Soph are you there?

19 messages
24/10/2002 at 21:34
Soph I've been away from my PC for a bit and lost your thread, do they get chucked off after a bit I wonder??

I'm not far away from you, in Welly, but
after a moments bravery I remembered I'm a confirmed run-aloner,I got totally disheartened after a year of trying to run with a taller/fitter younger friend, ... I hope you find someone to go out with, and very best of luck with your marathon plans.
HS
24/10/2002 at 21:36
who's Soph?
24/10/2002 at 21:55
b*****r; I thought you were her...!
Soph was asking about the ilminster 10k, then said she was hoping to find someone to run with, I live near, but bottled out as you can see above, if anyone sees her on another thread, pls tell her I'm here!!- ta!
25/10/2002 at 08:13
I'm Soph and so's my wife!

(Sorry happyslug, childish I know but I couldn't resist!)
25/10/2002 at 08:37
slug
if you go to the forum front page and search for Ilminster in Messages, you can click through to the original thread - she might still have email notify on one of them
25/10/2002 at 15:21
Happyslug

Go to "beginners", second page, a message posted by Susannah Stewart about Runners Forums (has 17 messages last time I looked, including a few inanities from yours truly). She's second message down.

I thank you

Cilla
26/10/2002 at 16:17
great! thanks all!!

DH I'll let you off this time! :-)
26/10/2002 at 19:10
Hi Happyslug ,and Bune and Dark Helmet and Nick and A Chimp Writes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HS, I 've got your message now. I've been very busy trying to stay away from the forum. I don't know what's easier :quiting smoking after 15 years or quiting the forum.
It's hard & it's so addictive & expensive too.
The boyfriend wasn't too happy when we got the phone bill....
Anyway what was the question again? I am on wine again that's was I go on a bit too much.
I think I found somebody to run with ( a male...)but haven't orgonise anything yet but will soon.
HP are you doing The 10K in Brighton?
Anyway let me know if you get this message.

26/10/2002 at 19:42
It's only me again...
Happyslug, just to say it's amazing that I didn't see your thread earlier as you posted it on the 24th. Even though I wasn't supposed to be on the "forum" I was...but didn' see it! I wonder why?
Anyway, saturday night must be a quite night as your thread is still on the top.
26/10/2002 at 19:44
Lovely!! Looks like a happy ending!!
26/10/2002 at 19:48
SimonF, maybe we should do a film about the forum then? Have you got your tissues ready yet?
26/10/2002 at 19:50
A film would be very interesting!
Some of the plots within the Dark Side for instance! Steamy or what?
Maybe a book even.
Anyway, I've already got the T shirt!
26/10/2002 at 20:01
I'm not going there! What T-shirt?
26/10/2002 at 20:12
hey!! Soph,glad you've found someone...!
I'm also trying to get off this wagon, ..(or do I mean on it?) I have freeserve hometime, feel I need to surf as much as poss to get me money's worth but I'm in severe danger of becoming a virtual runner,
I meanm who's going to check up whether or not I really did that long run??? Whats that I hear you say, fooling no-one but myself??!

So Simon, I bet you don't go running after dark with your girlfriend :-))) Oh me, me, pick me!!

Good luck soph, I'm off for anothe r glass of wine, long run day tomorrow remember, lovely weather by the looks of it!!X
26/10/2002 at 20:18
..and I don't dare go near the dark side, scary things happen there,and I'm not doing Brighton, bit far for me, I just do local runs, for local people...
26/10/2002 at 20:22
Hp, did my long run this morning 1h12 because tomorrow can't. Was a lovely day today, but I don't think tomorrow you will be doing your run, do you?
Anyway, the bottle of wine is finish now so I 've got to finish the cider that I opened yesterday, what a shame!
26/10/2002 at 20:27
Happyslug, what about Ilminster then?
It's local and I need some support anyway!
I might be the last one so please come & give me support please! You don't have to run it, just say well done when I finished it after everybodyelse.
26/10/2002 at 20:52
I'm doing Cheddar on the 9th Soph, rather 13m flat than 10k hilly, I'm a bit of a wuss on hills, I have abit of a pact with hubby not to take up his entire freetime with races and running... promised to give up Sunday runs after Bristol, but was on such a high after i came straight home and enter 3 more races.

I've been trying to find last yrs results for you, I'm sure if you can do 1 hr 12 in training, you won't be last on the day, and anyway, who cares!
26/10/2002 at 21:11
Thanks Happyslug, Good luck with Cheddar, let me know how you got on.
I don't know what people mean by hilly, i will tell you after Ilminster if I can!!!!
I'm sure that's 10K hilly it's easier than 13 miles?
Why is it OK for a man to run BUT not for a LADY???
Gentlemen, please let me know!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
19 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.