Starting duathlons....

4 messages
23/10/2002 at 11:05
Hi,

Wondered if anyone could help? I am fairly new to this site, have many years of running experience, and decent, but not spectacular times (e.g. 38min 10km, 18min 5km). I'm thinking of starting duathlons - as a new challenge and to try to avoid injury. Has anyone does this? Does anyone know of beginner's schedules / clubs in north west (I'm likely to fall off the bike, first time I try!).

Thanks a lot

Jules.
23/10/2002 at 12:41
Try here its great fun give it a go
http://www.lara1940.freeserve.co.uk/page5.html
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
23/10/2002 at 12:41
Hi Jules - try a cross-country type duathlon first using a mountain bike. Expect your legs not to work when you get off the bike and try to run again. A reasonably fit person can handle a short course duathlon well, but to prepare for it, get used to going out on your bike and then go for a short run immediately afterwards. That's really the crucial bit of any du or tri. Have fun
24/10/2002 at 12:00
Thanks a lot - I've had a look at the lara site. Unfortunately, I'm at the wrong time of year, but I'll bear it in mind.

Jules

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.