SmartCoach Pacing

Q&As with Amby Burfoot

201 to 213 of 213 messages
20/05/2010 at 22:16
I can't get smart coach to print out as well as it used to.  You used to be able to go to a printer friendly version and it would print out just the schedule without anything else but now I can't do that.  Please tell me what to do.  Many thanks. Vicky Bishop
22/05/2010 at 20:33
I think if you go to the american site at runnersworld.com you can get a more printable version.
12/12/2010 at 09:06

Hello,

I have put in the info for a 16 week training plan for a marathon after using Smart Coach twice previously.

It has only given me two days/week training!!

I am happy with training 3 times/week as i have done previously.  I have tried ammending some of the data inputted, but it still only comes up with two days.

It seems to be missing my usual midweek easy run?

Any ideas??

Thanks, Chozza

06/02/2011 at 09:36

Some time ago, it waas possibel to choose between kilometers or miles in the smart coach.

Why is this choice gone?

If you suppose to be international, is miles not enough... 

16/06/2011 at 10:28

Anyone know how to print the plan out? I've tried clicking the "veiw printable version" button but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

18/06/2011 at 07:27
Excellent!  Now I know how many rest days I should be taking and how roughly to schedule my running
16/07/2011 at 10:48
I am running the Greensands Marathon in October in Surrey. It is a very hilly course with 5,000 ft of climbing. I can't find a training programme that is designed to help me to gain the best possible time over a hill course like this. I did VLM in 3.55.13 and want to improve fitness and time for a flat course next year but want to challenge myself with a tough hill course first.  They say add 40% to your best time and that is likely the time you will achieve for the Greensands so I guess I should be aiming at sub 4 hr 30 mins. Can anyone recommend a training programme??
05/10/2011 at 10:26
Fattodrop, I had the same issue. What I did was cheat with the previous race time until the pace seamed about right for me (i.e. 6.5mins per km for you) but then ignore the time it says you should do the last race in. i.e. if you put in 55mins for 10 then it gives you training paces at around 6.5mins per km and a final race of 21.1 KM Time: 1:56:29 (which I think is unrealistic so you should ignore and go for 2:24:38 based on mcmillan calculator)
20/11/2011 at 10:58
Is there a way I can use Smartcoach in metres only ?  I have no idea what miles are where I live ?
30/12/2011 at 16:14
I agree. I find that if I set my target pace about 20 seconds/mile either side of my desired average (with alarms on) and concentrate on my average time there is no problems.  Remember alarms are there to help but YOU are in charge.
17/03/2012 at 08:05
Is it possible to upload my Smartcoach plan to Fetcheveryone Training plans.
17/06/2013 at 14:10

All the figures on Smartcoach are in miles.  There is no option for km.  Do I have to go through each day's training and change it manually?  Surely it would be easy to program this?! 

09/01/2014 at 20:33

What can I do instead of cross training? Would cycling be any good?  Looking to do a half marathon.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
201 to 213 of 213 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.