Should I do a LSR or a tempo run today?

41 to 49 of 49 messages
seren nos    pirate
26/02/2013 at 14:38
Also-ran wrote (see)

Well, I have to say that I put in some thought about what you should do, and then picked up the phone to vote, and then you go and do neither. What's that all about.

I did my tempo run last night on the treadmill. Guy next to me had his hoodie on with the hood up. It was all very Rocky

that was david hopeing you wouldn't recognise him

26/02/2013 at 14:42

You could be right. He was blowing a bit as well , and was also multitaking on the Daliy Mail and Telegraph message boards

Edited: 26/02/2013 at 14:44
26/02/2013 at 14:47

lol .... that was me then!

Bizarrely I have somehow managed to sustain a shoulder injury. all along the front  at the very top of my arm (ie from the very top of the arm to where the bicep starts) is dead sore and I cant even lift my arm up halfway anymore. 

Im going to chance it and just do running with it tucked in as much as possible but no idea if Im making it worse or not.

26/02/2013 at 14:54

I noticed the volume of posts fall on Runners World, and suspected an arm or hand injury.  RICE, and then gradually build up the number of posts per day; don't be tempted to go hell for leather after the recovery

26/02/2013 at 14:55
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

Bizarrely I have somehow managed to sustain a shoulder injury. all along the front  at the very top of my arm (ie from the very top of the arm to where the bicep starts) is dead sore and I cant even lift my arm up halfway anymore.  

RSI from multi-posting

26/02/2013 at 14:56

Darn, cross-post

26/02/2013 at 14:56
Also-ran wrote (see)

I noticed the volume of posts fall on Runners World, and suspected an arm or hand injury.  RICE, and then gradually build up the number of posts per day; don't be tempted to go hell for leather after the recovery

lol, annoyingly its on the shoulder that I use most often, still at least its just the shoulder. I'll just suck up the pain. Do you think Phil Pub or RicF would let a sore shoulder stop them? Nope, they'd be telling me to grow a pair ........ and so Im going to train on through the pain!

26/02/2013 at 14:58
LouiseG wrote (see)
David Falconer 3 wrote (see)

RSI from multi-posting

actually you joke, but there might be an element of having to spend all day using a mouse and then doing a lot of miles with my arm in the running position. I just hope it repairs itself in the next few weeks. I have targets set by Literatin and Seren Nos to achieve in 3 weeks time.

Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
26/02/2013 at 16:21
Any excuse

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 49 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.