sore knee

6 messages
HG
10/01/2003 at 14:32
After running for about 18 months, i've developed an odd pain on the outside of my right knee - i've self diagnosed it as Iliotibial Band Syndrome, but wondered if anyone else has the same problem? After a 2 week break from running, i ran 3 miles yesterday and although there wasn't any pain as such it felt odd and today feels a little tender - any ideas?
10/01/2003 at 14:38
Yes, lots of people have the same problem!

Have a look in the Health & Injury bit.

(mental note - I really must do something about my ITBS obsession (ITBSO))
HG
10/01/2003 at 14:43
Have printed some streching & strengthening ideas from the health & injury bit - hopefully these will help!
10/01/2003 at 14:47
OK, but do make sure your shoes are right. I've ranted at length about this in the H&I section - of the FORUM, not the website.
HG
10/01/2003 at 14:54
Thanks, just bought new shoes - there's a great shop called run & become in victoria, London. They watch you running and really assess your needs! They stock everything you could ever possibly need for running, well worth a visit if youre ever in the area!
10/01/2003 at 15:01
Good news - other people here have recommended them too, so I'm sure they'll have sorted you out properly.

Good luck with getting back on the road.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.