Slowest runner at club so should I leave?

I joined a club around 3 months ago but at many sessions am the slowest runner which is getting me down.

21 to 22 of 22 messages
12/07/2012 at 11:02

I would say they were quick you are not slow.

I think people who run regularly appreciate this, I wouldnt worry about it, I dont and I am usually at the back too! 

WJH
13/07/2012 at 13:39

Definately don't quit! You shouldn't worry about being the slowest (or fastest really!). For example, my girlfriend has done a couple of park runs...isn't a regular runner by any means and has finished close to last place both times close to 40 minutes or just below...but she enjoys it! Don't put yourself down and keep persevering and your times may improve! On the flip side, you are talking about running these long distances - not everyone can do these so think of it that way too!

WJH

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.