Staying motivated with low energy people around you

41 to 43 of 43 messages
08/12/2013 at 09:26

How did we get from an incredibly crass comment towards someone dealing with mental health issues to cock-waving quotes about revolution? Did I miss something important?

08/12/2013 at 10:38

It's difficult, isn't it? I remember a time when I was trying to finish my PhD thesis, and my wife was expecting our first child, and it was a bit like a race to see who could deliver first.  We were both kind of looking inwards a lot at that point, at what we were trying to get out.

And after the birth of a child can be a difficult time for a husband too, he may feel that it's unfair for him to ask for anything from you while you are focused on a baby. I took Nick's comment as meaning that it's worth considering whether you are part of the problem for him, but I think your original post made it clear you were already wondering about that, something about "I worry that we bring each other down"

08/12/2013 at 13:52
Country Jim wrote (see)

How did we get from an incredibly crass comment towards someone dealing with mental health issues to cock-waving quotes about revolution? Did I miss something important?

Someone said 'favourite quotes' and it was irresistible! Not so much 'cock waving' I just like a good quote!

As opposed to talking c**p (Nick). But it is the 'play the field then leave' part of his statement I find abhorrent, OK so people meet someone while still married, but to look for a new relationship whilst still in one seems wrong to me. If Nick is just saying, 'don't let your partner drag you down too' then I see what he means.

But whether to work on the relationship or move on is too complex for this forum.

My first thoughts would be to  keep at it do not let a time in a relationship which is always difficult to destroy the relationship.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 43 of 43 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.