Seejays Strollers

Keeping our group together

141 to 160 of 4,314 messages
24/09/2010 at 22:27

Yeh, I think I'd better try a different HRM monitor before deciding I'm suddenly fit!    I expect when I get to the 85% stuff I'll be dead otherwise.  My gamin fell to bits a couple of months ago so I'm using a cheap tesco HRM which is probably hopeless.  But the good thing is I've now been out running 3 times this week and really enjoyed it. 

Have a good race SeeJay. 

25/09/2010 at 09:30

Morning all. Perfect  running weather here in south wales, sunny, no wind and nice and fresh.

Just back from a great run

Hope the weather holds for the Swansea Bay 10k tomorrow.

25/09/2010 at 14:17

This weather forecast for tomorrow so you will all have a great time!

I will be there to cheer you all on for your PBs. It's been a "will I? won't I?" few weeks for me, but, although I feel fine now, I'm still really washed out.  I will get so disheartened if I flop, so all for the best, really. There's always next year.

Hope to see you - Pob lwc a gorau personol, pawb!

26/09/2010 at 09:44
Good luck at Swansea for all taking part. I'm still plugging away at the training. Up to 10 miles but I think a pin is coming out my foot. I'll stick with the training until I see the consultant. Have good Sundays. I'm off for a 10 miler, slow pace. See you!
Ro
26/09/2010 at 09:51

Lovely day for racing here - fine but cool, perfect.  But I did my long slow run yesterday with a lovely lap of Richmond Park so 7.2 miles in the bag. Don't know how long it took - no watch and don't care.  I'm not worried about slowness/speediness for the moment, just concentrating on getting out there and doing it for enjoyment. 

Race well everyone.  Looking forward to the results. 

26/09/2010 at 11:24

Good morning all

Your son is fab Running Kev , well done to him.

Good luck to all racing today.

Been out for a little bike ride this mornin, ran 6 miles yesterday and did 4 miles with hills Thursday. Have had a stinky ccold so its all been hard work.

Soup Dragon sounds like your getting some lovely runs in.

Toby glad your runs are going  better thats really positive news.

Ffran hope you start feeling a bit better soon.

Nessie - hope everything good with you and horsie behaving itself, feeling to thick headed with cold for a ramble, so you are still the queen

Hope everyone has some good runs this week.

Binx x

26/09/2010 at 14:08

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile

Hope everyone ran well at Swansea today and on your training runs

18.5 miles this morning, over a 1000ft of climbs with a average pace of 8.51, starting to look forward to Snowdonia next month now

26/09/2010 at 14:12

Afternoon all

well were back from Leicester daughter safely deposited managed a 30 minute run while i was there run up new walk around Victoria park which will be the end of the race and then back down new walk and back to the holiday express by walkers stadium weather was perfect if it like this in 2 weeks I’ll be laughing

When we got back to Bristol went out and joined the gym and then went for a swim

Haven’t received may race pack yet will give to Wednesday then get in touch with the organizers

Soup Dragon it’s nice to just go out for a run now and again without worrying about the time

Ro Runner good luck with the 10 mile run hope your foot is ok

ffRAN sorry to hear your not feeling well i hope you’re feeling better soon

Kev welll done to your son

26/09/2010 at 14:19
10 miles in 1h 45. That's 13 minutes faster than last week and I left the garmin behind! Shows what a lack of pressure can achieve. Thanks for the encouragement Toby. I think that helped too! Took a leaf out of your book Soup Dragon and let my natural pace see me round.
Get well soon Ffran! Enjoy your Sundays and hope you all survived Swansea. Any times to share? Stret- that sounds like one heck of a training session. Hard core!
26/09/2010 at 14:59

Great run Ro Runner. 

I seem to have ordered a new heart rate monitor!  I was just looking on Amazon and meant to click to add to basket just to save it for later but clicked "buy with one click" instead, not knowing what that really was.  Anyway, my OH was still logged in from his last session and it automatically ordered it and took payment from his card! oops.   I now owe him £80 unless he doesn't notice    Its a Suunto t3 for those that know these things.  I was debating between that or a new garmin so looks like I'm not having the garmin any more.  But the Suunto comes with an optional foot pod that I can ask for some other time in December (not mentioning the "C" word just yet).

Waiting patiently now for Swansea results.

26/09/2010 at 15:10

Hi Guys,

Glad you got a run in Toby.

Oops Soup Dragon

Nice running Ro Runner

Went to the shops today with the family but I walked the 4 miles there and back so that made me happier (plus the new jeans and shirt as a treat for losing weight )

Kev

26/09/2010 at 15:12

Sorry not been on for a few days also.

Looking forward to hearing news from Swansea.

Well done to all those training hard this week. 

Stret amazing run, thats some speed including those hills,  I ran a few of them yesterday during my 19.25 miles, but it took me 3.09.  I am wary of my sore feet, particularly left side which had me pulling out of races all over the place between 2005 - 2008.

26/09/2010 at 18:15

Stret and Ro - brilliant runs and nice run, too Toby - it's great to recce new routes, isn't it? 2010LLB - sounds like an excellent time!

Had a mixed day run-wise. Tried a long run and it was dismal - but then my preparation was very poor. Ie.1) Had been poorly all week,2) I had too rich a meal last night, plus a very large glass of red, 3) I'd run yesterday and finished at the gym and did loads of leg work (in case I hadn't managed a run today). Consequently, the tried for 18 miles turned into 15/16 (I didn't wear my Garmin on purpose) and I walked a lot towards the end. Oh yes, and not to be too indelicate - my tum was in an awful state. but at least I ran. Got back, showered and off to the Swansea 10k as a spectator.

Then the running took a turn for the better.

What a wonderful race - I know I'm biased, but for position, atmosphere and organisation, I believe it beats most. I met fellow forumites which was fantastic - I'll let Seejay tell you about his run, cheered on lots of friends and whoops!!! I nearly won 1st placed female Vet -"a very good runner" had my place as his wife is full term so he couldn't go to his planned race, and almost slipped up by beating the area's best lady - that might have caused trouble.

Soup Dragon - Amazon are brilliant at taking returns - I bought a Garmin 405, tried it for a few weeks but really didn't get on with it - response, and reading size (I'm presbyopic) - they refunded me full amount - no questions asked.

BTW  tlrhou  w 

26/09/2010 at 18:43

Fran dont be down.

I ran Glos 20 3 days after a bad sickbug, went really well for 16 before dehydrating really badly.  Stret09 missed Bristol with a sickbug - and then pb'd a week later at Chippenham.

I have looked at Swansea results and someone we all know did rather well

26/09/2010 at 18:52

That sounds promising LBB.

Ffran - thanks for the reassurance on Amazon, but I'm hoping it will be just what I need.  I've fessed up now too.

26/09/2010 at 19:24

RKev well done to your son for running - after all that I wasn't able to go, never mind there is always another day.

Ro - hope your foot will be ok - good mileage though

Stret, amazing run - you must be well chuffed, fantastic mileage - Hmmmmmmmmmmm one day.......................................LOL

Soup Dragon, good runs,  I was advised to sometimes forget taking garmin out & just run with no pressure, & it does you  good for a change.

Ffran, that is some mileage you are tackleing when poorly, take care x (Try white wine next time)

Toby, glad you got daughter there safely, my youngest lad at Swansea & was hoping to see him today but I couldn't go, glad yuo got a run in & a swim, well done. 

things all went wrong today & I had to miss Swansea & was really fed up but I went out & ran on my own & pretended really hard I was at the race (no walk breaks) & I did 10k in 63.10 I was absolutely thrilled as that is 3.18 off  Bristol 10k -

I let Seej know & he will surley be on here soon to let you know how he & Deli did.

Binx sorry you're poorly - hope your back to rambling soon x

TTFN Nessie - Hope everyone else ok x

Hope else  everyone ok

26/09/2010 at 19:31

LBB, well done mate, you will pb at Dublin for sure.

ffran, You shouldn't stress about your run, 15-16 miles after a stomach bug is good going. And you said it yourself that you did loads yesterday and besides you have been doing some impressive mileage so you really dont need to panic  

Nessie, sorry you missed Swansea but a massive well done on getting out there and racing your own race great time to boot, keep it up and a sub 60 will follow. 

26/09/2010 at 19:38
Sorry you couldn't make it Nessie - I was checking how "I'd" done on the results That explains it!
26/09/2010 at 19:49

Thanks Stret - never in a million years at my age did I ever think I would be thinking of 60 - my first 10k was Bristol 2008 & I did it in 76.20 !!!!!!

LOL Kev, bet you thought "you" were still out there running

Cheers Nessie

26/09/2010 at 20:03

Thanks for the reassurance everyone. I'm sure I'll be fine next week.

Lop A long - I was with Seejay and Deli when you text him - so VERY well done - wish I could knock over 3 minutes of a PB.

Kev - no wonder I couldn't see you at the finish.

Binx - hugs for a swift recovery!

141 to 160 of 4,314 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.