SENSIBLE question on minimal shoes - NO TROLLS PLEASE!

I really just one to ask one question without starting a flame war

21 to 23 of 23 messages
17/03/2013 at 13:59
Avoid chi running.

Before you know it you'll be brainwashed and working 7 days a week in Run & Become.
17/03/2013 at 14:08

Sorry DiscountRunner...  couldn't resist!

I honestly think (from reading only) that some are very susceptible to injury with minimalist running.  Probably a majority. But for some people, minimalist does reduce their injuries. 

On top of the injury prevention for those people, I think a lot of people like the lightweight feel of them.

17/03/2013 at 14:54

As for the dog mess and glass I walk up the street in day light regularly and it's pretty clean. And it has street lights which the city council haven't got round to turning offf yet.

On the subject of injury prevention my comment suggested the opposite with regards to lighter shoes causing strains in feet calves and knees, this would be more so if I ran the same distance in thin rubber toe shoes. In the book I have on barefoot running it says some shops want people to sign disclaimers when buying these 'shoes'.

My bare foot running consists of 10 mins at the most of slow running with a little walking.

I've decided to buy some thicker soled shoes so I can continue preparing for a marathon in may. I'll still run in the mizunu once a week to start and do a couple of barefoot 10min jogs a week. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.