Shoe advice

Am I using the wrong trainers

1 message
07/08/2012 at 15:55
I have returned to road running after a break (treadmill and gym filled the gap). I have always used my trust Asics and never had a problem with them. I recently bought some Saucony Grid Profile shoes as they were half price. They have a fixed tongue and are very light and seemed very comfortable. However, I have developed problems with both ankles which feel over stretched and strained on the inside and outside (the achilles is fine). They hurt when I run and now all the time. They are not swollen in any way but rest and ice seems to help a bit, as does strapping before a run. Is it possible that these are just the wrong shoes for me? I have a normal foot arch but pronate slightly on landing. Any advice would be welcome.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.