Silly commuting racing

it's on

21 to 26 of 26 messages
05/12/2013 at 15:42

...oh, I see the tootling was done on foot.  I definitely pootle on the bike quicker than I tootle on foot, so that doesn't really help matters.  Tootling sounds quicker to me, for any given mode of transport.

05/12/2013 at 15:43
literatin wrote (see)

I don't suppose anyone else races buses?

Yes, and tractors. I also try to race cars. When running I always race cyclists. (even more so if they are on the pavement).

Amazing how many you can actually beat. 

05/12/2013 at 16:00

I race and beat aircraft.

05/12/2013 at 16:12

I have seriously raced a Ferrari at the lights before.

I was a bit merry in the city so decided to crouch down next to a fella's Ferrari and proceeded to sprint away at the green light.

I think he let me beat him though, not sure.

07/12/2013 at 13:06

Nice to read that others have the same thoughts as me!

My main frustration is when I go for an easy ride during the afternoon as preparation for a hard run with the club later. Get the pace right and my legs fly.... but get into a 'silly' race and they are like lead.

But as soon as I hear the sound of a rider coming I am off; and then get a beating later

The other frustration is on my run to work when I have to share the track with Royal Marines in groups... you can taste the testosterone!

But the objective for me is to get to work ready for work! Not satisfied but knackered

08/12/2013 at 23:28
I was beaten by a woman in high heels this morning. Admittedly she was running for about a minute to the station, whole I was on a long slow run. But I was tempted to either put on a sprint to show I was the runner, or hide round the corner so no one would see her pulling away from me!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.