So what haven't they invented yet?

That could help with our running?

21 to 38 of 38 messages
06/05/2014 at 06:54
Chia and manuka gel drips.
Injury treatment that actually works.
Nano tech clothing that enhances muscular performance (whilst not imparting an artificial advantage on the wearer).
06/05/2014 at 06:59
Millsy wrote (see)
In regards of the Marathon, excluding Mo this year, it's strange that with all of the new technology and knowledge we have the times of British male runners are nowhere near where they were 25 years ago.

Easy answer to this. If you look at a picture of distance runners 30 years back you'll see how thin they all seemed to be. That was because food was basic, functional and tasteless.

With the exception of 'Mo', even our top runners are carrying (a hidden) spare tyre.

06/05/2014 at 08:50

Ric said "victory of marketing"
Reading in the paper this morning about a website where the time poor can have a part-time dog. A dating site of sorts for those that can't commit to full time pet ownership: borrowmydoggy.com
I did have to check it wasn't April 1st ...

06/05/2014 at 09:09

I wrote why 'capitalism doesn't help everyone' in 649 pages less than some Professor in France did.

The vast majority simply cannot deny themselves 'tempting affordable' stuff. The stuff is affordable since its just a couple of quid here and there. However, it all adds up.

I only have to watch my sister around the shops to see that. "Ooh that looks nice! 'have it", and that and this. A coffee & sandwich a few times a day. 

The alternative to being denied the stuff of 'modern life' in order to lay claim to some 'big ticket' items is to go into financial hibernation for a few years.

Not many are prepared to cut themselves off like that.

06/05/2014 at 09:28
(1) Actual barefoot shoes. This might require the wearer to exist in 2 separate realities as you can not be barefoot and have shoes on at the same time- unless you somehow have 2 runners that are the same person.

(2) shoes with adjustable drop so that you can have different levels of stack for the flat. Uphill and downhill. I guess they would need an accelerometer and a compressor/air pump- as well as the shoe itself. But that is not my problem.

(3) actual common sense- that everyone has, which would therefore save lots of time and confused expressions.

That should keep bonds people busy for a while.
06/05/2014 at 14:12

It would be quite cool to be able to show undying love for a global shoemaking brand while not actually you know, wearing shoes. But to be able to do it in a cool way that matches this season's colour scheme.

06/05/2014 at 14:55
XX1 wrote (see)

I'm waiting for the scientists to be able to translate the posting of complete bollocks on these fora into the same physical benefits I'd achieve from going outside and running 

I'd be the next Paula, given the "training" I've done over the last 13 years.

06/05/2014 at 15:16

A wrist display linked to everyone's chips in the race that shows you your position and also your category position - would be excellent in the Vet Categories at the sharper end when you never know where you are till the results come out.

06/05/2014 at 15:20

Google glasses ....... you watch, it will tell you in real time your current position and what position/category/etc/etc the guy in front of you is. It'll happen. You'll see.

06/05/2014 at 16:36

Rectum snorkle?  For that extra oxygen intake at the end of a hard race?

06/05/2014 at 16:46

A digital clone that could do all the work while you get the benefits.

You sit on the sofa eating pizza, the clone comes back, plugs in, downloads the calorie defecit. You upload it - bingo!

09/05/2014 at 01:31
Replacement running gear, like knees, Achilles' tendons, toe nails etc
09/05/2014 at 09:42

a body chip, that gives your full DNA and identity profile to a sensor as you pass, it's coming

09/05/2014 at 11:29

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27335251

Sometimes they invent things that allegedly might not work?

XX1
09/05/2014 at 12:14

Running shoes with an over-stride prevention system.

XX1
09/05/2014 at 12:26
XX1 wrote (see)

Running shoes with an over-stride prevention system.

Have you tried tying your shoelaces together?

09/05/2014 at 12:39

I've often thought it would be good to have road running shoes with hidden spikes or nodules of some kind that descend from within the sole at the flick of a switch, or, even better, automatically, when you move from tarmac to grass or mud, thus making pesky multi-terrain courses a doddle.

09/05/2014 at 14:18
Screamapillar wrote (see)

A digital clone that could do all the work while you get the benefits.

You sit on the sofa eating pizza, the clone comes back, plugs in, downloads the calorie defecit. You upload it - bingo!

Then both you and the clone climb into a black box. The black box puts you both to sleep for 5 seconds, disintegrates you the original, wakes the clone, but tells the clone it is the original with memories transferred to it from the clone and that the clone has been disintegrated.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 38 of 38 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.