So what haven't they invented yet?

That could help with our running?

21 to 31 of 31 messages
06/05/2014 at 14:55
XX1 wrote (see)

I'm waiting for the scientists to be able to translate the posting of complete bollocks on these fora into the same physical benefits I'd achieve from going outside and running 

I'd be the next Paula, given the "training" I've done over the last 13 years.

06/05/2014 at 15:16

A wrist display linked to everyone's chips in the race that shows you your position and also your category position - would be excellent in the Vet Categories at the sharper end when you never know where you are till the results come out.

06/05/2014 at 15:20

Google glasses ....... you watch, it will tell you in real time your current position and what position/category/etc/etc the guy in front of you is. It'll happen. You'll see.

06/05/2014 at 16:36

Rectum snorkle?  For that extra oxygen intake at the end of a hard race?

06/05/2014 at 16:46

A digital clone that could do all the work while you get the benefits.

You sit on the sofa eating pizza, the clone comes back, plugs in, downloads the calorie defecit. You upload it - bingo!

09/05/2014 at 09:42

a body chip, that gives your full DNA and identity profile to a sensor as you pass, it's coming

09/05/2014 at 11:29

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-27335251

Sometimes they invent things that allegedly might not work?

XX1
09/05/2014 at 12:14

Running shoes with an over-stride prevention system.

XX1
09/05/2014 at 12:26
XX1 wrote (see)

Running shoes with an over-stride prevention system.

Have you tried tying your shoelaces together?

09/05/2014 at 12:39

I've often thought it would be good to have road running shoes with hidden spikes or nodules of some kind that descend from within the sole at the flick of a switch, or, even better, automatically, when you move from tarmac to grass or mud, thus making pesky multi-terrain courses a doddle.

09/05/2014 at 14:18
Screamapillar wrote (see)

A digital clone that could do all the work while you get the benefits.

You sit on the sofa eating pizza, the clone comes back, plugs in, downloads the calorie defecit. You upload it - bingo!

Then both you and the clone climb into a black box. The black box puts you both to sleep for 5 seconds, disintegrates you the original, wakes the clone, but tells the clone it is the original with memories transferred to it from the clone and that the clone has been disintegrated.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.