Team GB

7,001 to 7,020 of 10,660 messages
04/02/2014 at 21:25

His 52s 400 is shifting... Samir you're on for a sub 50 then! 

04/02/2014 at 21:46

Oi, what happened to Scotch Egg? good call to bring your real name back as it's hard enough for GB to notice you with your full name let alone a nick name but I don't understand the lasest scotch logic.

Phillip, my target is too lap this guy into tommorow so he can't show his face again. I'm not really experianced with distances below 5000M so I can't really predict a target time. I will try my best just out of interest but I think I have a dull future for 1500M. Speed just isn't there for it but I will enter it with an open mind. Is "ketchup" "catch up" in jamaican?

04/02/2014 at 21:48

Let us know how you get on! Still do a sprint finish even if you lap him! 

Its 3 and 3/4s round the track remember  

04/02/2014 at 21:53

What's your PB for 1500M Scott? I doubt i'll beat it but it's worth a shot. I'm gonner send an email off now.

Carter, this race is about pride. He's taller, skinnier and he's easy african. At the same time i've just described kiprop but I still fancy my chances because he's all talk this one. Iv'e seen him run for the bus and he can run but he's not me...

Sub60Just, I need to be near that start line too not let Mr Kiprotich escape so quickly. I want to set the pace for the 1st mile as well. It's important. As long as I get it before race day then it's all good.

04/02/2014 at 21:55

4:22 

I was really in around 4:08 shape trying to qualify for Island games but I bonked my ass off at the BMC I ran

04/02/2014 at 21:56

I was last in that race :P 

04/02/2014 at 21:57

Thank you Scott, I knew it was 400M around but are we talking the absolute inside lane here? That's a point, I could beat this guy on the outer most lane as well. I want a proper time though.

Edited: 04/02/2014 at 21:58
04/02/2014 at 22:03

Chilax Lit, I have a confirmation email and everything. The only thing that bothers me is that somewhere in Reading, there could be someone absolutely pissing themselves at their desk reading this thread. I really hope that isn't the case.

04/02/2014 at 22:15

I swear if their email to you was a wind up and they send you another confirming it was all a joke I will personally buy every one of the organisers a pint because that would be quality 

04/02/2014 at 22:17
Stevie G wrote (see)

so what you're saying, is you're spending all night entering 1000s of people's details that you've discovered on line...

I have a computer to do manual work like that, I just programme it to do what I need it to do.

Samir Haddad 2 wrote (see)

Thank you Scott, I knew it was 400M around but are we talking the absolute inside lane here?

for a standard track:

curve radius 36.500
Radius of measurement line (line of running) in lane 1 (0.30m outside raised kerb) 36.800m
Length of each straight section 84.390
Length of track on construction line (kerb line) 398.116
Length of track along line of running 400.001

So basically if you stick to the inside of lane 1 it is 398.116 m but if you run 0.3m in form the kerb (about a foot in) it is 400.001 m

04/02/2014 at 22:17

somewhere in Reading, there could be someone absolutely pissing themselves at their desk reading this thread.

There is, but don't worry, it's just Dachs laughing at his own plate designs.

04/02/2014 at 22:31

Now that, is the loudest I've laughed at anything for a few days Lit - thanks!

04/02/2014 at 23:00

sub60just, I wouldn't find that very funny at all! I've been training especially for that race and I and so many others have talked about it for so long now... If it does turn out to be a joke, I will turn up to the race with a bucket of marbles...

04/02/2014 at 23:01

that was a joke by the way before someone starts ^^

04/02/2014 at 23:07

I'm guessing you haven't emailed them all ready then.......

Why not?! 

04/02/2014 at 23:11

because I have... awaiting a reply.

04/02/2014 at 23:15

Around two weeks before the race you will be sent a race pack. Inside your race pack you will find your race number, race guide a timing chip and ankle strap, a Championchip return envelope and a kit tent label. From time to time we’ll e-mail you our newsletter with race information. You can e-mail the events team at events@sweatshop.co.uk or visit Sweatshop Reading if you have any questions or need any help.

Seem's like i'm fine at the minute but still can't understand why i'm not in their entry system.

05/02/2014 at 06:38

I want to set the pace for the 1st mile as well.

You can probably set the pace for 100metres or so, but will then spend the next 3miles recovering and doing 6.30 pace

05/02/2014 at 07:48

From Reading Half Website

Bikes, stilts, roller skates, skate boards, buggies, etc.

Participants are not permitted to use any of the above or similar in the event and those attempting to do so will be prohibited from starting and may be forcibly removed from the course mid-race where necessary. Likewise, anyone attempting to start or join the race in any outfit that we, in our absolute discretion, deem unsuitable and/or dangerous to other competitors or spectators, will not be allowed to start the event or, if on the course, may be forcibly removed from the event.

Hi Samir,

Hope you've checked that your costume is acceptable

05/02/2014 at 09:18
Philip_M_Jones wrote (see)

Seems to be getting a bit quiet on here. I knew Samir should have entered Wokingham. Here we are, Feb 4th, and we all have to wait until March 2nd which is almost 4 weeks away, and no start lists etc to browse through.

Interview this week on marathon talk is with Ben Livesey who has an elite place at London. Apparently top 8 ranked UK athletes over half each year get invited and Ben is at #6 with his 64:38 from Cardiff. 157 athletes last year under 70 so 70 is no good. 65 is where the GB selectors start to look. Even Phil Wicks missed out this year (and indeed I guess he is injured at the moment because he hasn't raced since Frankfurt).

His aim is 2:17 which is Commonwealth Games qualifying standard which is double + 8 so quite plausible.

He is following a Hansen plan so no real long runs but he does a hard run faster than MP on Saturday and then a long run of say 16 on Sunday which is supposed to feel like the last 16 of he race due to the tiredness left over from Saturday.

Ben Livesey is on a Hanson-Brooks elite plan. Ben was commenting on a Hanson plan and gave no specific details  on his own long run training. In any case, I am sure Samir will qualify to join the Elite program after Reading (subject to entry)

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.