Tailored 5K schedules - help!

Improving a PB on 3 runs a week

3 messages
27/06/2013 at 20:28

Evening

I am not long back from having children and, although have run many half marathons before, I am essentially 'starting from scratch'. I did a 5k last weekend in 34 minutes. I really really want to get my pace up before I extend the distance. 

I have scowered the net for 3-times-a-week training schedules for improving 5K times but nothing. Two kids and ful time work really restrict me to just three outings a week. I can only find beginner schedules on that frequency and none of them are going to help me improve my pace. 

ANy suggestions?

Thank-you 

Claire xx

27/06/2013 at 20:42

Smartcoach - I think they will all be 3 days a week plans. Tailor it to your own needs.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/smartcoach

27/06/2013 at 21:28

what are you doing in those 3 runs? Probably a mixture of a couple of months of doing what you're doing, and then just extending the length slightly would bring that 34mins down without any kind of fanciness whatsoever.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.