Sound vs Silence

To run with music or without? Join the debate

521 to 525 of 525 messages
31/07/2009 at 13:02
Any device that impairs hearing is banned in cycling andd triathlon on H&S grounds.  I would rather peopleran with headphines in than adopted the latest craze of walking round with a mobile phone speaker on full pelt.
07/01/2010 at 14:44
i can not run without music, its the only thing that helps me hide the pain i'm feeling and gives me motivation.
26/07/2011 at 22:05

I have only been running since April and have been using my ipod on most of my training runs and three of the four 10k races I have done.

While using the ipod is motivating I find it very fidly with even supposedly running specifc addidas ear pieces falling out in the smallest amount of wind.  I tried my last race without the ipod and ran a PB - 42 09 so I will continue to run with the Ipod when training but without when racing.

27/07/2011 at 14:27
Don't run with music racing or training but good to see the debate being brought up again!!
27/07/2011 at 18:56

This particular thread is now just over 3 years old, and the subject has been done over in countless other threads without anything new being said.

I am looking forward to the dabate that will inevitabkly start when people take to wearing these.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
521 to 525 of 525 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.