Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

121 to 140 of 4,249 messages
20/09/2010 at 13:06

Morning all

Well fates are conspiring just when i thought i be back running have now come down with a sinker of a cold

AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just needed that

Weekend went well the ten pin bowling was great fun and the meal after words was nice the boy enjoyed himself which was all that mattered

Will still try a run tomorrow as the colds all in my head at the moment and not on my chest

ffRAN no the next one for me is Leicester fingers crossed the only hope i have for grand children is the my son the daughter has no intention of having kids she said her brother put her off when he was a baby

as for a nap on a Sunday i always suffer from LSAS which stands for (long Sunday afternoon sleep) the bout of LSAS is directly proportional to the length of the run the longer the run the long the sleep

Binx i to use the small meal method as that way you not cutting anything out and don’t feel like you’re missing out

lop a long keep going your get there

waves to every one eles

Edited: 20/09/2010 at 13:08
21/09/2010 at 04:35

Morning all

i am going to try a small run today to see how i get on the physio recommended running one day and rest the next although he did not look happy when i said i was going to try a run

21/09/2010 at 07:19

Morning

Toby - Hope your run was good and your legsfeel ok.

I did 12 slow miles last night  quite enjoyable but the tops of my legs felt it on the last mile which is unusual for me, if im going to feel it anywhere its usually in my calves?? Oh well the body is a strange thing.

Hope everyone ok.

Binx

21/09/2010 at 15:45

Afternoon all

Well just back from my first run in 2 weeks did a nice gentle 5 miles which took me about 50 minutes not including the time i stopped at the turn around point to stretch

I did the exercise the phyiso had given me before i set off and they seem to help as it was the freest i been able to run in a long time

there were still one or two niggles the especially from the shine splint  which i was excepting as i still know it’s going to take a while to get me back to full heath but nothing half as bad as it had been

Will rest tomorrow and go out again on Thursday and may continue to train up until Leicester and then have a full rest up until Christmas that way i am hoping i will be in a better shape to train for Brighton next year

but we will have to see as i don’t  know whether i can go that long without a run or i my rejoin the gym so i can go swimming on a regular bases just to keep the fitness levels up

meant to say well done to everyone that ran the GNR over the weekend must try that one year just so i can say i run it

21/09/2010 at 21:03

Well done Toby - bet it was good to get back to it?

Just a short run tonight around the Dock - as per schedule.

21/09/2010 at 21:04

Hope your cold is on the mend toby3.  Good going getting out there still. 

I managed a slow 5k plod this afternoon but my new HRM is rubbish.  It was jumping around all over the place and at one stage said my HR was 218 when I wasn't even puffing then "dropped" to 130 when I went uphill. I think I need a better one - too much interference I suspect.

Anyway, I've just found a race that I fancy taking in the Top Gear track in October 

22/09/2010 at 14:37

Ah Toby, what a pain to have a cold as well, hope it is getting better & well done on your run.

Binx good mileage - hope your legs ok?

Hi Kev, glad you're out & about, thanks again for Swamsea.

Hi SoupDragon, nothing wrong with a plod - take it from one who knows all about plodding!!!!! Good luck with race in Oct.

Was off ill on Monday & so didn't eat - Tues went to work & aqua aerobics in the eve which was quite hard on the legs - Todays run was a hard did first 3miles in 31.02 then next 3 in 34.24 (had to have walk breaks) which meant I did 10k in 65.26 - YIPEE been trying to get under 66.28 since Bristol 10k - then decided to walk the last mile home & try & enjoy the weather, countryside etc -

Have decided to swap my water workout to a Mon eve instead of Tues eve 'cos I am finding runs hard on a Wed after the exercise of a tues eve - do you think that will be better or do you think I am just a whimp???????

Guess if I was a million years younger that might help me!!!!

Anyway, enough of my moaning - hope everyone else ok & enjoying their runs -

I'm now off to fix electric fence the horses managed to break down , they have snapped the plastic fence posts in half & they have spent ages pigging out on the lush grass I was trying to keep them off!!!!!!!!!! LOL Bless their little cotton socks

TTFN Nessie (Your turn Binx ) x

22/09/2010 at 14:51

Afternoon all

Resting up today surprisingly the leg are a lot stiffer that i thought they be today will go out for a run tomorrow

I am going to take the run gear with me when i go up to Leicester on Friday night when we take the daughter back to uni and go out for a run early Saturday so that i can go back to the hotel and shower up before we come home an idea suggested by Martin who i post with on the Leicester marathon thread i started

i will need to work out how to get to Victoria park and look up new walk which are where we will finish but am hoping that the daughter will know she should do as she has now been in Leicester 4 years and is now finally  entering her final year after having to swap courses

So this will be the last year that we have to run up and down the motorway 4 or 5 times a year to collect her

Soup Dragon well done on the plod sorry to hear about the HRM playing up

Lop a Long yes it is a pain but there you go what can you do hope your four legged friends did not cause to much damage as for swapping your aqua aerobics from Tuesday to Monday you must do what’s best for you if you feel like you’re not getting anything from your run on Wednesday because your legs are tired then having a day off between may well be the answer

i must say you all do take your running a lot more seriously than i do what with hart rate monitor and Garmin watches i am afraid am still back in the dark ages all i do to get the pace is time the distance it am running by 10 then divide it by 60 so for example 13 x 10 = 130 divide by 60 would give you 2:10 very technical

Edited: 22/09/2010 at 15:03
22/09/2010 at 17:24

toby3 - enjoy Leicester.  My OH did the marathon a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it.  Victoria park is a bit out of the city (about a mile walk I think) and at the top of hill which didn't go down very well on the last mile so be warned.

Lop a long - thanks for the plodding company.  Another 3.5 mile plod for me this afternoon in 43 minutes. 

22/09/2010 at 19:19

Thanks Toby, I guess that is the thing to do to swop exercise around from Tues eve to Mon eve - I dont work Weds , so that obviously is a day that I run & ride horsie, so think I will use Tues eve as a rest time.

SoupDragon - good run - keep up the good work 

Rode horsie this pm, so am feeling prett tired now -

Hope everyone else ok TTFN Nessie x

23/09/2010 at 13:08
Afternoon all

just a quick post

Will try another run today then rest again tomorrow

23/09/2010 at 19:54

Evening all - a nice seafront run foe me tonight, building well now.

Hope your run was ok toby1

24/09/2010 at 05:32

Morning all

Managed 5 miles yesterday run on the treadmill luck i did it had been raining on and of all afternoon i did debate whether to go out for a run in the end decide to use the treadmill just as well i got in to the last mile and the havens open up outside to say a would have been a drown rat would have been an under statement

Someone was smiling on me yesterday

The run itself went ok struggled a bit but as it only the 2 run i am not going to worry to much at the moment

off to Leicester later to day runing kit will be goning with me

24/09/2010 at 18:12

Hello everyone - feeling a bit better than I was - I came down with sick bug on Monday night and had head in a bucket for 48 hours. I was seriously dehydrated + haven't been able to eat much since. Worse thing - it was my birthday yesterday and had to cancel meal out - felt really sorry for myself.

So Swansea was out yet again - this time not really by choice - don't think I could walk 6 miles, let alone run. Had 2 guys wanting my number - said a definite yes to the first guy who rang me so really cheesed off the second - then the 1st guy backed out as he couldn't run with a girl's number - didn't ever know they differentiated between the sexes??? If I feel less shaky, might just give it a go and forget a PB.

Soupdragon - I had problems with my heart monitor - then I read an article that said that until "one" starts to perspire, the transmitter doesn't give a proper reading - I was getting ridiculous readings and, at my age, I can't be too careful!

Toby - glad your run went well - have a good trip.

Sounds like all going to plan, Nessie - may see you in Swansea? 

24/09/2010 at 21:07

Did a nice run with my 5 year old son tonight - he managed 1.5miles without stopping

24/09/2010 at 21:22
RK - your son is awesome!!!!!!!!
24/09/2010 at 21:30
I was a tad proud of him ffRAN. The BHF Santa Jog in Swansea is 5k this year so Oliver is in training!
24/09/2010 at 21:35
I'll look out for him in the London Marathon 2023!
24/09/2010 at 21:44

Kev -give that boy of yours a medal.  Thats lovely.  wish I'd have started running at that age LOL.

ffRAN - thanks for the advice on the HRM.  I was thinking today about getting some conduction gel.  I went out again with it tonight and I made sure I wet the contacts and I tightened the strap.  It was shooting up to high numbers in the first mile then settled down to 132. My target aerobic rate is 142 so I was cursing it again and stopping to wet the contacts.  Then I speeded up to see what happened because I was going very slow (which I used to have to do to keep my heart rate down for a <70% run).  It went up to 144 and I was feeling really good and plodding away quite nicely.  So I wonder if the heart rate monitor works and all the cycling I've  done for my half ironman has made me fitter than I thought!

24/09/2010 at 22:20

Hi everyone, I did post last night but the system must have lost it as there is no sign of it!!!!

Sounds like you are all having mixed times, Toby's running, FFran's bug, Soup Dragon's HRM and Nessie with horsie!!!  Kev, thats the way to do it, get them early!!!! Well done to him, thats a good distance for a 5 yr old!!!! Soup Dragon, I usually just wet my skin as soon as I put mine on, sometimes it plays up but the Garmin I have found pretty reliable. I used to use another make, whose name I cant remember, but it was so unreliable I threw it in the corner!!!!!

FFran, sorry to hear about your bug but so glad you are over it, maybe we will meet up at last, will message my mobile so we can maybe find each other!! Nessie, hopefully see you there too, will txt u when I get there. Toby, I hope your recovery gets into gear soon!!!

I am still undecided as to whether to go for a pb on sun or just enjoy the race, I will wait to see if there are any pacemakers there and then decide!! Just hope the weather stays good! Its getting a little chilly now so may have to put my leggings on instead of shorts, it is by the sea as well!!!

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great weekend either in racing or training!

121 to 140 of 4,249 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.