Strapping Ankle

How do you do

3 messages
22/09/2007 at 16:40

I am running in a 4.5m race in the morning, but am still getting some pain in my ankle, following a sprain about 2 weeks ago. I don't want to drop out of the race, and so thought I could strap it up for the duration. Does anyone no the best type of ankle support, or the best way to strap it up. Thanks

M...eldy    pirate
22/09/2007 at 16:43

each time when I have sprained my ankle I have used just the basic elasticated sports support bandage thingy ...  not an expert but it works for me

ankle bandages are done in a figure of 8, firm and even and not too tight but I think I may have practised before hand?

23/09/2007 at 21:21
If its support you need was told, double tubigrip from below the knee joint to toes otherwise no earthly good!  That was by a nurse!  I slipped on wet leaves 5 years ago and went over on my ankle.  She told me if I was going to be silly enough to race best strap it well.  It was okay but had to disguard a sock 1/2 way around.   My trainer too tight. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.