Well done to the coasters today.

I ran just over 14 this morning and just hope this consistent running carries on.

18/09/2010 at 20:49
Cheers Guys - nice 14 LBB
19/09/2010 at 07:33

Morning all

hope everyone’s weekend went well  i will be back up to Leicester next weekend as we have to take the daughter back to university  shine splint seems to have gone so i will try a gentle run on Tuesday as i am back to the phyiso on Monday and won’t have time

Feeling old now as my son turns 16 this month so were off out 10 pin bowling and a meal later today it’s a bit early his birthdays not until the end of the month but we are now a way the next 3 weekends and he wanted to do something while his sister was still down here bless his little cotton socks

And what with the daughter now 22 looking back can only wish i started running years ago but hay ho was young and lazy then

Starting this weekend i am going to try and lose the weight i put on but as i said before when it comes to food i have no will power at all so we will see how that goes ?

Tried on my Brighton T-Shirt fits nicely but there a gain i did order and extra large so looking forward to wearing that on my first run

Well done to everyone some very good runs going on as some really impressive mileage as well

But must say FFrun 64 miles i can only dream of ever doing that sort of mileage

Keep up the good every one and thanks for all the kind words

May your training runs go well and the injuries are few

19/09/2010 at 12:59

Well done all the Chippenham guys

Ffran - 64 mile is amazing - how do you find the time ???? I am so impressed & rather ashamed I don't try harder & push myself further -

LLB nice one - 14 miles Brill x

Kev , well done to you and all the Coasters

Binx, glad you had good rest & enjoyed a few dinkies!!!!!! - Hats off to you that was a good ole ramble - BUT watch out when Nessies on form there's no stopping her!!!!!!!! LOL

Toby, losing weight is never easy but if you can manage to go fat free for a short while that will gve you a kick start - I hate having to go hungry & it's not good if you are running you need the fuel , so cutting right down on fats , particularly the bad ones , means you can still eat loads with out the added calories of fat -  I know what you mean about time passing - my lads are 23 & 20 & I don't know where the years have gone - I too wish I'd started this running malarky when I was young - but hey ho at least we are doing something now - Cheers Ness

Got up at silly "O" Clock on Fri before work to do Fartleck - I only did about 20mins but I can really feel my front thigh muscles + ribs as well - is 20mins enough & should I do it earlier in the week as on Sun morn is meant to be longer runs???

Did 6.16 miles this am in 68.23 - well disappointed 'cos 10k time is still 66mins - soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo want to get under that for Swansea next week !!!!!  Must admit I had a couple of walk breaks 'cos I did a new route today & there were some very long inclines BOO HOO

Hope everyone ok & gets some good runs in this weekend TTFN Nessie x

19/09/2010 at 13:33

Hi - just did the weekly shop but walked there and back to the supernarkrt - a whole new meaning to health eating!

Nessie - hopefully the race adrenaline will pull you through

19/09/2010 at 13:59

Well done to all you guys and gals at Weston.

Especially well done to fFran that's amazing. Nessie good luck at Swansea - it will be a breeze after the hills (nothing wrong with walking up them - I nearly crawled at times this morning).

Did 4.80 miles this morning in Leigh Woods and Towpath - hell going up Burwalls Wood - had to walk it (500+ feet from bottom) - took 1.11 but feel good, but tired now.

SeeJay hope to see you week on Tuesday.

19/09/2010 at 14:19

Thanks Kev & HG - will def be glad to get away from these b****y hills - Good for walking to shops Kev - & good run HG

Ness

19/09/2010 at 19:53

Hi all

Did my 6 miles this morning went ok. Going to do 12 miles lsr tomorrow evening, tuesday rest day, weds running club not planned any further than that.

Well done you Coast runners, you did really well.

LLB - Which marathon is it your doing? Youve prob already said but Ive got the retention period of a goldfish! Sounds like the training is going well.

Toby - Ahh bless him,  doubt my son would do that, my two do nothing but argue. Hopefully they'll grow out of it. I too wish I'd took up running a long time ago. Ah well at least we're enjoying it now. Good news on the shin splint going these niggles can be so soul destroying .I have found the weightloss thing difficult, what  i tend do is have a smaller plate and have less potato/carbs and pile up on the veg or salad as long as im full im ok.

Nessie - Was quite a good one but then I had had a few days break to build it up!  I think they say treat a speed session as hard session which means at least one rest day after if thats any help.Your doing great with your training Im sure with your added speed stuff you will definatley get your pb for the 10k. Have faith you can do it.

Head Gone - Well done on you run, it sounds lovely and very pretty. I much prefer doing those sort of runs rather than all pavement stuff.

Running Kev - Well done on walk to the shops bet your arms killing you by the time you got home.

Hope your all ok and have some fab runs this week.

Binx x ( Think youve beat me this time Nessie)

19/09/2010 at 20:43

Hi all - some great training going on - Nessie - you'll be great in Swansea - hope to see you!

Kev, I loved hearing about your running story - inspirational! Are you going to do the Marathon at Llanelli?

As far as time is concerned, my brood are 34,33 and 19 so no responsibilities there and, although I work very long days, I've condensed my hours into 4 days so am very lucky to have time to myself. Also that mileage is exceptional for me and yesterday, as I was finishing my Coaster run, I felt absolutely pooped. I've even had an afternoon nap today (unheard of!) but I was up quite early with my adorable grandson. Speed session tomorrow if I can bear to drag myself away from him for an hour. We'll be back in Wales Tuesday, so I have to make the most of every minute with my daughter and little one.

Edited: 19/09/2010 at 21:05
19/09/2010 at 20:55

Hi Binx - my wife took the car to take the shopping home!

Thanks ffRAN. I'm really hoping to do the Llanelli Marathon as long as I can fit in the training around work, my Masters Degree and my 3 children!!

Feeling good this week. Ran Tues, Thurs, Sat (and walked back from Burry Port) and had a bit more exercise to / from the supermarket today

Really on the up!!!!

Glad you're having a nice time with the family.

19/09/2010 at 21:06

Good luck with the physio Toby

Nessie, you should be saving the fast run for the race so dont worry.  I keep telling Mrs LBB that when she's slow and she keeps coming up trumps in the race.

HG glad your getting back in the groove.

Binx I am running Dublin - same as Fran (5 weeks tomorrow), glad your 6 went well and good luck tomorrow.

Good luck with speed session tomorrow Fran

Hope things continue to go well for you Kev.

60 mins Cross Trainer for me this morning and a long session on foam roller tonight, the muscles are suffering with all the mileage.  10 for Mrs LBB this morning, she's on the up after her perforamce thursday at Weston and it's great to see her confidence piking up.

19/09/2010 at 21:11

Running Kev - Good plan, LOL had visions of you looking like an orangutang by the time you got home. Youve got quite a few runs in this week. Doing a masters degree thats very impressive well done. God knows how you fit it all in.

FFran - Not surprising you pooped, all that running takes it out of you and you need your sleep to recover. im looking forward to grandchildren but apparently my daughter isnt having any as children are horrrible!! thats coming from her at 13 lets hope she changes her mind!! Bless her.  

Edited: 19/09/2010 at 21:11
19/09/2010 at 21:13
Edited: 19/09/2010 at 21:42
19/09/2010 at 21:24

Binx: My eldest said the same at 13 ... and has stuck to her guns - 2 horses and 3 dogs - the only "grandchildren" I'm going to get, she tells me!!!!  She is a very unique young lady, though and adores her little nephew.

19/09/2010 at 21:38
Ffran as long as they're happy thats all that really matters isnt it, she just made me laugh when she said that children are horrible. I said but your a child!! She said I know and I can be really horrible!!But she has a little sister at her Dads and she adores her. Bless her.x
19/09/2010 at 22:33

Binx: What an insightful thoughtful young lady! I'm really fortunate to have the most happy and content kids.

Kev: Chidren, partner, job, studying AND training!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who's in Swansea next Sunday????????????

19/09/2010 at 22:42

Ffran - Im not in Swansea I havent anything until Cardiff.

LBB - sorry missed your post, thankyou. 5 weeks not long now, I wll be brave enough to do one, one day. Well done Mrs LBB  on her 10 it feels good when you hit double numbers.

19/09/2010 at 22:51
Thanks Binx
101 to 120 of 4,326 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.