starting back after a baby

61 to 68 of 68 messages
26/02/2010 at 09:09
Sorry if this has already been covered, but what is the earliest that anyone has used their baby jogger? I know the recommendations say 6 months, but is is possible to use it earlier? My son is now 20 weeks, but was 9 wks prem, so is essentially only 11 wks old. We bought a 2nd hand jogger off e-bay and am itching to use it! - don't want to do him any damange though. I've bought one of the baby snuzzler things which is meant to give them extra head support etc - anyone used these? It's getting very frustrating only being able to get out at weekends to run (hubby gets back from work late and I'm afriad the effort to get out at 9pm in the cold/dark/wet/snow has escaped me!)

Cheers,
Sara
26/02/2010 at 09:24
Mine is from 3 months. I don't know of any from 6 months!
26/02/2010 at 09:40
Chromey, is that a babyjogger?  I used my babyjogger from 5 months as that was what was advised.  Babies need to have good muscle in their necks to cope with the motion and its about that time they have matured enough.
26/02/2010 at 10:05
Ah. No, mine is a somethingorother lite! It's very hammock-like.

Not suitable for newborns as it doesn't lie flat, but can be used from 3 months.

If this one ends up anything like my (at the mo) youngest, she'll be holding her own head up after a few minutes after birth so it's not an issue lol.

It's great for bingo wings is it not? Pushed my three year old in one the other day and I felt like I could take out Mike Tyson afterwards.
26/02/2010 at 10:11
Lol, my little man is 2 and feels the same!  Damn good workout
26/02/2010 at 15:44
Thanks Ladies! Think I will wait until he is 5 months (corrected age) or so to be on the safe side - looking forward to the workout!
05/05/2011 at 09:42

Yes this would be off very initial stage to get that but you keep trying this thing..One thing i would suggest you that this would infect your <a href="http://www.biblehealth.com/ear-infections/inner-ear-infection.html">Middle Ear Infection"</a> so be careful of it.

25/11/2014 at 22:48

Post pregnancy it took me a couple of months to get back into exercise and I built up slowly. I wore a soft supportive bra or a support top from http://www.fittamamma.com/product.php/123/maternity_workout_high_support_top but really you have to judge your own energy. I ate a ton of food whilst breastfeeding and didn't put on much as my baby was feeding a lot. 

Edited: 10/12/2014 at 12:37

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 68 of 68 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.