Spelling / Dyslexia

Spelling

21 to 23 of 23 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
30/07/2013 at 06:59

My OH is also dyslexic but we get around it by me doing all our paperwork and checking his written documents for him - he needs to turn in reports for work, so has me check them first. Don't know if it's common but there seems to be some words or phrases he's ok with and some he  always has trouble with - like Happy Brithday instead of Birthday. Anyway, so far we've got around it always as I said above, by me checking his writing before it gets sent. Perfect partnership - I do all written tasks and he does the practical - I can't do anything helpful around the house like changing a fuse!

Edited: 30/07/2013 at 06:59
Cake    pirate
30/07/2013 at 10:36

I normally stumble on key words and phrases there is something that people have called labelling crisis before but sure there is a better word for it. Where you will think one thing and say/write another so you are thinking say bob or carbon but will come out with tom or oxygen. It can be frustrating because you don’t realise you’re doing it half the time and wonder why everyone else is being so thick. Dyslexia is on the autistic scale and all that.

If it’s any good I normally have a A4 sheet of words I know I have to use every day on my desk to make sure I don’t stumble when I’m doing work. Strangely one of them is Vaseline for this site.  

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
30/07/2013 at 12:06

Not a bad idea, that. Thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.