Sunday 10K

4 messages
13/10/2011 at 19:37

Hi hello All,

im just about getting over a nasty stinking head cold that ive had for a week,im running in a 10k on sunday and its a flat course and a PB is in sight (i hope).BUT even though i have been running for two years nearly and my diets been healthy and im very fit im out on saturday night for a CURRY,has anybody ever done this before or does anybody think its bad,and my PB could go to pot?

13/10/2011 at 20:08
Just go for it and you'll see whether curry and PBs mix. It's only a 10k after all.
13/10/2011 at 20:16
My mum wanted to go for a curry on her birthday the night before I had a 10K during the Summer and I was petrified of how it might leave me feeling, I ran a PB in the next day's race. It might not be perfect preparation but it's not going to do you any serious harm.
13/10/2011 at 22:18
I had a huge Indian meal the night before the BUPA Great Edinburgh Run a few weeks ago...my wife said "terrible idea" but I was absolutely fine - just made sure I was up early and visited the loo a few times

Brian.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.