Team GB

341 to 360 of 10,651 messages
29/09/2013 at 21:29

Samir - your only kidding yourself . What you want poeple to think your amazing running all these times? Now you've ran a solid HM will be tough to carry on with the whole I can only run shit time thing 

29/09/2013 at 21:38

Scott I think you feel threatened by me. Is it because i'm young and fit and that you've past your sell by date. I think i'm gonner invite you round to dinner so that we can sought out your unhealthy hatred against me. And i've told the truth as best I could but I don't right diaries. I might be many things but i'm not a lier when it comes down to this because then I start to lie to myself aswell

29/09/2013 at 21:38

Just re read the whole calf injury thing- LOL. Another thing you failed to mention pre run- maybe you just made yourself look a little more dumb - you contradict yourself way to much.. It's hilarious so many mistakes in your story.. Will be interesting to see what happens with races next- what you going to say you run a sub 75 HM off once a week when really it's 5/6 - lol .. Love a good troll 

29/09/2013 at 21:43

I'm past my sell by date ? Are you serious? I was better than you are when I was 16.. Ran high county standard etc etc...I'm not that much older than you now and I've only been running since April and more likely better - besides the point cos there is always someone better and I don't come on here making out I'm shit or good

But Samir your not even a good standard for your age don't you get that? above average just- but you allready said you've been running hard 40 miles a week for 18 months so the whole one year ago running doesn't add up 

my back story is I've had 3 major head operations costing me 6 weeks in hospital each- was also involved in a hit and run accident on my bike nearly killed and was out having physio for a year- 

but oops few years buying a house having a family here I am  

29/09/2013 at 21:43

the calf injury happened when I did the 17.2 miles in 2 hours. Could you have imagined if I had mentioned that before the race? I could see you now saying "oh look he's changed his mind because he knows he won't be able to do what he said he will do" now that I did, I have the right to mention it and your still moaning about it.

I'm not going down to your level. Not in this thread. Not in a race.

29/09/2013 at 21:44

Good luck Samir - going to be much harder now you've posted a time after "little training etc" 

good luck for team GB too- I have my fingers crossed if you put in the hard work 

29/09/2013 at 21:46

Is it Ok if I say I like both you guys? LOL ......

29/09/2013 at 21:46

No one would have ever doubted moaned or bought different if you hadn't come on here thinking your some superstar or posting how bad you were only a month ago- then suddenly you run a lot quicker- that's either down to two things- lying about training allready done - posting a slow time to make you look good... Now which could it be LOL

29/09/2013 at 21:48

Sorry to here that and well done for bouncing back but I know i'm not that good for my age; you really think I don't know that BUT if I progress in the 2nd year in the same way I did in my first then you tell me where that will leave me? You seem to have written everything down.

By the way anyone know if i'm going to appear on the runbritain rankings list?

29/09/2013 at 21:49

Yes defo anonymous ! I can't help but have a good troll ! But can't help LOL AT the people who are so naive to not even see what he originally posted to him running- it's like Mo Farah posting I've barely ran many miles really (compared to say a marathon runner) and saying well I did do a 10 miles in 70 mins in training (forgot to say that was taking it easy) then running a sub 65 HM lol! Brilliant what people drum up here! 

Hes set set a benchmark now though - won't be long before he disappears 

29/09/2013 at 21:51

Samir it would be seriously advisable to set your own training thread or get involved with some of the guys here- they are all very experienced - I've picked up a lot I need to work on just this week alone and it's going to pay off-- I don't know your schedule but a club would help too and a structure 

29/09/2013 at 21:52

Anonymous, that is a question you only need to ask scott, he's the one who seems to be uncomfortable with achievement.

29/09/2013 at 21:52

It's hard to say where you will be as you'll probably progress quicker on first year than your second in times of pace as before you could hardly run at all- remians to be seen - depends how hard you are willing to work

29/09/2013 at 21:53

I'm happy you ran it - I really am.. I'm uncomfortable with the sorry you set before - but now you have the benchmark it's all ok from here - targeting another race ? I have just paid and entered my first race 

29/09/2013 at 21:54

Now, i'll listen to you properly

29/09/2013 at 22:32

Good result today Samir. A good base to work from from the future.

Scott - why don't you step away from this thread. It is what it is. You seem very frustrated by all this. Just focus on your own training and let this one run its course, as I don't see what you can gain from this.

29/09/2013 at 23:09
Here's the big swerve...

Scott and Samir is the same person!

Well done Samir, shows that hard work can pay off! Not convinced you'll make team GB but keep at it and you never know! A sub 2h marathon, however, is still cloud cuckoo land!

Scott let it drop and show some humility instead of hostility! Samir has been good value.

And if you can't let it drop, pick the same spring half and make it a race!!
29/09/2013 at 23:37

Yeah, come on guys let's hug this one out then set up a head to head to harness that twenty something testosterone!

29/09/2013 at 23:39

Btw- great result samir, regardless of whether you have been strasighht with everyone. Time to pick a sport IMO! 

29/09/2013 at 23:53

IAAF World Half Marathon Championship Copenhagen 2014 is open to all. Maybe RW   could sponsor it as  a Coe v Ovette style smack down. It would be far better reading than the usual 'How to run a 2 hour marathon next spring' feature

341 to 360 of 10,651 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.