sponsors

5 messages
26/10/2012 at 15:20

im 14 and im really into running and i wondering if u no how fast u have to run 5k in to get sponsed my fastest is 21:14 and i have only been running 3 weeks

26/10/2012 at 15:27

Join a club, get good, get on a team, compete, get spotted.  Work on your English, while you're at it.

26/10/2012 at 16:06

I'm 15 and I want a sponsor too, if you want one you have to be very good and have competed and done quite well. You have to offer a company something too, it's a two way street. And believe it or not, your English might help you presenting your sponsorship. 

And you have to be very dedicated, this may mean you have two run twice a day. I'm already doing that, I'm hoping to have a sponsor in 1-2 years.

29/10/2012 at 09:37

I know a couple of runners who have attracted low level sponsorship - free kit and shoes and the occasional Garmin toy on loan for an extended test - by keeping a running blog and updating it several times a week. If you have a blog that's popular and followed by hundreds (or thousands) of people, sponsors know if they give you a nice bit of kit you're going to blog about it which is free advertising for them.I'm not advocating this as something you should do as a means of getting free stuff, just that it's a nice bonus for people who have been logging and blogging their running for years...

29/10/2012 at 10:19
Craigerrs wrote (see)

And believe it or not, your English might help you presenting your sponsorship. 

this may mean you have two run twice a day.

lol

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.