Speed of Light event

4 messages
02/11/2011 at 10:54

Can't do it myself, but this event looks fantastic and more than a little bit different. I guess edinburgh based runners might know about this, but if not, click here:

http://speedoflight2012.org.uk/#!/

02/11/2011 at 18:59
yeah.....this is awesome dude!!!!!!
02/11/2011 at 21:02
What happens if you get there 60 nanoseconds early?
06/12/2011 at 22:34

Went to some of their training sessions in the summer practising potential routes for this - was great atmosphere. Very mixed ability groups so don't expect to run fast (or even to run all the time, there was a fair amount of run-walk) as it was much more about teamwork and staying the right distance from the person in front to keep the choreography working, but so far seems a lot of fun to be a part of. The light suits looked great in their night trial sessions on the hill too (my dog and I spied on them on his bedtime walks).

Is anyone else registered already? I'm in for the first night, though tempted to enter a few more.

**Amazingly I'm through to voting for the Asics 26.2 'On A Plateau' group. Please vote for me! I promise never to enter X factor or stand for parliament so it's the only time I'll ask..  Thanks! **

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.